Welcome to Gaia! ::

Moonlight Phantom

23,665 Points
  • Alchemy Level 6 100
  • Battle: Level Up 200
  • Evolution Debut 250
I don't see for what only in U.S. burning_eyes and what is the reason for only U.S.

talk2hand

Sweetest Snowfriend

10,600 Points
  • The Sweetest 250
  • The Edgiest 250
  • Cat Fancier 100
I know what you mean.
I is a big loss for them cause more people want to look at the items to buy them

Lupine Spirit

14,950 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Team Jacob 100
FUNimation approached Gaia for this new sponsor item.

FUNimation is the US-based company that licensed FullMetal Alchemist: Brotherhood in North America.

this means they only have the license to the franchise in this region.

apparently their license limits virtual items more than their DVD/BD sales since this promotional RIG is limited to US-only and not North America-only.

regional licensing issues mean that monetary transactions have to be limited to the area where the license is valid.

this mean that if Gaia allowed people outside the US to spend Gaia Cash on it they could get sued. if FUNimation knowingly allowed it then they could get sued by the Japanese copyright holders as well.

Lupine Spirit

14,950 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Team Jacob 100
KatsukaUchiha
I know what you mean.
I is a big loss for them cause more people want to look at the items to buy them
the new shop only has one item, the sponsored RIG. if you want to see that and the items within you can go to the marketplace and look up fullmetal alchemist and you can see the RIG and the items it could generate.

Handsome Shounen

17,150 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
Mugetsu Ookamiza

FUNimation is the US-based company that licensed FullMetal Alchemist: Brotherhood in North America.

apparently their license limits virtual items more than their DVD/BD sales since this promotional RIG is limited to US-only and not North America-only.

regional licensing issues mean that monetary transactions have to be limited to the area where the license is valid.

this mean that if Gaia allowed people outside the US to spend Gaia Cash on it they could get sued. if FUNimation knowingly allowed it then they could get sued by the Japanese copyright holders as well.

Close, but not quite right. Funimation in Canada and US operate separately. This promotion was done by the US branch of Funimation hence why Canada isn't also included.

Lupine Spirit

14,950 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Team Jacob 100
Mitsumi-chan
Mugetsu Ookamiza

Close, but not quite right. Funimation in Canada and US operate separately. This promotion was done by the US branch of Funimation hence why Canada isn't also included.
I'll make note of that. but even with that error I was at least far closer to the truth than "Gaia's doing this because they're racist!" which I see so many claiming. (seriously, why do people act like "racism" is a term for discrimination in general? since regional issues aren't race issues it's obviously not discrimination based on race, which is what racism is. and why do people just love calling discrimination so freely? it's like a slap in the face to people who do have to face REAL discrimination issues.)

Handsome Shounen

17,150 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
Mugetsu Ookamiza
I'll make note of that. but even with that error I was at least far closer to the truth than "Gaia's doing this because they're racist!" which I see so many claiming. (seriously, why do people act like "racism" is a term for discrimination in general? since regional issues aren't race issues it's obviously not discrimination based on race, which is what racism is. and why do people just love calling discrimination so freely? it's like a slap in the face to people who do have to face REAL discrimination issues.)

I believe the formula for that kind of behavior is

1 parts ignorance
1 parts poor education
10 parts butthurt.

Lupine Spirit

14,950 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Team Jacob 100
Mitsumi-chan
Mugetsu Ookamiza

I believe the formula for that kind of behavior is

1 parts ignorance
1 parts poor education
10 parts butthurt.
you know, that kind of mindset makes the most sense online (altho even then it's pretty nonsensical)... but the sad thing is I've dealt with grow adults offline who acted pretty much the same (seriously, back when I was working as a people greeter at the Sam's Club where I live I had a Hispanic guy go ballistic on me saying I was being racist for asking him to show his membership card when he came in, just like everyone else had to).

Handsome Shounen

17,150 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
Mugetsu Ookamiza
you know, that kind of mindset makes the most sense online (altho even then it's pretty nonsensical)... but the sad thing is I've dealt with grow adults offline who acted pretty much the same (seriously, back when I was working as a people greeter at the Sam's Club where I live I had a Hispanic guy go ballistic on me saying I was being racist for asking him to show his membership card when he came in, just like everyone else had to).

Part of it was probably him giving you a hard time to see if he could get in for free. People like to do that.

In actuality, adults don't grow up as much as you think they would. So, if they're ignorant as a child, they'll carry those ignorant traits well into adulthood.

Lupine Spirit

14,950 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Team Jacob 100
Mitsumi-chan
Mugetsu Ookamiza

Part of it was probably him giving you a hard time to see if he could get in for free. People like to do that.

In actuality, adults don't grow up as much as you think they would. So, if they're ignorant as a child, they'll carry those ignorant traits well into adulthood.
I knew the guy was a member, he came in some of the times I was working Business Member Only hours and showed his card then, and he came in pretty regularly during normal hours too (usually with a friend who would have his card out and ready when they came in). I also knew from seeing him go to the member service desk for a temporary card before leaving on a fairly regular basis that he tended to forget his own card when he came in with his friend.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff