Anxious Reveler

8,100 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Flatterer 200
...is FMA too mature for them?

My cousin is 10 and wants to watch it

Not that I am 10 (i'm 14)

And my cousin already knows those bad words and is comfortable with them (because her cousins always cuss) and she watches a bunch of violent stuff
That makes me have a creepy feeling about her

Thank you very much for you answers
uh.....wella friend of mine has a younger brother that's around that age if i remember right(only met him once) and she introduced him to the '03 FMA so....maybe it just depends on the kid and if it's okay with the parents? it is animated, so that might help some

Anxious Reveler

8,100 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Flatterer 200
StrayKit
uh.....wella friend of mine has a younger brother that's around that age if i remember right(only met him once) and she introduced him to the '03 FMA so....maybe it just depends on the kid and if it's okay with the parents? it is animated, so that might help some

That helps a lot. Thanks

Newbie Hunter

10,800 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Invisibility 100
A little girl and a dog gets their insides mutilated. You don't really see it, but it's till pretty depressing. Also there's a really sad part where there's a giant war with alot of civilian deaths, including a little girl, which is what starts it.

Wealthy Fatcat

6,000 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Member 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
^ Like they said, The alchemists and (Damn i haunt watched forever*) But the village desert like guys fight over a girl shot in the head. And Ed and Als Mom got reassembled and it was pretty graphic, that might be Brotherhood tho. razz Im not much help xD
Yes, it's too mature. Wait until he's (or she's biggrin ) 13 or 14.

But he can watch Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann or Shaman King.
Depends on the kid. Some ten year olds are pretty mature, others aren't. Fullmetal (in both anime versions) shows a lot of death, violence, limbs being torn or severed, and people suffering because their nearest and dearest die. It's about war, and how different people react to suffering and loss.

It's also got a lot of humor, and the alchemy is fascinating to watch. Also, your cousin's parents may have their own ideas about what their kid should watch, so be careful. You don't want to end up in the middle of what could be a family argument (some families don't like to even think about a lot of the issues that anime often tosses out casually).

Good luck! wink

Dedicated Guildsman

8,150 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Conventioneer 300
Netizen05

Gurren laggan isn't ten year old stuff
danny _aka_strawberry
Netizen05

Gurren laggan isn't ten year old stuff

It's full of adventure and there isn't too much blood. It's definitely ten year old stuff. For me at least. smile

P.S : It doesn't mean that it's bad. Don't misunderstand me please, it's one of my favorite animes. biggrin

Friendly Sex Symbol

5,950 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Hygienic 200
its too mature for them and the concepts will go right over their head.

Friendly Werewolf

5,200 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Member 100
  • Friendly 100
i thinks it is okay but when it shows bad parts then no cool
all depends on the kid. if he's the type that likes watching scary stuff then he should be okay stare

Green Businessman

11,800 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Fluff Rehab 200
i think its ok as long as the kid isnt a scaredy cat emotion_awesome emotion_awesome emotion_awesome emotion_awesome
I think FMA03 is more violent than Brotherhood, but he should at least be 13 before watching either. Brotherhood has foul language (Nothing like the f bomb, or the b word) But still should be avoided by 10 year olds. Hope my input helps.
Waterfall Mercenary
...is FMA too mature for them?

My cousin is 10 and wants to watch it

Not that I am 10 (i'm 14)

Okay thanks for the responses

Bye
LOL

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash