Welcome to Gaia! ::

First I love them both for their own reasons, though I havent seen the end of brotherhood yet so that might change my mind eek

Either way it was the first that really got me into anime in general, so it means a lot to me in a nostalgic sense as well. 3nodding
possible '03 spoilers:

The first FMA got me hooked on anime during my teen years (child hood years: sailor moon, dbz etc) but I first saw FMA on TV and I felt like my life changed... (dramatic, I know. lol) I can't really describe it but something about it, just made me in my own world. I LOVED the story line and sound tracks. The first FMA plot was different from the manga, and it was so original (different from brotherhood, but both original in 2 separate ways) that it also carried the ending differently as the aspect of living in 2 different worlds (mind= blown) The first FMA ending followed by the movie, Conqueror of Shambala was a beautiful movie, I honestly love the story line of the movie (although I didn't like the ending much) And I definately loved the quotes... wow I just made an emotional post /tears crying

FMA is still one of the best anime/manga I ever watched/read... and I am very picky on what I watch/read too. FMA is truly an amazing story line and I felt like a part of my teen years gone missing when the FMA manga ended :''''' (

I haven't watched all of the Second FMA brotherhood version because I read the manga already. I just find that the first FMA was very powerful with aspects of OST, songs, etc lol just my opinion

Btw, if you guys haven't watched Conqueror of Shambala movie, it ties in the ending of what happened in the first FMA ending episode. (How Al figures out a way to get Ed out of the other lost world) So I consider the first FMA series combined with the movie, it completes the whole series and ties in the plot.

Greedy Raider

5,850 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Consumer 100
adore - - t e e
possible '03 spoilers:

The first FMA got me hooked on anime during my teen years (child hood years: sailor moon, dbz etc) but I first saw FMA on TV and I felt like my life changed... (dramatic, I know. lol) I can't really describe it but something about it, just made me in my own world. I LOVED the story line and sound tracks. The first FMA plot was different from the manga, and it was so original (different from brotherhood, but both original in 2 separate ways) that it also carried the ending differently as the aspect of living in 2 different worlds (mind= blown) The first FMA ending followed by the movie, Conqueror of Shambala was a beautiful movie, I honestly love the story line of the movie (although I didn't like the ending much) And I definately loved the quotes... wow I just made an emotional post /tears crying

FMA is still one of the best anime/manga I ever watched/read... and I am very picky on what I watch/read too. FMA is truly an amazing story line and I felt like a part of my teen years gone missing when the FMA manga ended :''''' (

I haven't watched all of the Second FMA brotherhood version because I read the manga already. I just find that the first FMA was very powerful with aspects of OST, songs, etc lol just my opinion

Btw, if you guys haven't watched Conqueror of Shambala movie, it ties in the ending of what happened in the first FMA ending episode. (How Al figures out a way to get Ed out of the other lost world) So I consider the first FMA series combined with the movie, it completes the whole series and ties in the plot.

Kudos.

Greedy Raider

5,850 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Consumer 100
NyteSama
I enjoyed it, and still enjoy it.
Brotherhood, and the manga, were really.... weak in their endings by comparison.

I'm with you, dude. The manga/Brotherhood was going so well and then... That ending.

I still enjoy it and re-watch my DVDs. Man, I miss cynical Ed.

Quotable Genius

6,150 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Friendly 100
I haven't watched Brotherhood yet, but I love the original series heart

Amorous Mage

10,500 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
NO, I love it because if it weren't for it, then brotherhood would have never been made. I love both versions.

Devoted Knight

11,800 Points
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Trick or Treat 100
I do like Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood, admittedly. But I haven't seen the originally made Fullmetal Alchemist and would very much like to. I find it sounds pretty interesting and does have different aspects from Brotherhood from what I've read up on it.
Masako Uchiha
NyteSama
I enjoyed it, and still enjoy it.
Brotherhood, and the manga, were really.... weak in their endings by comparison.

I'm with you, dude. The manga/Brotherhood was going so well and then... That ending.

I still enjoy it and re-watch my DVDs. Man, I miss cynical Ed.

Yeah, I was.... really disappointed that it all boiled down to a happily-ever-after sort of ending... It killed the series for me.

Not saying the first anime wasnt without its flaws either, but I felt the ending and overall tone was much much stronger.
well i have to say, though i did ABSOLUTELY LOVE conquerer of shamballa, i kinda did like the ending of brotherhood a little better, since ed got to stay in amestris and all, and the gang wasnt broken up. crying but overall, THE FIRST FMA SERIES WAS THE FRIGGIN' BEST SHOW IN THE WOOR-NO, UNIVER-NO, EVER. END OF STORY. heart heart heart heart heart
I loved and still love the original FMA. I have probably watched the enitire series about 3 times (I know I have nothing to with my life) But I just love it that much!! I started to watch Brotherhood, but I just couldn't get into it as much as the original... It's just the best! Plus the movie was an awesome addition/ending to the series!
But I did not realize that the first FMA was getting such a bad rap, it had such a great story!

Demonic Genius

The first FMA is the original. The best.
However, I will give respect for FMAB only because it follows the manga.

Beloved Seeker

4,700 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Dressed Up 200
There's a few things I liked better with Brotherhood than with the original. The details on the world at large and deeper insight on Hoho papa and various other characters. (Havok's family owns a store. Hawkeye has a grandfather. Hoho was a slave!) The first anime didn't have those things.

But I still like the first one better.

It was interesting to see Ed discover how alike his dad and him were. It makes you think about the psyche of mankind. Is the things we do a result of genetics or our environment? Look at Ed, he ended up unconsciously following in his dad's footsteps and tried to bring someone back from the dead. He came up with the same array to make a Stone and both sacrificed themselves for the sake of family.
There was also deeper emotions portrayed in the homunculi. They're not mindless henchmen who obey some dude stuck in a chair like in Brotherhood. These guys have pasts and desires too. They all rebel in some way and that's what makes them more lifelike. More memorable in my opinion.

Malevolent Cutie-Pie

14,425 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
I actualley havent seen any of brotherhood yet sad so i cant say which I like better

Distinct Genius

2,550 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Gaian 50
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
I like the first FMA anime. I haven't seen the Brotherhood yet.

6,650 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Autobiographer 200
I agree. When Brotherhood came out everyone of my friends told me to watch it and as soon as I said I liked the first anime better all I got was a "What! Why? This one relates better to the manga!" Yea... Honestly I like both but the first one will always be better to me.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff