Welcome to Gaia! ::

Original anime or Brotherhood?

FMA 0.18604651162791 18.6% [ 8 ]
FMAB 0.81395348837209 81.4% [ 35 ]
Total Votes:[ 43 ]
1 2 >

Personally, I vote Brotherhood. And, furthermore, I do not even think the two SHOULD be commonly referred to as "FMA" and "FMAB" because that implies that Brotherhood is not truly FMA. And I happen to think it is the ONLY true FMA. Thoughts?
FMAB is the TRUE FMA, cuz it is based on the MANGA, which came FIRST, and Hiromu Arakawa made the manga story the ORIGINAL story, before the anime writers ******** it all up.
I'm amazed that at the point when I've voted, Brotherhood is so far ahead. Every poll I've seen before seems to be loaded with 2003 fans (I do like a lot of that version, but Brotherhood has my heart by the fibers).
D0kt0r Bulletz
FMAB is the TRUE FMA, cuz it is based on the MANGA, which came FIRST, and Hiromu Arakawa made the manga story the ORIGINAL story, before the anime writers ******** it all up.

I second this.
D0kt0r Bulletz
I third this.
Does anyone know where to find part four of FMAB because it's not on Netflix yet.
    Like most people I prefer Brotherhood, the animation was nicer and the pacing was better (once they covered the ground of the first anime) in my opinion. Since it followed the manga I preferred the story too.

However, I can't say I dislike the original anime. The story wasn't as good but it was still pretty damn decent and proved a very memorable watch for me. It also prompted me to read the manga so that in itself endears me towards it. x)
    So overall I think Brotherhood is superior but the original adaptation really isn't all that bad.
    Even if it was missing Ling and Olivia Armstrong.
FMA FMA FMA!
I loves the FMA!
FMA FOREVER!

...I think I overdid it...
sweatdrop
FMAB 3nodding

Anxious Puppy

I will love FMA forever and never understand FMA:B. I've read the manga, I like the manga. I do not at all like Brotherhood. The beginning is extremely rushed, the jokes are pretty dry for their frequency, and they cut out a lot of the emotion that made the first FMA great.

What I've seen is that people who like darker anime prefer the original, people who like constant comic relief lean towards Brotherhood. To each their own. *shrug*
I probably like FMAB more than FMA cuz
1. watched FMAB first
2.FMA made me really sad crying
3. and I didn't like the fact that a movie when with FMA
4. I haven't read the manga but I've watched FMA and get the idea of it (any way I'm getting the manga for Christmas whee )

ALTHOUGH
the only reason that I might like FMA more than FMAB for only one reason and that is that it gives a better introduction at the start of the anime, BUT FMAB made me keep on guessing what would happen next.... and always getting it wrong xp
Vienna Genesis
Personally, I vote Brotherhood. And, furthermore, I do not even think the two SHOULD be commonly referred to as "FMA" and "FMAB" because that implies that Brotherhood is not truly FMA. And I happen to think it is the ONLY true FMA. Thoughts?

I completely agree

Original Loiterer

The original anime is good for new comers to start out with because it has a lot of details and explanation in the beginning. Then when they finish it, they can go into brotherhood. They probably won't have as many questions as they would have if they just watched brotherhood.

Hilarious Genius

22,050 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
Lost Avalon
I will love FMA forever and never understand FMA:B. I've read the manga, I like the manga. I do not at all like Brotherhood. The beginning is extremely rushed, the jokes are pretty dry for their frequency, and they cut out a lot of the emotion that made the first FMA great.

What I've seen is that people who like darker anime prefer the original, people who like constant comic relief lean towards Brotherhood. To each their own. *shrug*

umm FMAB is more like the manga than FMA....

Hilarious Genius

22,050 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
I prefer Brotherhood, I like parts about each of them but all in al I like brotherhood better!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff