Happy Gaiaversary sweetheart. <3

Flavien Z's Girlfriend

Obsessive Chomper

19,100 Points
  • Punk Patrol 250
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Team Moira 200
Thanks, Mama.
Grants on the gaiaversery! That reminds me to change my bday date on Gaia again..

Kyonko Sakura's Husbando

Amorous Ladykiller

37,150 Points
  • Champion 300
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Battle Hardened 150
Happy Gaiaversary, Avril!

Monstrous Merman

Enjoy your Gaiaversary~

I'm off to bed. emotion_drool

Elrom's Waifu

Beloved Wife

14,250 Points
  • Married 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Tycoon 200
I hope you like what I got you Avril! Happy Gaiaversay! /pulls in for a massive chesty huggle/

Learned Protagonist

31,525 Points
  • Spirit of the Smackdown! 100
  • Redecorator 50
  • Deal Me In 50
Happy gaiaversary Avril.

Flavien Z's Girlfriend

Obsessive Chomper

19,100 Points
  • Punk Patrol 250
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Team Moira 200
Thanks, everybody.

@Maze: Why is that?

Heroic Seeker

4,150 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Happy G-Day to you, happy G-day to you,

We spend too much time here,

Happy G-Day to you!

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Shy Sweetheart

Happy G-day n n~
*she doesn't know any of you* T-there's a surprising number of you all online right now o o C-can I play too?

Flavien Z's Girlfriend

Obsessive Chomper

19,100 Points
  • Punk Patrol 250
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Team Moira 200
Thanks again!

And sure! *throws a pillow at the newcomer*

Shy Sweetheart

Nyuuu I've been hit ;///; *Falls over dramatically clutching her chest*

Kyonko Sakura's Husbando

Amorous Ladykiller

37,150 Points
  • Champion 300
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Battle Hardened 150
Gather 'round, folks, it's story time. The following overly-long account involves Microsoft technology, a Japanese game localized to the US, petty complaints, and Sovereign Hercules.

For as long as I've played any sort of game on a computer, the keyboard and mouse have always been perfectly sufficient for my activities. In the past, I never felt that there was any need to go out and buy a controller for it- why spend money on what you don't want or need? Recently, that sufficiency hit a snag, a snag known as Dragon Ball Xenoverse. I enjoy the game a lot, but one of my gripes about it is that there is no way to map the controls to keys so that I can comfortably do what I need to do.

There's really no place to get gaming electronics in my township, so I had to make a trip to the next town over. It wasn't a long drive by any means, but it was inconveniently placed from my perspective, plus getting there involved going 99% of the way I travel when going to work, and doing that on my day off is never enjoyable. Once there, I examined my options, and bought a controller that not only was on sale, but it would have been less expensive than the $50 or $60 ones even if it wasn't. It has both of its control sticks near the side facing the player and the D-pad/cross pad over to the left, but it has XBox programming and whatnot so that it'll work with PCs, so it's essentially a Microsoft controller shaped like a Sony one. Having used both without any problems in the past, I felt no need to be concerned at the time.

I plugged it in, let it install what it needed to, then opened the game to re-learn how to control my character. It seemed simple enough, until I learned that it thought the left control stick was where the D-pad is and vice-versa. This meant that the D-pad was doing the control sticks job- controlling the direction I'm moving in- and the control stick was in charge of stuff like looking through the first-person scouter or opening the items menu. But being a Dragon Ball game, there of course will be times when I'm in the air and need to descend. The only way to do that is to press the control stick down. So not only would I have to take my thumb off the D-pad, and therefore stop moving, but I'd also have to hope I didn't flip the control stick in any direction, which would bring up some feature that I would not want or need in a situation when all I need and want is to go down. Even worse, after looking at the game's control options, I have no way of actually customizing what a controller does. I have three presets to choose from, all of which involve an important function requiring me to press the stick down. The worst part of it all is that there's nothing wrong at all with the controller itself- it's just the game trolling me for no good reason (is that a redundant statement?)- so I don't even know if I can get a refund.

Then I spotted a glimmer of hope- an old XBox 360 wired controller that I had stopped using for quite some time, and I remembered those could be used on a PC. Sure, the D-pad's nothing to write home about and the rubber on the left control stick was worn out, but I felt that it would suffice for the moment even in this condition. Plugged that in, reopened the game... and the reason I stopped using it in the first place quickly dawned on me. The left control stick itself is out of shape, causing the game to rapidly scroll through the title screen's menu, and I can only imagine what it would have been like trying to play the game with that problem. So, to play the game comfortably, I had to make another trip to the store and buy another controller. This time, it worked out perfectly fine, but the journey from "start" to "******** yes it's over" took far too long and too much money for my taste.

Now for funsies, guess how I felt about the whole ordeal, then click to see if you're right.

Kyonko Sakura's Husbando

Amorous Ladykiller

37,150 Points
  • Champion 300
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Battle Hardened 150
Also, hello to the new lady! =D
The adorable, enchanting new lady. ;D

Heroic Seeker

4,150 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100