Welcome to Gaia! ::

yea it would be okay
Netizen05
danny _aka_strawberry
Netizen05
Yes, it's too mature. Wait until he's (or she's biggrin ) 13 or 14.

But he can watch Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann or Shaman King.

Gurren laggan isn't ten year old stuff

It's full of adventure and there isn't too much blood. It's definitely ten year old stuff. For me at least. smile

P.S : It doesn't mean that it's bad. Don't misunderstand me please, it's one of my favorite animes. biggrin

User ImageUser ImageUser Image

I didn't realize that a fourteen year old girl with huge boobs and a guy getting penetrated from behind was ten year old stuff.

Devoted Conversationalist

I watched it when I was like, eight. I guess there are some sort of violent parts, probably too violent for someone that young.
LingThing
Netizen05
danny _aka_strawberry
Netizen05
Yes, it's too mature. Wait until he's (or she's biggrin ) 13 or 14.

But he can watch Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann or Shaman King.

Gurren laggan isn't ten year old stuff

It's full of adventure and there isn't too much blood. It's definitely ten year old stuff. For me at least. smile

P.S : It doesn't mean that it's bad. Don't misunderstand me please, it's one of my favorite animes. biggrin

User ImageUser ImageUser Image

I didn't realize that a fourteen year old girl with huge boobs and a guy getting penetrated from behind was ten year old stuff.

You can see more dangerous (for a 10 year old kid) things on the beach.
FMA and FMAB are PG-13

Pearls of Diamonds rolled 1 20-sided dice: 20 Total: 20 (1-20)

Invisible Borg

8,950 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Conversationalist 100
I personally think so, but also make the decision based on if they are a mature 10 year old, and how well they deal with reality Vs. fantasy.
This is the age I started watching FMA , lol that was six years ago .

Fanged Astronaut

16,925 Points
  • Alien Invasion 50
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Normal Everyday Human 50
o_Nightshade_o
A little girl and a dog gets their insides mutilated. You don't really see it, but it's till pretty depressing. Also there's a really sad part where there's a giant war with alot of civilian deaths, including a little girl, which is what starts it.
Yeah that's the most gory episode... and they don't show it but you know. I don't like this episode.

Well yeah I think 10 is old enough to watch the show... there really isn't a lot of cursing in the show maybe she'll learn to use better words to express herself lol

Questionable Borg

TheHappyStar
I watched it when I was like, eight. I guess there are some sort of violent parts, probably too violent for someone that young.
But there is more violent things out there.
Well when i started watch it i was at a very young age(VERY YOUNG AGE) And my parents didnt really care my mother did wonder for a while if i should watch anime at all But she got over it... I Think she could watch it i mean she's gonna hear and see more ******** up s**t in the world when she gets older...
tsubaki1471
i think its ok as long as the kid isnt a scaredy cat emotion_awesome emotion_awesome emotion_awesome emotion_awesome

Don't be mean. Just cause somebody might get scared by some of this stuff doesn't make them a scaredy cat. I've got a close friend who gets freaked by blood and violence, so I never watch it when she's around.
My little bro watches it and hes 8. You just havta watch out for some scenes like roy burning people.

Interesting Shapeshifter

4,950 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Profitable 100
  • Market Browser 100
When I was 10 was when I watched it, but I've been told I'm mature for my age, so it depends on the kid. There is lots of cursing, violence, death, revenge concepts, war scenes, and scientific concepts that I don't think immature people should get into. Stuff could easily go over their head, and my sister that watched a few episodes at age 9 started cursing like Ed does cat_surprised In the end, it's up to the parents. I think they should watch at least 2-5 episodes and decide if their child should be watching it. I hope my advice was helpful! cat_smile

Anxious Reveler

8,100 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Flatterer 200
Robotic Tsubaki-chan
When I was 10 was when I watched it, but I've been told I'm mature for my age, so it depends on the kid. There is lots of cursing, violence, death, revenge concepts, war scenes, and scientific concepts that I don't think immature people should get into. Stuff could easily go over their head, and my sister that watched a few episodes at age 9 started cursing like Ed does cat_surprised In the end, it's up to the parents. I think they should watch at least 2-5 episodes and decide if their child should be watching it. I hope my advice was helpful! cat_smile

It was helpful

3,050 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Gaian 50
Waterfall Mercenary
...is FMA too mature for them?

My cousin is 10 and wants to watch it

Not that I am 10 (i'm 14)

And my cousin already knows those bad words and is comfortable with them (because her cousins always cuss) and she watches a bunch of violent stuff
That makes me have a creepy feeling about her

Thank you very much for you answers

I believe it depends on the child and if they're mature enough to understand it.

For what it's worth, there are tons of episodes from the first series they can enjoy that have little to no blood and gore.

And I think 10 is plenty old enough to get it, even with some blood.

And it's all in the presentation. I think an adult should be present to explain the more difficult scenes.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff