Welcome to Gaia! ::

i love both of them and its IMPOSSIBLE for me to say i like one more than the other... they are both compleatly amazing!!!
Original anime series will always have my heart and will hold the title of my favorite anime .
I think it's freakin awsum as well! started watching it early on. so different and new was hooked first episode but one of the things that caught me into it the most was the OST brothers.. such an awsum tune... gonna watch it now.
+1 here too.

I feel like the script of the first anime was a lot less predictable and typical, just pretty much better written.
I thoroughly enjoy the first FMA.

I thought it had a great spin of the story. See when they made the first FMA the writer of the Manga said she didn't want the anime to follow the same story line and asked the Director put his own twist onto it.

I enjoy how they say the Homonculus are made and the bad guy is fitting. The story line was different and good.

I haven't watched Brotherhood or read the Manga but I know the story line and I think that's a good series too but the first was better.

The only thing I wish would be switched is the end. I'd like the ending from Brotherhood to be at the end of the first FMA. Why? I just hated the ending where Ed is in London and Al is back home and they don't get to really see each other ('cept through a movie). Also the fact Al basically loses 5 years of memories and really doesn't know wtf happened.

Anywho, they're both great.

Greedy Raider

5,850 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Consumer 100
Ean Dignitas
I thoroughly enjoy the first FMA.

I thought it had a great spin of the story. See when they made the first FMA the writer of the Manga said she didn't want the anime to follow the same story line and asked the Director put his own twist onto it.

I enjoy how they say the Homonculus are made and the bad guy is fitting. The story line was different and good.

I haven't watched Brotherhood or read the Manga but I know the story line and I think that's a good series too but the first was better.

The only thing I wish would be switched is the end. I'd like the ending from Brotherhood to be at the end of the first FMA. Why? I just hated the ending where Ed is in London and Al is back home and they don't get to really see each other ('cept through a movie). Also the fact Al basically loses 5 years of memories and really doesn't know wtf happened.

Anywho, they're both great.

At least Al gets his memories back and reunites with Ed in the movie. I actually don't like the manga's ending. It's the weak spot of the series.

That aside I'm totally with you.

Angelic Shoujo

23,150 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Cosmic Healer 200
  • Noble Shade 100
I have always like the original.

I like Brotherhood as well and there's not a thing you can do to change my mind.

Celestial Glitch

22,725 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
It's amusing how people seemed to go from singing the praises of FMA '03 to hating on it after Brotherhood.

Personally, I love and dislike aspects of both. Although, I think that certain episodes of the first series pack much more of an emotional blow than the Brotherhood equivalents, due to how rushed BH was at the start. They were not handled as well the second time, and that's something that nearly killed it for me at first.

Overall, they both have their merits but I still love the first one (and probably BH about the same, regardless of how peeved I was over the pacing.)

Supercharged Hellraiser

10,825 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
I like them both but personally i like the first one better because it had taught me some things that i still use today....like a transmutation circle xd just kidding but it did teach me a lesson or two. I don't really get why people hate on the first one, is it because it's older or that people think they can only like one....hmmm.... confused
nope, i kinda like the first one better

Dapper Noob

I LOVE the first anime. I really enjoy the manga story, but the anime is when I first learned about the series and it really drew me into Anime. It's still the only Anime I truly enjoy and if there was ever an Anime world I would want to live in, it would be that one.

Sooooo, no. You aren't the only who enjoys the first anime. mrgreen
I like both animes a lot. But I started out with the origional, so I'd say I like that one better. biggrin

7,050 Points
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
  • First step to fame 200
  • Profitable 100
Well i think people like Brotherhood a lot more for many reasons. One is apparently it's closer to the manga. But I still like the original FMA and I love Brotherhood. both have unique qualities to them. I felt in the original, the colors were more...opened, sort of colorful and upbeat even when the times got dark. And Roy didn't lose his sight. He ended up in an eypatch but he didnt go blind like in brotherhood....yeah I love Mustang =w=

Greedy Raider

5,850 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Consumer 100
RedRose_Guitarist
Well i think people like Brotherhood a lot more for many reasons. One is apparently it's closer to the manga. But I still like the original FMA and I love Brotherhood. both have unique qualities to them. I felt in the original, the colors were more...opened, sort of colorful and upbeat even when the times got dark. And Roy didn't lose his sight. He ended up in an eypatch but he didnt go blind like in brotherhood....yeah I love Mustang =w=

Shirtless Fatcat

7,800 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Pie Pusher 50
I loved both of them pretty much the same but I feel like Brotherhood rushed through everything too fast. Episode 4 happened in episode 8 of the original plus it was a flashback of when Ed and Al were 11 and 12. Pretty much everything was sadder in the original, but one thing that I loved the most about Brotherhood was the added characters and the whole Xing thing. The ending was kind of predictable and happier but the original was twisted and sad in a way that made me love it because of that twist.
I'm also really sad about the bad rep the original has gotten since Brotherhood came out. I first started watching the show when it was on TV when I was young. I think people need to give it more credit; if it weren't for the original, Brotherhood never would have been created in the first place.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff