Welcome to Gaia! ::

Greedy Raider

5,850 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Consumer 100
'Cause since Brotherhood, everyone seems to hate it, ignoring the fact that it started the anime boom from the past decade and was considered one of the masterpieces of anime. Not to mention Seiji Mizushima directed it.

Maybe it doesn't follow the manga, but that doesn't make it bad. Hell, is the first anime that made me cry.

And unpopular opinion: I like the first anime more than the manga/Brotherhood. Ed is more introspective and brooding in the first one and in general Ed and Al seem more screwed up (Oedipus complex).

I love drama. Kill me.

4,700 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Dressed Up 200
hmmmmmm i cant say which one i like better, theyre pretty even in my book.

Greedy Raider

5,850 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Consumer 100
Manlyskittles

I liked Brotherhood, but the ending was kind of meh to me.

I'm pretty sad that the first gets so much hate now.

4,700 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Dressed Up 200
Masako Uchiha
Manlyskittles

Yeah i liked how the homunculus were created from failed human transmutations, and yeah the ending to brotherhood kinda sucked like i dont get why father didnt fight back he just pretty much stood there the entire time. Plus i just like ed more in the original anime.

Greedy Raider

5,850 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Consumer 100
Manlyskittles
Masako Uchiha
Manlyskittles

Yeah i liked how the homunculus were created from failed human transmutations, and yeah the ending to brotherhood kinda sucked like i dont get why father didnt fight back he just pretty much stood there the entire time. Plus i just like ed more in the original anime.

I liked how things were getting regularly unfunny in the second half of the first anime (I liked the comedy, though). Everything was more serious and dramatic and Ed wasn't just hot-blooded; he was pretty brooding and in general he seemed to suffer from an existencial crisis mixed with deception of himself for Al's situation. As for all, his Oedipus complex was too obvious. The homnuculus as "failed humans" just added drama and trauma to the caracters. Hell, to me Mustang was deeper in the first than the manga.

The same for Conqueror of Shamballa. It wasn't that bad and I actually liked Noah and the other Al.

I know, he was freaking god. He though that because he was god Ed's punches wouldn't do nothing?

4,700 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Dressed Up 200
Masako Uchiha
Manlyskittles
Masako Uchiha
Manlyskittles

I liked how things were getting regularly unfunny in the second half of the first anime (I liked the comedy, though). Everything was more serious and dramatic and Ed wasn't just hot-blooded; he was pretty brooding and in general he seemed to suffer from an existencial crisis mixed with deception of himself for Al's situation. As for all, his Oedipus complex was too obvious. The homnuculus as "failed humans" just added drama and trauma to the caracters. Hell, to me Mustang was deeper in the first than the manga.

The same for Conqueror of Shamballa. It wasn't that bad and I actually liked Noah and the other Al.

I know, he was freaking god. He though that because he was god Ed's punches wouldn't do nothing?
Yeah they definitely showed how ed grew up and matured better in the first anime. the Conqueror of Shamballa wasn't bad i like how it ended anyways I haven't watched it in a while. The only thing i really like better about brotherhood is pride he was pretty cool, and i like how they created the fuhrer.

Greedy Raider

5,850 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Consumer 100
Manlyskittles
Masako Uchiha
Manlyskittles
Masako Uchiha
Manlyskittles

Yeah they definitely showed how ed grew up and matured better in the first anime. the Conqueror of Shamballa wasn't bad i like how it ended anyways I haven't watched it in a while. The only thing i really like better about brotherhood is pride he was pretty cool, and i like how they created the fuhrer.

I like all the Prides and Fuhrers, LOL!

Yeah, Ed and Al's character development was well done, you could actually see it. Hell, even the homnuculi, some of them really made you feel bad in the end. Lust comes into mind.

The OST is pretty cool too. Bratja is my himn.

Yeah, isn't it cool that Ed and Al are in this world,? LOL
i do find it rather depressing and annoying that tons of fans have suddenly either dumped the first anime for FMA all together or seem to have nothing but bad things to say about it ever since Brotherhood came out. even more sad in my opinion that at least half of the people i have talked to, both on and off the internet, can only validate their reasoning with the fact that Brotherhood follows the manga. either they forget that the first was made before the manga was even finished and allowed tot ake it in their own direction for that reason, so there was no POSSIBLE way for it to come out the same way, or they just don't care. i do think that both animes are good in their own rights and both storylines are also good, but i think the 2003 version of the anime is the better one for multiple reasons. i will not clame that Brotherhood or the manga are bad though, the first just has more things i like about it.

and i think you're the first person to bring the Oedipus complex into FMA and i don't know weather to be surprised or hug you.....even if i don't agree with Freud's theory with that whole thing

4,700 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Dressed Up 200
Masako Uchiha
Manlyskittles
Masako Uchiha
Manlyskittles
Masako Uchiha
Manlyskittles

I like all the Prides and Fuhrers, LOL!

Yeah, Ed and Al's character development was well done, you could actually see it. Hell, even the homnuculi, some of them really made you feel bad in the end. Lust comes into mind.

The OST is pretty cool too. Bratja is my himn.

Yeah, isn't it cool that Ed and Al are in this world,? LOL
Awwwh i hate when lust dies especially because wrath killed her and yeah its pretty cool except they're probly like 70 or 80 years old hahahha. hard to imagine that.
I like them both.
I watched FMA when I was a kid on Adult Swim and Saw a lot if not all the Episodes. Now I'm 17 and strictly a Shounen Anime Fan and Brotherhood appeals to me more. Life is depressing enough without the things I watch being depressing too. FMA 2003? talk2hand No thanks I prefer the more simplistic lighter-hearted story of Brotherhood. I understand where you are coming from though and if I wasn't a Shounen fan then yes the original would be better. But I'm a boy so brotherhood is my cup of tea.

4,700 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Dressed Up 200
StrayKit
i do find it rather depressing and annoying that tons of fans have suddenly either dumped the first anime for FMA all together or seem to have nothing but bad things to say about it ever since Brotherhood came out. even more sad in my opinion that at least half of the people i have talked to, both on and off the internet, can only validate their reasoning with the fact that Brotherhood follows the manga. either they forget that the first was made before the manga was even finished and allowed tot ake it in their own direction for that reason, so there was no POSSIBLE way for it to come out the same way, or they just don't care. i do think that both animes are good in their own rights and both storylines are also good, but i think the 2003 version of the anime is the better one for multiple reasons. i will not clame that Brotherhood or the manga are bad though, the first just has more things i like about it.

and i think you're the first person to bring the Oedipus complex into FMA and i don't know weather to be surprised or hug you.....even if i don't agree with Freud's theory with that whole thing
Oh my god i know, everyone's just like brotherhood's better because it follows the manga, and like you said the manga wasn't even out when they created the original anime. People also say there's a lot more action in brotherhood, but what good is a ton of action without a good plot. but i digress i like them both either way.
Manlyskittles
StrayKit

Oh my god i know, everyone's just like brotherhood's better because it follows the manga, and like you said the manga wasn't even out when they created the original anime. People also say there's a lot more action in brotherhood, but what good is a ton of action without a good plot. but i digress i like them both either way.

it's a really poor excuse, thankfully other people can at least give reasons as to why they like it better....though a friend and i still argue over the homunculi in both of them but still. i suppose there's a bit more action in Brotherhood, but i agree, without a storyline you really like there isn't much point to it. and yes, both are still very good animes
I enjoyed it, and still enjoy it.
Brotherhood, and the manga, were really.... weak in their endings by comparison.

Hype Spook

12,050 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Timid 100
Liked it?
I LOVED it.
surprised

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff