• The Wolf Within 100
  • Team Jacob 100
Killer-chan_x3SEME
Mugetsu Ookamiza
Killer-chan_x3SEME
Mugetsu Ookamiza
Killer-chan_x3SEME
Mugetsu Ookamiza
it's the "fault" of the people from multiple nations that helped create the current set of laws regarding how copyrights and licenses are handled right now. but those laws WERE created for a reason and do serve a valid purpose. but they do need to be reevaluated a bit thanks to how things are with the internet.

but there's really no reason to rage. you CAN buy it in the marketplace and there WILL be people in the US buying extra to sell to those outside the US so the prices won't get too high. and you have to spend money to get them anyway, so you may be able to work out a deal with someone if you can buy Gaia Cash yourself, such as you buy them an item from the Cash Store that costs about the same as the FMA:B RIG and send it to them and they buy the RIG and send it to you.

but the thing is i seem to not get how only america can have these shows and yet because of licensing we cant have it? we have to buy it (expensively might i add) to even get the right to watch it when it should be accessible to everyone who wants to watch, and have the option to buy only when they have seen it which i do if i watch an anime on the net i like i will buy it to support the anime. :I but i just hate these laws that they have at the moment.
America isn't the only place that has licensed FMA;B. it's just only licensed by FUNimation in the US. in order for an anime to be released outside of Japan another company has to buy the license from the Japanese copyright holder so they can translate and distribute it. they may also get digital rights with that license or even some merchandising rights as well. a company that licensensed it will only have the rights to either their country or general region depending on the exact agreement they made with the copyright holder.

this system exists because before international copyrights existed someone from country A could come up with, say, a bestselling book that gets them a lot of fame and money and yet someone from country B could start repriting it, selling it, and make a lot of money off it themselves without the person who wrote it in country A getting any money from the sales in country B. essentially this allowed people to unfairly make profits off the works of others provided they were from a different country. so international copyright agreements, and licensing laws, came to be.

well i can get that since my friend does not buy from a legit source and she bought china remakes and they sucked so bad the quality was terrible and the figurines did not even fit on their stands =w= so shes loosing money not gaining by buying cheep crap from china
and the Chinese companies that sell those cheap bootlegged goods made money, none of which goes back to the people who own the copyright to the franchise.

i know and even i coulda made a better job of the figurine then what they did! one of the figurines wasnt even painted! wtf! =w= we should be blaming the people who do copyright to make profit and to shut them down rather then the customers suffering and resorting to buy those bootlegged items just to have what americans have!
unfortunately Chinese law tends to lean towards the side of the Chinese bootleggers. insanely enough a Chinese bootlegging company managed to successfully sue a a Chinese company that was legitimately releasing an anime in China that the bootleggers had been releasing for a while before. considering that copyright violations are held in the court of the country the offender is from the only real way to do anything about Chinese bootlegs a lot of the time is educate people about them and encourage them to avoid them.

Lucky Saint

15,000 Points
  • Alchemy Level 8 100
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Killer-chan_x3SEME
8-Bit Revolution
So since you can't get you're VIRTUAL ITEMS, you want to act violently towards the owners of a site that tried to please you and a fan-base?

Where are your parents? Now those are the people that need to be slapped.

hahaha my parents hate anime and yaoi~ i did this all myself <3 i want to change the way these laws are passed at least for the shows and anime and even tv rights!

Doesn't amtter if they hate it or not, they failed on raising you. neutral

And sure, threaten folks on a dress-up site, that'a sure be changin' sum lawz.

You have no idea what you're talking about, please stop.

Friendly Grabber

8,400 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Nerd 50
  • Survivor 150
Skypyro
There are alternatives to this item. I don't even think the backstory is up yet anyway but bet it will show up in forums and you can check it out. I've seen people dress up nicely as characters of FMA without this item. I know it sucks but you'll have to find other ways and it JUST started so who knows. The price will probably go down. It costs gaia cash to buy them though that's why they are so expensive also for the fact that they are new. Seems your venting though so not sure how you will react to anyone trying to explain or give you advice since all you want to do is get violent xD

but its not just about this item, if this shop stays just for americans im friggen 100% positive that there will be alot more anime item releases that will only be available for americans which pisses me off more i went to the american itunes and saw all the anime they can have and when i went back to my region i saw s**t. all childrens programs (e.g. playschool) =w= i hate it

Mythical Seeker

Killer-chan_x3SEME
qtest_lil_angel
Killer-chan_x3SEME
qtest_lil_angel
Killer-chan_x3SEME
f***k this s**t! D< i wanna punch whoever did these stupid licensing issues in the first place, how come america gets it and no one else? its unfair!! D< we cant even see what the shop looks like or the person whos in charge of the shop and her backstory! D<

I 100% AGREE!
I am from Australia. and i am sick of seeing that only Americans get everything on here. even free items sometimes. and if we want them we have to pay from marketplace. its just not fair.

amen sister im from australia too! <3

*Hi -5's*

it is stupid. yes someone shows a screenshot, thankyou btw but its not the point. its not that we just want to see it. we want to have the right to be able to go in and look around like the americans.
thats the big fault in this online community.
ive been on here since 2006 and it has always been this way. thought it had resolved this issue but obviously not. -_-"

dont worry im with ya, ive been here since 07 and ive seen gaia go downhill, they need to give more back to the community id like to see admins and normal gaians (not the noobs,trolls,etc) actually interact and give us what we want~

Sounds like a petition is in order!

Benevolent Hunter

Khan Spacerider
Gaia doesn't care.

The only thing they're interested in is getting money for promoting FMA.

That's a silly comment sir. Laws are preventing them from letting everyone access this shop. If everyone could..they would make MORE money so yeah..don't even. xD

Friendly Grabber

8,400 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Nerd 50
  • Survivor 150
Mugetsu Ookamiza

unfortunately Chinese law tends to lean towards the side of the Chinese bootleggers. insanely enough a Chinese bootlegging company managed to successfully sue a a Chinese company that was legitimately releasing an anime in China that the bootleggers had been releasing for a while before. considering that copyright violations are held in the court of the country the offender is from the only real way to do anything about Chinese bootlegs a lot of the time is educate people about them and encourage them to avoid them.

-tries to read it all- damnnn alot to read

thats so gay chinese government is weird then if they allow bootlegs instead of legit items which pretty much wont be sold to china themselves but to people on the internet wanting them because of the US GAHHHHHH D<

Benevolent Hunter

Killer-chan_x3SEME
Skypyro
There are alternatives to this item. I don't even think the backstory is up yet anyway but bet it will show up in forums and you can check it out. I've seen people dress up nicely as characters of FMA without this item. I know it sucks but you'll have to find other ways and it JUST started so who knows. The price will probably go down. It costs gaia cash to buy them though that's why they are so expensive also for the fact that they are new. Seems your venting though so not sure how you will react to anyone trying to explain or give you advice since all you want to do is get violent xD

but its not just about this item, if this shop stays just for americans im friggen 100% positive that there will be alot more anime item releases that will only be available for americans which pisses me off more i went to the american itunes and saw all the anime they can have and when i went back to my region i saw s**t. all childrens programs (e.g. playschool) =w= i hate it

Yeah seems the laws make it unfair. That's why I suggest alternatives it's not like Gaia can really do anything when it's something they could get in trouble for, y'know? I get why your frustrated though..that does suck a lot :C Sorry man.

Lupine Spirit

14,950 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Team Jacob 100
Killer-chan_x3SEME
Skypyro

it's a sponsored RIG. many past sponsored items have been region restricted in the past and it's unlikely any items that are not sponsored will ever get region restricted. it's also possible at some point we will see items from sponsors outside the US that will be limited to that region instead of the US. the more they encourage companies to sponsor them and release sponsored items the more likely we are to see non-US sponsors releasing items on Gaia.

Friendly Grabber

8,400 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Nerd 50
  • Survivor 150
8-Bit Revolution
Killer-chan_x3SEME
8-Bit Revolution
So since you can't get you're VIRTUAL ITEMS, you want to act violently towards the owners of a site that tried to please you and a fan-base?

Where are your parents? Now those are the people that need to be slapped.

hahaha my parents hate anime and yaoi~ i did this all myself <3 i want to change the way these laws are passed at least for the shows and anime and even tv rights!

Doesn't amtter if they hate it or not, they failed on raising you. neutral

And sure, threaten folks on a dress-up site, that'a sure be changin' sum lawz.

You have no idea what you're talking about, please stop.

they did not, and besides that my mum and my dad split when i was 2 and i have been switched from mum to dad so gtfo u dont know meh, razz

and im just ranting on here is all D< cuz i can!

Friendly Grabber

8,400 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Nerd 50
  • Survivor 150
qtest_lil_angel
Killer-chan_x3SEME
qtest_lil_angel
Killer-chan_x3SEME
qtest_lil_angel
Killer-chan_x3SEME
f***k this s**t! D< i wanna punch whoever did these stupid licensing issues in the first place, how come america gets it and no one else? its unfair!! D< we cant even see what the shop looks like or the person whos in charge of the shop and her backstory! D<

I 100% AGREE!
I am from Australia. and i am sick of seeing that only Americans get everything on here. even free items sometimes. and if we want them we have to pay from marketplace. its just not fair.

amen sister im from australia too! <3

*Hi -5's*

it is stupid. yes someone shows a screenshot, thankyou btw but its not the point. its not that we just want to see it. we want to have the right to be able to go in and look around like the americans.
thats the big fault in this online community.
ive been on here since 2006 and it has always been this way. thought it had resolved this issue but obviously not. -_-"

dont worry im with ya, ive been here since 07 and ive seen gaia go downhill, they need to give more back to the community id like to see admins and normal gaians (not the noobs,trolls,etc) actually interact and give us what we want~

Sounds like a petition is in order!

im pretty sure theres a petition already but i just needa find it~

Lupine Spirit

14,950 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Team Jacob 100
Killer-chan_x3SEME
Mugetsu Ookamiza

-tries to read it all- damnnn alot to read

thats so gay chinese government is weird then if they allow bootlegs instead of legit items which pretty much wont be sold to china themselves but to people on the internet wanting them because of the US GAHHHHHH D<
Chinese bootlegs typically have Chinese subs on them, that's one of the ways you can tell a bootleg from a legit release, the fact it will list it has having both English and Chinese subs. so they do get sold inside Japan as well.

Friendly Grabber

8,400 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Nerd 50
  • Survivor 150
Skypyro
Killer-chan_x3SEME
Skypyro

Yeah seems the laws make it unfair. That's why I suggest alternatives it's not like Gaia can really do anything when it's something they could get in trouble for, y'know? I get why your frustrated though..that does suck a lot :C Sorry man.

i know it sucks and im glad theres someone who said if there black butler items released in the shop he would buy them for me~ which im happy for but it still sucks that i cant even see it even if i dont buy the item =w=

Noob

6,050 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Market Browser 100
  • Tycoon 200
Killer-chan_x3SEME
90th
Killer-chan_x3SEME

Just buy the item's in marketplace ._.

i cant i dont have the gold duh =w= and why would i want to pay 5 mill for one item!! D<

LOL
do tell, why would you pay somewhat 5m-10m for your headband? rofl

Friendly Grabber

8,400 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Nerd 50
  • Survivor 150
Mugetsu Ookamiza
Killer-chan_x3SEME
Skypyro

it's a sponsored RIG. many past sponsored items have been region restricted in the past and it's unlikely any items that are not sponsored will ever get region restricted. it's also possible at some point we will see items from sponsors outside the US that will be limited to that region instead of the US. the more they encourage companies to sponsor them and release sponsored items the more likely we are to see non-US sponsors releasing items on Gaia.

i wish gaia would actually come here and spred out i thought with intergrating into the non-us community they would see what we need as well as the american gaians but no they still havent seen it, i am a loyal gaia cash member given them my rl hard earned cash for s**t, they just ban me and spit on me =w=

Benevolent Hunter

Killer-chan_x3SEME
Skypyro
Killer-chan_x3SEME
Skypyro

i know it sucks and im glad theres someone who said if there black butler items released in the shop he would buy them for me~ which im happy for but it still sucks that i cant even see it even if i dont buy the item =w=

Yeah. Can you see it in the marketplace? It isn't 5mill so it must've gone down but...to get teh full outfits its a damn expensive ordeal available or not you'd lose both a lot of cash and gold. Seems the items don't even give you exactly what you want though I guess that's a CI for ya I just forget these things cause I don't buy them..o -o;;;
Nice of your friend though o u o

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces