Welcome to Gaia! ::

So Nate's parents wanted to give us their margarita machine for the apartment.
He told him no.

I was like WHAT.
That's the best gift ever! Almost as awesome as a water bed and a shag carpet rug!

He was like wtf who's getting us those?!

rofl
No one. But it would be a sweet giftt. Just because that's totally a 70's bedroom.
WTF NATE?!
Who the hell says no to a margarita machine?!

Made my first friend here in Calgary!
A girl named Mariah came into my store, I asked where she gets pierced, and when she left she gave me her number.
Texted her this evening and she's going to come by the store and give me a list of things to do in Calgary haha.

The younger brother of my childhood friend in BC told me that Apple is hiring starting at $15/hour and to send him my resume since he works there.
******** yeah!

I found out I'm making $10.56/hour at Fruits & Passion.
Suspicious that it's EXACTLY what I made at the daycare.
And another sales associate hired the day before me is making something like $10.90/hour.
And the fact that I have managerial experience should bump me up higher...

I locked myself into the store tonight and had to have the manager come let me out because I don't have a key.
She also told me today that she wanted to make me a key holder.
I left a note for her since she opens tomorrow, and at the end I told her that I appreciate the opportunity to be key holder but don't want the added responsibility at this point.
That way she doesn't waste time training me, since I plan on leaving ASAP.
Thank god I don't work tomorrow, I don't want to be there when she gets the note. rofl

Sparkly Wench

rofl
Why would he say no!? XD

Yay!~

Gogo apple store! n_n

That's weird when they match your wage exactly. =/
Makes you want to just say more. lol

It's not your fault though.. they shouldn't be hiring someone.. then a week later pushing a bunch of other stuff on them! Unless you were HIRED for that position.. you shouldn't feel bad for not taking it!
Today I started to train my replacement!
So tedious since there is a lot of s**t. I mean, it's easy. But there's a lot of stuff.
So tomorrow I'm making her bring a note pad and write this s**t down.

I think today I'm going to go to JoAnns and get some foam for the fish tank.
I'm going to tape foam around the outside so that the glass wont get chipped if something bumps into it.

I'm going to line 3 boxes with foam too so that the algae eater can have his own box, the shark and the danios can have their own box, and the gold fish their own.

Thankfully at Michaels we've got some nice huge heavy duty can liners that will work perfectly for them to go into.
They should be okay with me taking 3 of them.

TWOOO ******** WEEKS.
KSDJHSJKDFHSJKDF
sdkfhsdf

I'M GETTING A IPHONE.
Nate and I are getting a cell phone plan together.
He was like 'iPhone or Android?'. So I asked which is cheaper. They're the same freaking price.
(Which is like 1$ since we're opening a new line for 2 years.)

YAAAAY.
4laugh

I couldn't help myself.
I started to pack.
Books & cos supplies are packed!
Going to pack some clothes too since it's now cold and most of my s**t is summery.
So sandals/dresses/skirts - goin in a box!

HOLY ******** I'M EXCITED.
3rd post. lolololol.
Stfu.

Nate got me the iPhone 4S.
That one was 100$. The 4 was .99cents.
Jackass. Told him to get the cheaper one!
MEN. FF.
The iPhone4S rocks!
I love mine so much haha.

Went and applied at a few more stores today.
I got a call from Starbucks this morning and I have an interview tomorrow at 8AM.
And then when I put in my resume at La Senza I got an interview for 530 tomorrow right after I get off work. rofl
La Senza is only part time, so I don't really want to do the interview, but oh well.
Fingers crossed I get a job at Starbucks tomorrow.

Sparkly Wench

Moving is always super fun!~ ;D
And having a new phone is also super fun!~
iPhones are neat! and there are soooo many cases you can order online for them too. >_<

Good luck! Hopefully you can get the Starbucks job so you don't have to take something else that is only part time!~
That's mainly why I wanted the iPhone.
SUPER AWESOME CASES~

Girl-Crazy Ladykiller

LUX AURUMQU3

Gogo looking into careers!
I've noticed a pattern that NONE of us are ever 100% set on what we want to do.
Not surprised, though, considering our ages haha.

That's why I love talking to you ladies about always changing careers. I know you will get it! My other group of ladies I talk to regularly are all either set on a career path because they're older, or are SAHMs so I always feel like I'm "that girl" every time I mention something new lol.

Cause yeah I'm looking into history but I've been really getting into cooking and baking lately. But not sure if I want to turn a really fun hobby of mine into a job that might end up ruining it for me.

ANYWAYS. I've been vegan for 4 days now and it's going great. I feel great. I can feel my energy coming back. I haven't had any junk food cravings at all. I did get coconut ice cream on Tuesday, which normally it would be gone by now, but there is hardly a dent in it! I have fallen in love with roasted edemame though. And I have a craving for a smoothie...which I will be making tomorrow (banana, mango, kale, and flax seed). Normally I wouldn't go 4 days without craving some kind of crap but that has NOT been the case at all. And I noticed I'm getting fuller faster since the meals I'm eating have more protein in them for a smaller serving than what I would normally have.

I can't believe I didn't become vegan sooner. Seriously. It's already changed my life 4 days in and I can feel it staying that way for a long time..if I ever change.

Oh another thing that I haven't craved that I normally have on an almost daily? Pasta. I have had zero pasta in 4 days. That's like a record for me.
Was offered the Starbucks job.
I'm turning it down, though.
Less pay than I'm making now (only 25c but still), super strict image policy (not even retainers for piercings), hours are 615AM-10PM (WTF IT'S A MALL!), and I just didn't feel good about the idea of taking it.
As much as I dislike this job, I probably would have resented the Starbucks job.
If the job market was horrible, I'd take it, but there are tons of jobs out here.
I've got a resume put into Apple that I sent to a friend's brother who works with them, and I guess employee references are more likely to be hired since he'd get a bonus if I'm hired.
He said it could take up to a month, but I think I can last that long at Fruits & Passion.
Plus I'm waiting for my payment to ProServe to clear so I can get the certificate and get a job in a bar/restaurant at some point.
In the end, I have a job and that's all that matters.
I can always get a better job later.
Salmenella
LUX AURUMQU3

Gogo looking into careers!
I've noticed a pattern that NONE of us are ever 100% set on what we want to do.
Not surprised, though, considering our ages haha.

That's why I love talking to you ladies about always changing careers. I know you will get it! My other group of ladies I talk to regularly are all either set on a career path because they're older, or are SAHMs so I always feel like I'm "that girl" every time I mention something new lol.

Cause yeah I'm looking into history but I've been really getting into cooking and baking lately. But not sure if I want to turn a really fun hobby of mine into a job that might end up ruining it for me.

ANYWAYS. I've been vegan for 4 days now and it's going great. I feel great. I can feel my energy coming back. I haven't had any junk food cravings at all. I did get coconut ice cream on Tuesday, which normally it would be gone by now, but there is hardly a dent in it! I have fallen in love with roasted edemame though. And I have a craving for a smoothie...which I will be making tomorrow (banana, mango, kale, and flax seed). Normally I wouldn't go 4 days without craving some kind of crap but that has NOT been the case at all. And I noticed I'm getting fuller faster since the meals I'm eating have more protein in them for a smaller serving than what I would normally have.

I can't believe I didn't become vegan sooner. Seriously. It's already changed my life 4 days in and I can feel it staying that way for a long time..if I ever change.

Oh another thing that I haven't craved that I normally have on an almost daily? Pasta. I have had zero pasta in 4 days. That's like a record for me.

Awesome!
I need to get back into a healthy eating pattern.
I kind of blew it with the whole move.
I really need to get back into it.
The month before the move, I was exercising daily and eating well.
I had no pasta cravings, like at all.
It was amazing.
I haven't had a ton of pasta here, it's more been the perogies that I've been inhaling now that they're readily available to me. rofl

Girl-Crazy Ladykiller

I love pasta but not having the cravings for it..I love that even more lol.
Patrick got me fudge crackers on Sunday because I was craving chocolate. I ate some that night, haven't touched them since. They're out in the open and I see them whenever I go into the kitchen..but I still don't even care about them! blaugh

Sparkly Wench

I rarely eat pasta.. once in a while we'd make spaghetti because it's cheap and easy. XD
Ended up caving and bought rice pasta.. just because it's like "YOU MADE MEAT SAUCE, I WANT MEAT SAUCE ON SOMETHING!!!!~"
I'll never go back to eating wheat though, haven't had bread in a good.. 2 months now? Don't even miss it anymore. n_n
Never giving up my meat! lol We are going to start buying locally raised beef, chicken, and pork once we have enough money coming in!~ There's a farm 30 minutes away that raises the animals and grows veggies! ;D That meat is $6.50 a pound though.. we generally buy when it's $1.99 per pound. So that's not happening until Shawn is working again. XD

Good luck with the continued job hunt! XD
You'll find something though, there are enough jobs out there that you will get something you like!
Anddd like you said, you have a job right now! At least it is something for a time being!~

OMG, HAVE YOU TRIED THE FRUIT PEROGIES!? XD
They're soooo weird. Tried the blueberry ones.. I had no idea what to think about them.
omg, co-op country morning brand perogies are delicious! The bags of them go on sale for $1 sometimes.. holy crap.
..I need to make gluten free perogies. XD
Woooo!
Gogo no cravings!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out