Welcome to Gaia! ::

And let it be about the first FMA anime because it's my thread and I didn't like Brotherhood.

So...thoughts?

Salty Pirate

I liked Brotherhood more than the original to be honest, but the original is still one of my favorite anime.
Even though brotherhood is the "real" anime, based on the manga, it seems to be just really all over the place to me. Yes it has a story line, but it's not as concise as the original.
I liked the original way better than Brotherhood. It was drawn better in my opinion, Brotherhood looked too....cartoonish rather than anime.

Invisible Regular

7,000 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Mark Twain 100
I like how the brotherhood made the series continue in a virtually seamless way, the only think I had issues with was with Al's voice. He sounds like such a girl!

Invisible Regular

7,000 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Mark Twain 100
mystic_wonderland
I liked the original way better than Brotherhood. It was drawn better in my opinion, Brotherhood looked too....cartoonish rather than anime.

The only major difference I could find was the hair color, with looked pretty good when it's in HD
frozen crystal ice
I like how the brotherhood made the series continue in a virtually seamless way, the only think I had issues with was with Al's voice. He sounds like such a girl!

I preferred Brotherhood myself, but I have to agree: Al's voice actor was not the right fit. And I hated how Hughes never got fleshed out like he should have. He was my favorite character in the original. I cried so hard when he died. =( If I had watched Brotherhood first, I would have been kind of indifferent. =/
mystic_wonderland

That's true. The original had a darker tone to it, color wise, and it made it less cartoon-y.
There were also differences in character personalities in Brotherhood. that took away some of the characters' abilities to grow and mature throughout the series.
And I'm sure we can all agree that it was a sad, sad day when Aaron dismuke's voice changed and he could no longer voice Al.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff