Welcome to Gaia! ::

I know some people are excited for fma brotherhood but at the same time people don't like it because they canged some of the voices and did start the series the way the manga did, which i can understand since it's suposed to be more accurate to the manga.
But what do you think about it? Is the original better because, well, it's the original, even though it doesn't go along with the manga's story. Oris brotherhood better because it does go with the manga. Or are they pretty much even? eek Ipersonaly will watch both, I can just never get used to Alphones's brotherhood voice.
Well I have watched both of them: original Anime and the brotherhood anime. I have come to conclusion that to me the better one is brotherhood. I love the manga, and changing it so drastically in the first anime was a huge minus point for me. My favorite character is Roy Mustang and I think in first anime he is left kind of... you know shallow. In first anime they don't go and show him enough so that you could see that he is a GOOD guy. To me that was why I was thrilled when I saw that they make new anime, brotherhood and it follows manga this time. biggrin They changed Roy's voice, but I kind of think this suits him even better if that is possible. sweatdrop

Profitable Gaian

8,600 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Junior Trader 100
  • Conversationalist 100
I like the original for the nostalgia factor. Not to mention the writer/artist/creator herself even admitted she was fond of the way they carried things. i dunno. i just like it more. i like the manga, but the first series is superior in my mind.
i like the original best and i already have about two paragraphs worth of why in another one of these threads so i'm just going to shorten it. i like the homunculi's back stories and how they came into existance better in that one, and even if the story deviates strongly from what was originally intended it was well done and can be followed. i stand by my opinion that if the strongest argument one has for the 2003 being worse than Brotherhood is that it doens't follow the manga, it's a very poor reason and they should work on finding a much better one. the characters still developed and had their struggles in that version of the story, though some characters don't show up new ones do and those who would have originally seemed insignificant played larger roles that added to the story. i think Dante is far worse than Father, who's big plan is honestly predictable and un-original, because she's killing people and making the homunculi find a philisopher's stone just so she can stay young and beautiful. killing for one's own vanity is far worse than for ultimate power, it's selfish at the best. i haven't seen the newest movie but Shamballa was still well done, though not a favorite to most, and did stick with the storyline to show what happened after the series ended, how characters handled it, and so on.

so that's the short version of why. Brotherhood and the manga are both still good and i am getting both anyways, slowly, but the original version of the anime will still be my favorite.
Before the storylines started to differentiate, I like the original better. The first one went into more detail about the Homunculus and the episodes didn't seem rushed like I thought they did in Brotherhood. But I like Brotherhood's overall plot better, so after the two start to go their own ways, that one becomes my favorite. And who doesn't love Olivier Armstrong? xd

Space Genius

Manga > Brotherhood > Original

2,700 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
I don't like the change of his voice :c .. I guess I really like the original better because that's the first one I saw.. I saw it on adultswim. ahhh, I remember the days. It was one of the only things I looked forward to..
After watching brotherhood i like it way more than the first

Nelazgra's Queen

Beloved Elocutionist

I prefer the original hands down. Brotherhood seemed a bit too rushed

Familiar Poster

I loved the original full metal better smile
I enjoyed the original, but I think Brotherhood was pretty awesome in my opinion.

Distinct Phantom

9,400 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Medalist 100
  • Conventioneer 300
Toxci
I know some people are excited for fma brotherhood but at the same time people don't like it because they canged some of the voices and did start the series the way the manga did, which i can understand since it's suposed to be more accurate to the manga.
But what do you think about it? Is the original better because, well, it's the original, even though it doesn't go along with the manga's story. Oris brotherhood better because it does go with the manga. Or are they pretty much even? eek Ipersonaly will watch both, I can just never get used to Alphones's brotherhood voice.

same here i really liked the first one because it really showed that bond between brothers which was really special and i feel brotherhood kinda lacked, it had the best forth opening by asian kung fu generation, rewrite. awesome song 3nodding none of the opening songs for brotherhood stuck, i think they all blew. the first one really tested the brothers emotionally which kept me excited for what would happen next. whereas brotherhood had the story down to a t. the action was amazing and the storyline had no loose ends. alphonse voice did take some getting use to in brotherhood but it later was tolerable. they both had their great moments, that if they were to combine the two it would be the ultimate anime for sure emotion_kirakira

Vermillion Lover

12,800 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • 20 Wins 100
  • Battle: Mage 100
I like the brotherhood better but the original made me cry more especially the ending. 3nodding both were awesome however. xd

GrunnyJKins's Waifu

Lonely Prophet

I like Brotherhood; I just never bothered to watch it because I had finished the manga when it came out. So it was pretty boring for me to watch since I knew what would happen.

I like the original FMA a bit better.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces