Welcome to Gaia! ::

Liberal Nerd

12,475 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Generous 100
So...i loves me some FMA. And i love giving and receiving anon messages. SO, then I thought, for this FMA promotion, there should be a thread about giving and getting FMA anon messages.

I think its a good idea- maybe people could gift FMA promo items or items they have that suit a character or whatever and attach cute messages- you doesn't love cute anon messages?

Liberal Nerd

12,475 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Generous 100
ok, so if anyone wants to anon- great! And if you want anon- please post what characters you'd like to get an anon message from.

Disclaimer: I rarely anon anyone other than female characters, because it just feels weird to be to anon as a male char. when I'm a chick. So, if you want an anon from a male char, it's gonna rely on someone else joining me in anon gifting.

...sadly, fma doesn't have as many strong female characters as i'd like- there's Winry, the teacher Izumi, the librarian Sheska, Maria Ross, Riza Hawkeye, Olivier Armstrong and May but they usually don't get the same screen time and action as Ed, Al, Roy, and Scar.

Zimochka's Bestie

Invisible Faun

Sadly, I'm not an American, so I have no items to gift. But this is a cute idea, none-the-less~

Liberal Nerd

12,475 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Generous 100
Materi Rossii
Sadly, I'm not an American, so I have no items to gift. But this is a cute idea, none-the-less~

it does not have to be the fma promo items- long before this promotion, lots of users were cos-playing FMA characters by thoughtful use of random gaia items (white gloves, red jackets, black boots, scars, etc). So you can give messages with gifts that fit the FMA theme, even if its not a promo item. Also, the cute/sexy/thoughtful message is more important than the gift when it comes to anon-ing.

Zimochka's Bestie

Invisible Faun

Eriu-hime
Materi Rossii

it does not have to be the fma promo items- long before this promotion, lots of users were cos-playing FMA characters by thoughtful use of random gaia items (white gloves, red jackets, black boots, scars, etc). So you can give messages with gifts that fit the FMA theme, even if its not a promo item. Also, the cute/sexy/thoughtful message is more important than the gift when it comes to anon-ing.

Ah, I see.
Oh, well, I doubt I would be able to do that. x'D Even if I was a competent FMA roleplayer [which I'm not... at all...], I'd probably only be able to do it in the style of the first anime. /doesn't keep up with Brotherhood

Liberal Nerd

12,475 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Generous 100
Materi Rossii
Eriu-hime
Materi Rossii

Ah, I see.
Oh, well, I doubt I would be able to do that. x'D Even if I was a competent FMA roleplayer [which I'm not... at all...], I'd probably only be able to do it in the style of the first anime. /doesn't keep up with Brotherhood

It's the thought that counts *(also, although there are a few new characters and plot differences, the characters in Brotherhood act virtually the same as they did in the original- Ed is still loud and whines about his height, Al is still unsure and cute, Hughes still obsesses about his kid, etc)

Survivor

Ah, was it you then? <3

Liberal Nerd

12,475 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Generous 100
The Tentacle Lover
Ah, was it you then? <3

The world may never know...

(Well, unless some Gaia admin keeps track of gifting...)

Questionable Borg

I like the idea.

Liberal Nerd

12,475 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Generous 100
It makes me sad that someone gave this thread a negative vote...who dis-likes anons?!? crying

Liberal Nerd

12,475 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Generous 100
The Tentacle Lover
Ah, was it you then? <3

Also- I LOVE how you and your BF have matching/corresponding avatars! heart

Witty Shapeshifter

9,500 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Nerd 50
  • Tycoon 200
This may be a stupid question, but what exactly is an anon?

Survivor

Eriu-hime
The Tentacle Lover
Ah, was it you then? <3

Thank you~ We originally did it for a contest, but the contest holder disappeared off of the face of the earth. orz

Liberal Nerd

12,475 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Generous 100
kiarados
This may be a stupid question, but what exactly is an anon?

That's not a stupid question, especially if you have not been on Gaia long.

Anyways, An anon is an Anonymous user who sends out cute messages with gifts to other users. Many anons role-play as anime/manga characters or famous people or other things people like and some anons come up with their own original anon character (I.e- The Horror Twins, BitterSweet Anon, etc). I tend to anon as anime characters, as I'm not creative enough to come up with my own character and I love anime anyways.

You can give out anon messages as gifts at any time, but its popular to do so during certain Gaia events. Anon-ing has become so popular, gaia admin has been putting sub-forums just for anon-ing in their recent event threads.

Hope my explanation helps!

Liberal Nerd

12,475 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Generous 100
The Tentacle Lover
Eriu-hime
The Tentacle Lover
Ah, was it you then? <3

Thank you~ We originally did it for a contest, but the contest holder disappeared off of the face of the earth. orz

Oh, i've heard about that happening, and also about fake charities and contests designed to steal gold.

The trickiest scam I've heard is a TEK-TEK scam that goes like this: Contest holder offers gold reward for tek-tek of a certain theme/character- often requests that users try to make best character avatar within a certain budget- people submit tek-tek avis, contest holder disappears with tek-tek suggestions, no one wins anything or the prize/gold is much smaller than promised.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff