Welcome to Gaia! ::

Interesting Shapeshifter

7,150 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Member 100
I still love the first anime!
To me the first anime story was better, the animation and the art were fantastic and better than brotherhood, and the music was phenomenal!
I'm trying to watch brotherhood... it's interesting... i like the first one better.
It's also weird how people say that the brotherhood follows the manga... but if it where to truely follow the manga, they would not start the first episode with a battle against the ice alchemist.
I love the first one sooo much better, honestly. I'm in your boat. I always hear about how many people love brotherhood, and I don't even think it compares to how amazing the 2003 anime is.

5,550 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Treasure Hunter 100
I don't like the second FMA anime. I started watching it, but it doesn't have the spirit of the first anime for me. The second one seems to be about action. One of the main reasons why I loved the first one so much was because it didn't meet any clichees. Like the episode with the butcher where Ed was scared to death. In most other anime, the heroes don't fear death.
The second version though seems to me like one of those standard cartoons with action and colours and coolness etc.
I prefer the manga over Brotherhood because the characters look better lol
But if I were to choose between FMA and FMAB, I'd choose FMA.
I loved the original anime, the characters were all so deep and I felt bad for all of the homoculi and couldn't decide if it was right to kill them just because they wanted to become human. The episode first featuring Shou (pronounced 'show' not shao) Tucker was heartwrenching in Brotherhood it was a horrible summary of the actual episode. To me Brotherhood wasn't at all worth watching until episode 49+. I hated that Pride was Bradley's son and that he threatened Hawkeye just because Bradly told her his whole life story when she only asked one question that didn't warrant the trip down memory lane. Hohenheim is a bit more important in Brotherhood but the last fight seemed like a school fight between two kids with everyone else just watching. Plus I dislike the ninja, because Xing (China really has ninja - sarcasm) they were so useless, they couldn't even hit Bradly. The original anime focus more on the alchemy too, more than just the rules of alchemy, I felt that it actually played a key role in the whole series while in Brotherhood, it feels like alchemy is used but isn't as important. Though Brotherhood does have some key moments like Roy burning the hell out of Envy and the Dwarf in the Flask episode. I still prefer the first one.

Omnipresent Demigod

User Image
                    _HDMl_ / / Devoid.
                    ________
                    No, I still like the original better as well.
                    Never got into the Brotherhood version.

__________- - - - - - - - - - - -

5,800 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
Oh no your are not the only one. D: my avi ti's naked. lol
yum_puddi

Dapper Genius

1,850 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
User Image I already thought it was pretty bad, but I stopped watching it when Dr. Marco started controlling Scar with the Philosopher stone. That was f*cking bullsh*t.

Predestined Fatcat

10,975 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
I love the first one because it was the first anime that I actually finished.

I have my ehs and mehs about brotherhood.
First, I like it because it actually follows the story plot of the manga (Unlike the first one, Although it did have a good twist to it)

The only thing I didn't like was Ed's hair color and the animation style (although I guess I can get used to it T: )

Otherwise they're both good and I don't see why anyone should be complaining.

Sure the first one didn't follow the manga plot, but it gave it and interesting second look at things.
Another thing, I hate it when people debate about the show when they haven't even read the manga.

Fashionable Conventioneer

7,650 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Millionaire 200
I loved it
I like all of them lol heart biggrin
Masako Uchiha
'Cause since Brotherhood, everyone seems to hate it, ignoring the fact that it started the anime boom from the past decade and was considered one of the masterpieces of anime. Not to mention Seiji Mizushima directed it.

Maybe it doesn't follow the manga, but that doesn't make it bad. Hell, is the first anime that made me cry.

And unpopular opinion: I like the first anime more than the manga/Brotherhood. Ed is more introspective and brooding in the first one and in general Ed and Al seem more screwed up (Oedipus complex).

I love drama. Kill me.
well, i say the first was awsome. like with all anime, if theres a new series, the new 1 normally sucks. FMA and Naruto are good examples.

3,600 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
why is everybody a fanboy of brotherhood the first fullmetal alchemist was so much better rolleyes rolleyes

Greedy Raider

5,850 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Consumer 100
pcj1999
why is everybody a fanboy of brotherhood the first fullmetal alchemist was so much better rolleyes rolleyes

Because Brotherhood follows the manga and that's apparently their only reason.

Greedy Raider

5,850 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Consumer 100
yumi4046
Masako Uchiha
'Cause since Brotherhood, everyone seems to hate it, ignoring the fact that it started the anime boom from the past decade and was considered one of the masterpieces of anime. Not to mention Seiji Mizushima directed it.

Maybe it doesn't follow the manga, but that doesn't make it bad. Hell, is the first anime that made me cry.

And unpopular opinion: I like the first anime more than the manga/Brotherhood. Ed is more introspective and brooding in the first one and in general Ed and Al seem more screwed up (Oedipus complex).

I love drama. Kill me.
well, i say the first was awsome. like with all anime, if theres a new series, the new 1 normally sucks. FMA and Naruto are good examples.

You got that right.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces