Welcome to Gaia! ::

Girl-Crazy Ladykiller

Went to the Unite Women rally today in Salem. Loved it. It was so empowering and moving seeing all those women AND men fighting for equality. Ended up getting emotional during some of the speeches. Saw Margaret Carter speak, it was amazing. She's the first black woman to be elected into the Oregon Legislative Assembly. She was there with MLK and Malcom X and STILL has some fight left in her. The 77 year old was the one to get the crowd to be our loudest rofl

Buttt...now I'm totally burnt. At least it was a beautiful day! lol
So yesterday Nate took a Ranger test.
It's basically a very small team of people that go in and attack.

He was selected.

There's more selection though and he has to finish school first.
So in about 3 months we'll know if he makes the final cut.

If he does... the training is 1 year with limited contact.
Just worked out in the upstairs gym at the place I'm house sitting.
I kind of winged it, but afterward I wrote down a specific workout into my iPod to use next time.
I did 35 minutes on the elliptical, then a bunch of ab exercises and arm exercises with dumbbells.
I feel good now.
Gonna do this every night except Saturdays. that'll be my free day to not exercise and eat super carefully (which I need to start doing again).

I've started really looking at apartments and stuff for Calgary now, especially since my cousin is going to be living with us.
Yayyy for another person to split the bills!
She's even down for getting a housekeeper once a month to do an overall good clean, and then we try to maintain it until the next cleaning.
The two things we absolutely need are laundry hook-ups (not even necessarily the machines) and for it to be pet friendly.
Apparently not many apartments/condos/townhouses have both, so we'll be considering renting main suites in a house as well.
Oddly enough, a lot of main suites are cheaper rent than apartments, too.
Most pet friendly apartments for 2 bedrooms with the hookups are about $1100-1400 a month, whereas 3-4 bedroom houses are anywhere from $800-1300 a month.
We won't really know more until July in terms of availability, either.
But I've gotten some good information from a few apartment property managers so far.

Eloquent Vampire

Hey guys. Can I get some insight?

Story is, Tony (boyfriend) and a bunch of his work friends are going to lunch on Saturday. He wants me to go, too, of course. It's at this great Chinese food place in town, so I'm all excited.

However, apparently his friend Sam will be there. Sam is very... hit or miss to me. He's a nice guy, but he goes out of his way to insult cats, knowing I'm a cat person and knowing my love for them. My desire for a cat has only grown in the time I've been here in Utah because my apartment complex doesn't allow pets at all, so I'm DYING for a cat. He'll go off calling them "spawn of satan" and other horrible things, if I even MENTION them, and he'll repeat it every time I try to talk about them, interrupting me.

He's done this to another friend of mine who actually has a cat. According to her, he'll go over there to play games with her husband, and he'll yell horrible things at their cat, and insult her for even keeping one. It's her service animal for anxiety, that she rescued off the street and nursed back to health. How he could go to someone else's house and insult a beloved pet I'll never understand.

Now I know exactly how to get back at him. If I insult Jesus in front of him, it will REALLY bother him. So if he insults cats in front of me, I'm going to say "Yeah, well Jesus is a zombie and all his followers are cannibalistic vampires worshiping a figment of their imagination. Oh, I'm sorry, did I just insult something YOU love?"

I know that's not the right thing to do, but I'm just at the end of my rope. It's fine if he doesn't like cats, that's not the issue, the issue is that he's so willing to insult them and me for liking them every chance he gets.

I guess what I'm asking for is a better way to handle this situation. I want to go to lunch, of course, but I don't want to if Sam will be there. Any thoughts?
I really ******** hate when someone tells you they're going to do something - and then they don't do it.

I ask my mother to call the bank about my car for a follow up as I CANNOT.
SHe says yeah, I'll call when we leave the store.
Doesn't happen.

So I get home, will you call?
Yeah.

730 at night.. she never ******** called. Well they're closed now.
My appraisal is void TOMORROW NIGHT.
Wells Fargo was SUPPOSE to call Monday. They did not.
I still CANNOT call. She won't call until late. I need to know NOW if they accepted the offer but she won't ******** call them.

I'm getting really irritated.
She doesn't understand that YES my appraisal offer CAN change. It can go lower just from me putting more miles on it. Or someone could come along and put a huge ******** dent/scratch on it.

I need to know if it got accepted because if it did - I'm going to quit Michaels and get an apartment close to work. I'll have no car but my work and school are within walking distance of each other.
I cannot stand living here anymore. She pisses me off with her lying, I can never get any sleep here, her kids are ******** annoying, I hate it here and I feel like I'm being suffocated.
YAY I didn't know this existed im so happy to of found this thread (─‿‿─)
Jagger-Wolf

Story is, Tony (boyfriend) and a bunch of his work friends are going to lunch on Saturday. He wants me to go, too, of course. It's at this great Chinese food place in town, so I'm all excited.

However, apparently his friend Sam will be there. Sam is very... hit or miss to me. He's a nice guy, but he goes out of his way to insult cats, knowing I'm a cat person and knowing my love for them. My desire for a cat has only grown in the time I've been here in Utah because my apartment complex doesn't allow pets at all, so I'm DYING for a cat. He'll go off calling them "spawn of satan" and other horrible things, if I even MENTION them, and he'll repeat it every time I try to talk about them, interrupting me.

He's done this to another friend of mine who actually has a cat. According to her, he'll go over there to play games with her husband, and he'll yell horrible things at their cat, and insult her for even keeping one. It's her service animal for anxiety, that she rescued off the street and nursed back to health. How he could go to someone else's house and insult a beloved pet I'll never understand.

Now I know exactly how to get back at him. If I insult Jesus in front of him, it will REALLY bother him. So if he insults cats in front of me, I'm going to say "Yeah, well Jesus is a zombie and all his followers are cannibalistic vampires worshiping a figment of their imagination. Oh, I'm sorry, did I just insult something YOU love?"

I know that's not the right thing to do, but I'm just at the end of my rope. It's fine if he doesn't like cats, that's not the issue, the issue is that he's so willing to insult them and me for liking them every chance he gets.

I guess what I'm asking for is a better way to handle this situation. I want to go to lunch, of course, but I don't want to if Sam will be there. Any thoughts?

Here's my take on it.
He's not a nice guy because nice guys don't pull that kind of rude behaviour; if he does something offensive and someone says something about it, a nice guy will stop immediately.
This guy Sam sounds like the kind of person who acts charming and such to make you think he's nice, but then intentionally says stuff to get a rise out of people.
Have you talked to Tony about how uncomfortable Sam makes you feel yet?
I would do so before the lunch so that he can watch it, and I'd hope that Tony would defend you when Sam starts in on you.
I would suggest going to the lunch on Saturday, no matter what, and kill Sam with kindness.
If he acts this way again at the lunch, that's his choice to make himself look like an ignoramus.
I'd personally try to subtly get him to make a scene and look like an idiot, but that's my immature side coming out haha.
But after the lunch, I'd talk to Tony and tell him that you don't feel comfortable being around Sam for anymore because -insert reasons-.

Eloquent Vampire

LUX AURUMQU3
Jagger-Wolf

Here's my take on it.
He's not a nice guy because nice guys don't pull that kind of rude behaviour; if he does something offensive and someone says something about it, a nice guy will stop immediately.
This guy Sam sounds like the kind of person who acts charming and such to make you think he's nice, but then intentionally says stuff to get a rise out of people.
I would do so before the lunch so that he can watch it, and I'd hope that Tony would defend you when Sam starts in on you.
I would suggest going to the lunch on Saturday, no matter what, and kill Sam with kindness.
If he acts this way again at the lunch, that's his choice to make himself look like an ignoramus.
I'd personally try to subtly get him to make a scene and look like an idiot, but that's my immature side coming out haha.
But after the lunch, I'd talk to Tony and tell him that you don't feel comfortable being around Sam for anymore because -insert reasons-.
I talked to him a bit about to tonight, through my anger over other things.

I like Sam, I really do. But this is the only thing he does that I don't like.

If he makes a comment, I'm going to look him in the eye and very sternly say "I don't appreciate comments like that, you know how I feel. Please stop it." If he does it again, all bets are off. That's fair. I gave him a warning, he ignored it, so I don't have to respect his feelings if he's not going to respect mine.

Tony is pretty understanding about things like this, but he doesn't defend me sometimes when he should. I was humiliated at a table top RP game we went to once. I didn't know ANY of these people, and he did. I was attacked and humiliated while we were gaming, I was OBVIOUSLY upset, and he didn't do or say anything. I sat there silently, bit a hole in my lip (literally), for 6 hours while they finished gaming. Only on the hour drive home did he ask me why I didn't contribute to the game and what was wrong. stare

When he's in a game, any game, nothing else matters. Not even me.
Jagger-Wolf
LUX AURUMQU3
Jagger-Wolf

Here's my take on it.
I talked to him a bit about to tonight, through my anger over other things.

I like Sam, I really do. But this is the only thing he does that I don't like.

If he makes a comment, I'm going to look him in the eye and very sternly say "I don't appreciate comments like that, you know how I feel. Please stop it." If he does it again, all bets are off. That's fair. I gave him a warning, he ignored it, so I don't have to respect his feelings if he's not going to respect mine.

Tony is pretty understanding about things like this, but he doesn't defend me sometimes when he should. I was humiliated at a table top RP game we went to once. I didn't know ANY of these people, and he did. I was attacked and humiliated while we were gaming, I was OBVIOUSLY upset, and he didn't do or say anything. I sat there silently, bit a hole in my lip (literally), for 6 hours while they finished gaming. Only on the hour drive home did he ask me why I didn't contribute to the game and what was wrong. stare

When he's in a game, any game, nothing else matters. Not even me.

I still stand by what I say.
Nice guys don't do that sort of thing, ESPECIALLY not to someone like your friend who has a rescue cat to help her anxiety.
He'd have to be REALLY stupid to not know that insulting a person over something like an animal is not okay.

Eloquent Vampire

LUX AURUMQU3

I still stand by what I say.
Nice guys don't do that sort of thing, ESPECIALLY not to someone like your friend who has a rescue cat to help her anxiety.
He'd have to be REALLY stupid to not know that insulting a person over something like an animal is not okay.
You would think.

He thinks he's funny, I guess. I don't really know why he does it. He doesn't do it to me often because I don't actually own a cat, and we don't hang out often, but if I mention one he'll interrupt me with "spawn of satan" or "they're evil", and will keep interrupting me and repeating that if I continue.

My friend, Jessie, is actually worried that he'll harm her cat if she's around when he is, like kick her or throw something at her or actually try to do her physical harm. So Jessie will lock her cat, Kaname, in the other room or bathroom while he's there. He won't even use the bathroom in their place if the cat is locked in there, says it's "tainted". I haven't seen or heard him do this because I'm only rarely over there, and have never been there when Sam has.

But he'll get ONE stern warning from me if he does it while at lunch on Saturday. If he continues, or does it ever again, I'll insult Jesus and the LDS church in the most horrible, offensive way possible. Then he'll know how it feels.
I dunno, fighting fire with fire never really works, not with those kind of people.
That just pisses them off and makes them irate and potentially violent.
I cut those kind of people out of my life.

Eloquent Vampire

LUX AURUMQU3
I dunno, fighting fire with fire never really works, not with those kind of people.
That just pisses them off and makes them irate and potentially violent.
I cut those kind of people out of my life.
It may not work, but it makes the angry 12 year old in me happy to see him hurt the way I hurt.

I'll do it once, just so he knows the feeling. If he continues to do it, so will I. It's a bit of a tit-for-tat thing. I do believe in a warning first, though. How are you to know something hurts someone if they don't tell you, you know? So he'll get one stern warning, if he continues, I'll unleash. If he continues further, all hell will break loose.

I'm sure there's better ways to handle this, but I don't know if anything else will work. I'm afraid he'll make some crack about me being stupid or dumb or evil and satanic myself because I like cats, you know? I feel that it will only get worse if I go the nice route on this, so he'll get a warning. If that doesn't work, then I'll fight the fire with fire of my own.

Then again, this is the kind of mood I've been in for almost a week, so I may feel better by the time Saturday rolls around and I'll be able to think better.

Sparkly Wench

As long as you can afford everything that comes with living on your own.. do it? XD
Not having a car to pay for/fill up the tank will help a ton though.. especially with how much crap has come up with your car. D: It's just that not having a car does have it's downsides.
If you can walk to school/work/grocery stores that's awesome! But if the weather sucks and you don't know people you can catch a ride with or can't afford a cab.. it can suck! D:
Honestly though.. I'd pick living away from parents without a car over living with parents and having a car. lol

Just go, keep quiet, and eat your food? Or if he starts saying s**t just be quiet and don't say anything?
Generally with people like that if you try to fight back or tell them that it bothers you they just keep going with it.

A kid I work with is like that.. pretty much everyone knows that I love cats.. it's just a known fact about me. So at work one night I'm talking to this one guy who is friends with the kid.. and we're talking about cats. The kid buts into the conversation and says "I hit a cat today with my car, ******** horrible animals, if you go outside you can probably smell it's guts" all I said was "ew gross" then kept talking to the other guy. He seemed pretty upset when he didn't get a reaction out of me.. but seriously? You sound like a ******** idiot. XD I know what you are trying to do, and I'm not playing.

Hahahaha, whenever people come over and b***h about the cats I tell them that they can leave if the cats are bothering them that much.
My cats are pretty aggressive when it comes to food. If you are eating something they are going to come right up to you and try to claw it out of your hand. Leave food on a plate they will grab it and run off with it.. at least Tibbers will since he's super ******** feral. burning_eyes
Someone actually bitched about it once.. and asked if I could lock them up. =/ Yeah seriously.. my cats live here.. you don't, I'm not going to ******** lock them up! If they are bothering you so much then you can ******** eat outside.

Bleh.. the store we were going to go to in Saskatoon is closed on Saturday.. they are only open monday to friday 8-4. D: Winnipeg is an option since they have a store open on Saturday 10-4.. but Winnipeg is 7 hours away.. 14 hours of driving just to get some paramedic gear? x_x
Shawn has a dentist appointment at 8am on Thursday so he's going to be missing about an hour and a half of work already.. they only learn new things until noon so he wouldn't be missing out a ton of stuff if we just went on Thursday after his appointment. He really doesn't want to miss work.. but Regina doesn't have the gear that's needed, and when it comes to $200 boots that he's going to be wearing for 12-14 hour shifts he NEEDS to make sure that they fit properly. He can order them online, but he has no idea what size his feet are.. all his shoes are different sizes. x_x

Aged Bloodsucker

Just do whatever I do when people are being assholes to me :3
Look them in the eye with the most leveled serial-killer stare you have and very calmly in a deadpan tone tell them to shut the ******** up. Works like a charm every time, but then again I have a glare that can make people cry soooo... ;D

oh and locking up my cat when someone came over? Not a chance in hell. I had one of my sister's friends ask once, I told her I wasn't going to but if she wanted to try she could go for it (this was with my small-dog sized mainecoon lol)

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff