Welcome to Gaia! ::

Aged Gaian

I'm currently (finally) watching the anime (the first one) and I love the living hell out of it.
Honestly...I wish I'd gotten into the show sooner because it's the perfect blend of science v religion and tragedy :3
It's probably the best series I've watched so far...well actually Blood+ was just as good :3

But yeah, my questions:
It has a manga, right? If so has it ended, and is it still on regular manga sites?
Is there anything different in the anime that isn't the same in the manga?
Is FMA or FMAB more closely done to the manga, if there is a deviation???

Sparkly Star

The manga has ended its run, with twenty-seven volumes spanning one hundred and eight chapters. Viz Media has the license, so you can get it from any good book shop/online retailer.
The 2003 anime deviated greatly from the manga, while Brotherhood followed it more closely. There are one or two minor deviations in Brotherhood (such as a character appearing in the first episode who wasn't in the manga), but they tie into the overall plot. Both are worth watching or re-watching.

Aged Gaian

iSuomi
The manga has ended its run, with twenty-seven volumes spanning one hundred and eight chapters. Viz Media has the license, so you can get it from any good book shop/online retailer.
The 2003 anime deviated greatly from the manga, while Brotherhood followed it more closely. There are one or two minor deviations in Brotherhood (such as a character appearing in the first episode who wasn't in the manga), but they tie into the overall plot. Both are worth watching or re-watching.

Right now I'm liking the 2003 anime muuuuch more than Brotherhood.
Brotherhood is just a rushed version of the entire 2003 anime. It could be better so far

Sparkly Star

TheDrunkenApothecary
iSuomi

Brotherhood is just a rushed version of the entire 2003 anime. It could be better so far

Yes, they did rush through what the 2003 anime covered already, but after roughly episode fifteen of Brotherhood, new characters come in from the manga and things follow the manga more from there on out. The pace does even out when these new characters come in, but it's up to you at the end of the day if you want to watch Brotherhood too.

Aged Gaian

iSuomi
TheDrunkenApothecary
iSuomi

Yes, they did rush through what the 2003 anime covered already, but after roughly episode fifteen of Brotherhood, new characters come in from the manga and things follow the manga more from there on out. The pace does even out when these new characters come in, but it's up to you at the end of the day if you want to watch Brotherhood too.
Hmm, alright. I'll still give the show a go, mainly for the new characters and plot.
When I found out the 2003 anime didn't follow the manga I was like "whaaaaaaaaat? It was so good though @_@"

Sparkly Star

TheDrunkenApothecary
iSuomi
TheDrunkenApothecary
iSuomi

Hmm, alright. I'll still give the show a go, mainly for the new characters and plot.
When I found out the 2003 anime didn't follow the manga I was like "whaaaaaaaaat? It was so good though @_@"

The 2003 anime still has its own merits, and once you finish it, you should watch the follow-up film, Conqueror of Shamballa, which gives that series a decent ending. There's also The Sacred Star of Milos, a side-story film that takes place during Brothehood's timeline.

Aged Gaian

iSuomi
TheDrunkenApothecary
iSuomi
TheDrunkenApothecary
iSuomi

The 2003 anime still has its own merits, and once you finish it, you should watch the follow-up film, Conqueror of Shamballa, which gives that series a decent ending. There's also The Sacred Star of Milos, a side-story film that takes place during Brothehood's timeline.

Okay, will do smile

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces