Welcome to Gaia! ::

Philosophizing Smoker

44,800 Points
  • Bitter Sandstorm 200
  • Winged 100
  • Master Slayer 200
Why not search for and feature sponsors who include ALL of your users?
I don't blame Gaia for not being technically able to allow international access to this sponsorship, due to whatever computery reasons that may entail (I totally 'get' that Gaia would accept all shop sales they could get), but I do blame Gaia for hosting such sponsorships in the first place.

I simply think that if Gaia refused sponsorships unless they acknowledged all of the site's userbase, sponsors would quickly find a way to open access. Sponsors have something to gain from these partnerships, too, after all.

I'm all for people expressing that they disagree, but please, keep it about the topic and don't make it personal. Keep in mind that I am simply venting and this is not a formal complaint. Hence, my post title.

Hallowed Sex Symbol

8,850 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Autobiographer 200
Maybe Gaia figured that having the item in the first place was better then not having an item at all. At least this way everyone has the opportunity to get it, even if not first hand. It's not like Americans are the only ones able to own these, period.

4,550 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
I agree with what Jinji said. I also have hope that once Gaia finds more sponsors, those licenses can allow many more people to buy it from the original store.

Philosophizing Smoker

44,800 Points
  • Bitter Sandstorm 200
  • Winged 100
  • Master Slayer 200
T3h Jinji
Maybe Gaia figured that having the item in the first place was better then not having an item at all. At least this way everyone has the opportunity to get it, even if not first hand. It's not like Americans are the only ones able to own these, period.

You know, that's a good possibility, but how much are the items in the marketplace (as opposed to the shop price)? Yeah, it might seem nice to just be able to have the items, but if Gaia was unwilling to work with companies that won't recognise all of Gaia's userbase, more companies would open their sponsorships to other countries... those companies have something to gain from cooperation.

Firebreathing Menace

45,700 Points
  • Dragon Uprising 75
  • Cool Competitor 150
  • Master Medic 150
I'm Canadian and have no problem with the items being available for cash to US residents only. I can easily buy the items off the MP for gold. I'm happy to see Gaia bring these items to the site and hope they continue to do so. I would rather have these items available to everyone for gold and only Americans for cash then to no one.

It amazes me that people are upset over this. You have this amazing free site that offers so many things to do and people are complaining because they aren't able to pay cash for an item. Unbelievable.

Philosophizing Smoker

44,800 Points
  • Bitter Sandstorm 200
  • Winged 100
  • Master Slayer 200
wreaks_havoc
It amazes me that people are upset over this. You have this amazing free site that offers so many things to do and people are complaining because they aren't able to pay cash for an item. Unbelievable.

I put a lot of time and money into this site... it's an international community, so I expect a site to which I contribute to offer ALL of its areas to me.

That's why this particular person is complaining. I would much rather pay a small amount of cash than give some person a way overinflated amount of gold, simply because they were able to buy with a small amount of cash.

It amazes me that people are quick to dismiss issues simply because a site offers fun things for free when that site is made up of a ton of people who keep the site popular and, through gaia cash and advertisements, cover any possible costs the site may incur the owners. It's not a service simply being offered for free... sure, you don't have to pay to use it, but if some of us weren't spending real cash and/or clicking on ads, you'd either have to pay to use the site or the site would collapse. So, no, it's not a 'free' site.

Hallowed Sex Symbol

8,850 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Autobiographer 200
-x-Noxious-x-Nyx-x-
T3h Jinji

You know, that's a good possibility, but how much are the items in the marketplace (as opposed to the shop price)? Yeah, it might seem nice to just be able to have the items, but if Gaia was unwilling to work with companies that won't recognise all of Gaia's userbase, more companies would open their sponsorships to other countries... those companies have something to gain from cooperation.

That's the Gaia economy, controlled by the users and not by Gaia. Greedy users shouldn't define your hatred for the license policy.

Firebreathing Menace

45,700 Points
  • Dragon Uprising 75
  • Cool Competitor 150
  • Master Medic 150
-x-Noxious-x-Nyx-x-
wreaks_havoc

I put a lot of time and money into this site... it's an international community, so I expect a site to which I contribute to offer ALL of its areas to me.

That's why this particular person is complaining. I would much rather pay a small amount of cash than give some person a way overinflated amount of gold, simply because they were able to buy with a small amount of cash.

It amazes me that people are quick to dismiss issues simply because a site offers fun things for free when that site is made up of a ton of people who keep the site popular and, through gaia cash and advertisements, cover any possible costs the site may incur the owners. It's not a service simply being offered for free... sure, you don't have to pay to use it, but if some of us weren't spending real cash and/or clicking on ads, you'd either have to pay to use the site or the site would collapse. So, no, it's not a 'free' site.

I also have spent a lot of time and money on this site. Unlike you I understand that not everything can be made available to everyone, everywhere, all the time. I don't have a problem with this. I find such an attitude as extremely selfish and self-centered.

It is a free site. You don't have to spend a dime on here if you don't want to. But of course it's not free to run ... I never said it was.

I dismiss things I find to be trivial ... such as this issue. Rather then use your energy to complain about trivial matters use it for something important like the environment, poverty or any one of the many real issues in the world. I see complaints such as "don't allow anyone to have the item because someone else has a slight advantage" as childish and selfish. Respond if you like but I've spent enough of my time and energy on this non-issue. It's obvious some people like to complain about nothing.

Edit: Also, if you demand an all or nothing approach then Gaia should get rid of the cash tree, cash sponsors and all cash items as Gaia cash is not available to all countries/people.
The items are already decreasing in price.

Also, just because many users are in the US doesn't mean we can get them first-hand. I'm totally broke so really, I'm in the same boat as the users from outside the US. The MP is my best bet for getting them.

Philosophizing Smoker

44,800 Points
  • Bitter Sandstorm 200
  • Winged 100
  • Master Slayer 200
wreaks_havoc

I also have spent a lot of time and money on this site. Unlike you I understand that not everything can be made available to everyone, everywhere, all the time. I don't have a problem with this. I find such an attitude as extremely selfish and self-centered.

It is a free site. You don't have to spend a dime on here if you don't want to. But of course it's not free to run ... I never said it was.

I dismiss things I find to be trivial ... such as this issue. Rather then use your energy to complain about trivial matters use it for something important like the environment, poverty or any one of the many real issues in the world. I see complaints such as "don't allow anyone to have the item because someone else has a slight advantage" as childish and selfish. Respond if you like but I've spent enough of my time and energy on this non-issue. It's obvious some people like to complain about nothing.

...You seem to be taking my complaint rather personally for someone who is supposedly above trivial issues. Since this is an issue you deem trivial, why didn't you dismiss it the moment you read the title?

Did it not occur to you that sometimes people just like to vent (hence the tongue-in-cheek topic title) about trivial issues? This wasn't lodged as a formal complaint; I spent no time on a petition; I drafted no letters to administration. No, this was a quickly typed moan-fest calling "unfair". Why? Because I maintain that it's unfair to your userbase to host events that are only fully accessible by some. You can see it as childish and selfish as you like, but it has nothing to do with being self-centered; it has to do with wanting to see availability for all (I'm not even into Full-Metal Alchemist and probably wouldn't even buy any of the items. I only posted because I know there are other non-Americans who ARE into this). Also, this has nothing to do with not allowing anyone to have it because some have a slight advantage... it's about not allowing anyone to have it NOW because some have a slight advantage, in order to get sponsors to come around and work more with Gaia so EVENTUALLY everyone has equal access. I simply believe that if Gaia told sponsors "we're not going to advertise your products for you, if you don't acknowledge our entire userbase" that sponsors would be willing to find a solution pretty darn quick.

As for the energy spent on the issue and why it wasn't devoted to more important real world issues, well, why waste ANY energy on Gaia, or any other website? Why not devote every single minute of every single day to pressing issues? Yes, I realise you're referring to my negative energy, but that's just as silly as it would be if I asked you why you bothered wasting energy trying to insult me rather than dealing with 'real' issues? Your remark about that is nothing more than a non-point with no purpose other than to insult, or offend... only it's much worse, because it's passive-aggressively disguised to look like positive advice. And really, do you realise how foolish that criticism looks coming from someone who is, themselves, complaining about something trivial? Oh, and by the way, I devote a lot of time to volunteer work and research and activism regarding 'real' issues... and none of this took away from any of that, just like having a positive attitude 24/7 wouldn't add to any of that (just another example of why your criticism was a non-point clearly meant for no reason other than insult, unless you truly weren't aware that people could moan sometimes and still do good for the world).

Oh, and you're absolutely right, you don't have to spend money to use the site.
But, if everyone stopped spending real money here, do you seriously think the site would continue?

^^That was a long post, sorry, but I wanted to address your points/attacks. I may be negative enough to vent about trivial issues, but I am not so negative that I would go out of my way and comment on something I find trivial in order to passive aggressively insult someone because of their views.

Philosophizing Smoker

44,800 Points
  • Bitter Sandstorm 200
  • Winged 100
  • Master Slayer 200
T3h Jinji
-x-Noxious-x-Nyx-x-
T3h Jinji

That's the Gaia economy, controlled by the users and not by Gaia. Greedy users shouldn't define your hatred for the license policy.

I don't hate their policy (if I did, I wouldn't use the site). I just don't like that they take relationships with sponsors who don't recognise their entire userbase. I simply feel that if they refused to partner with a sponsor unless the sponsor acknowledged the entire userbase, that sponsors would quickly find a way to open up access. Also, no complaints on the economy... I just meant I'd rather not support greedy players.

Philosophizing Smoker

44,800 Points
  • Bitter Sandstorm 200
  • Winged 100
  • Master Slayer 200
Dark_Lady_Jade
The items are already decreasing in price.

Also, just because many users are in the US doesn't mean we can get them first-hand. I'm totally broke so really, I'm in the same boat as the users from outside the US. The MP is my best bet for getting them.

You've got a good point. smile
I just like having the option to browse the cash shop.
I'm just venting, though... I don't plan on formal complaint or anything silly like that.

Offensive Fatcat

Yes, I'm rather dissapointed with Gaia. It felt like a smack in the face when I found out I couldn't buy the FMA items. I buy Gaia cash. I spend my hard earned money on Gaia, Funimation and FMAB merchandise as a Canadian, and this is how they re pay me as a valuable consumer? I've been on this site so damn long and I feel let down. 8 ******** years, Gaia. I know about the copyright s**t but still. crying

Philosophizing Smoker

44,800 Points
  • Bitter Sandstorm 200
  • Winged 100
  • Master Slayer 200
Peaches McFly
Yes, I'm rather dissapointed with Gaia. It felt like a smack in the face when I found out I couldn't buy the FMA items. I buy Gaia cash. I spend my hard earned money on Gaia, Funimation and FMAB merchandise as a Canadian, and this is how they re pay me as a valuable consumer? I've been on this site so damn long and I feel let down. 8 ******** years, Gaia. I know about the copyright s**t but still. crying

Yay! Someone else who gets it! xd

Offensive Fatcat

-x-Noxious-x-Nyx-x-
Peaches McFly

Yay! Someone else who gets it! xd
Yay indeed. cool

A very kind person donated an FMAB item to me and I was so happy. Love them forever. cry heart
I felt my anger literally melting away lolz. But yeah I don't know I love Gaia but they irk me sometimes. emo

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff