2 Gluttony: ?
3 Greed: Dante
4 Sloth: Ed & Al
5 Wrath: Teacher aka Izumi
6 Envy: Hoenheim
7 Pride: Dante

Quote Reference
Quote:
Dante is also the only known person to attempt a human transmutation specifically in order to create Homunculi (Greed, Pride, and most likely Gluttony).

Does anyone know anything more than this or maybe a few possibilities?
User ImageUser ImageUser Image

In the manga and in Brotherhood, he was a failed attempt at recreating the Gate.
As for the 2003 anime, I'm not sure.

Aged Noob

6,050 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
LingThing
User ImageUser ImageUser Image

In the manga and in Brotherhood, he was a failed attempt at recreating the Gate.
As for the 2003 anime, I'm not sure.

Well I was mainly pertaining to the '03 version since they were created from a fail attempt at transmutation.

Angelic Husband

11,300 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Popular Thread 100
I think, but I'm not sure, that he was one of Dante's ex-lover
In the 2003 version, Dante more or less says that she created Gluttony to process Stones or stone material. This is how she eventually created "incomplete" Philosopher's Stones that were fed to newborn homunculi (and Wrath, who grew past his monstrous first form inside the Gate) that both increased their powers but also disconnected them from much that might make them trust or sympathize with humans.

This is also suggested by Gluttony's state when he re-appears in "Conqueror of Shamballa". He is huge and grotesque, and oozing liquid Stone material that crystallizes into a solid when it hits water. Also, the fact that she repeatedly asks Gluttony to "eat" Alphonse so that he can be re-processed as a Stone without self-will that she can use suggests that this is Gluttony's particular ability.
Queen Shining Heaven

Greed was Dante's former lover. Not Gluttony.
Gluttony, as well as the other homunculi, were made from Father and Philosopher's Stones.

The manga and FMAB are the true original story of FMA btw.

But I do wonder, in the first anime, who WAS Gluttony made from? o_O

Aged Noob

6,050 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Drummer_kidder
Queen Shining Heaven

Greed was Dante's former lover. Not Gluttony.

I believe you're right because that doesn't seem right for Gluttony to be a former lover.

Aged Noob

6,050 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Drummer_kidder
In the 2003 version, Dante more or less says that she created Gluttony to process Stones or stone material. This is how she eventually created "incomplete" Philosopher's Stones that were fed to newborn homunculi (and Wrath, who grew past his monstrous first form inside the Gate) that both increased their powers but also disconnected them from much that might make them trust or sympathize with humans.

This is also suggested by Gluttony's state when he re-appears in "Conqueror of Shamballa". He is huge and grotesque, and oozing liquid Stone material that crystallizes into a solid when it hits water. Also, the fact that she repeatedly asks Gluttony to "eat" Alphonse so that he can be re-processed as a Stone without self-will that she can use suggests that this is Gluttony's particular ability.

That would make since she truly never understood how to make a Philosopher's Stone since Hohenheim was the one that created it but that begs another questions as well. Wouldn't you think she'd figured it out since she has been alive for so long since Ed and Al didn't spend nearly as much time as she did. Though since you mentioned that it would make since to create stones within a homunculus if she didn't posses the knowledge.

As far as Gluttony oozing the red liquid. I can speculate that it would be because he consumed Dante and seeing that she IS a Philosopher's Stone it would just increase him exponentially ie. size and hunger.

Aged Noob

6,050 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
D0kt0r Bulletz
Gluttony, as well as the other homunculi, were made from Father and Philosopher's Stones.

The manga and FMAB are the true original story of FMA btw.

But I do wonder, in the first anime, who WAS Gluttony made from? o_O

Well I'm pretty sure it was just suppose to be another creation of Dante's but why would she search for other homunculi if she can just create them? Is it because it takes a part of her to create them?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff