Welcome to Gaia! ::

Time-traveling Marshmallow

32,700 Points
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • NPCon Attendee 100
  • Beta Gaian 0
Mavdoc
ashleywa
subscribed 3nodding hello everyone ^ ^ I hope to be at more dev meats this semester cause I don't have any classes on Friday ! biggrin

Great, hope to see you there ashley! biggrin

I really liked Fridays while I was going to college, it was always light or altogether devoid of classes that day. blaugh

i have classes fridays. crying i hate you both.

jking i love you. emotion_awesome

Lucky Informer

12,100 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Wall Street 200
  • Forum Junior 100
Platonic Purple Panda
cnoisy
Platonic Purple Panda
I swear someone needs a giant plushie hammer of whacking to.

Fixed.

HAHA trust me, every time I use that hammer phrase I want to leave plushie out of it but I don't want to make it look like I really want to hurt someone. biggrin lol I guess now I do...but no seriously I don't. XD

You know, guys hate girls who lie to themselves wink lol

HibiChika's Waifu

Lazy Marshmallow

47,000 Points
  • Lavishing Romantic 250
  • Egg Hunt Master 250
  • Sweetest Romantic 250
cnoisy
Platonic Purple Panda
cnoisy
Platonic Purple Panda
I swear someone needs a giant plushie hammer of whacking to.

Fixed.

HAHA trust me, every time I use that hammer phrase I want to leave plushie out of it but I don't want to make it look like I really want to hurt someone. biggrin lol I guess now I do...but no seriously I don't. XD

You know, guys hate girls who lie to themselves wink lol

Oh you hate me now? crying emotion_awesome
I can't wait for this meat this friday!

Durem Pirate

i miss going to these sad
its been 270 days since i got on zOMG! with this account cry
why did i have to lose my computer, library computers suck crying
One good thing about this is that now Mav is in control and he can update the thread title and op with the Dev meat locations instead of messaging JK every time. Still. I'm hoping this entire mess can be resolved and this thread have its rightful place back in the z!f. 3nodding

Prismatic Unicorn

76,950 Points
  • Fairy bread fancier 500
  • Just A Regular User 500
  • Wing Mastery 100
User Image

We're certainly not ones to be beaten back. Thanks for making this new home for us Mav, though I do hope we get to move back to our old one.

I always enjoy going to meats when I can make it. Time-zones make it tricky, but the community definitely makes it worth it.

User Image

Obsessed Marshall

71,375 Points
  • The Ring: Vol2 Master Collector 250
  • Marshall's Love 500
  • Conventioneer 300
I think I can come to the meat tomorrow biggrin

It's looking more like him now o3o

I am running out of parts to assemble him D:
Not sure how to do his hands if I have 8 Shapes left ;o;

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Space Genius

Ah, so the thread has been moved. emotion_8c
I'd probably turn up near the end of the meat.

Aged Nerd

User Image

I was very surprised to find the original thread locked. Quite honestly, I think it's a little disrespectful to both the community and the original developers/artists involved with the game and still participating in the thread.

According to the forum rules, this type of thread is allowed:
Quote:
zOMG! Community Threads
Have a fun competition, event, or other community building idea pertaining to the zOMG! community at large? Events pertaining to the zOMG! community are acceptable in this forum. This includes, but is not limited to, in game zOMG! competitions, events, artwork and user imagined content. Keep in mind the community is large and diverse, try to appeal and get as many others involved as you can!

None of the reasons in Gaidan's post are logical when taking the above quote from the forum rules into consideration. For instance "...these meetings no longer being held or attended by anyone officially on staff, this thread is not really forum material," doesn't make any sense. Just because Gaia laid off all of the zOMG staff doesn't make the thread a non-community thread!

It also isn't clear to me how anyone could consider weekly meetups as only "occasionally". Again, quoting Gaidan, "...occasionally plan meet-ups in the game."

According to the dictionary:
Quote:
oc·ca·sion·al·ly
əˈkāZHənl-ē/Submit
adverb
at infrequent or irregular intervals; now and then.
"he met her occasionally for coffee"
synonyms: sometimes, from time to time, (every) now and then, (every) now and again, at times, every so often, (every) once in a while, on occasion;

Weekly =/= occasionally.

I might not get to attend a whole lot of dev meats these days, but I always check the thread to see the location and theme. Moving this out of the zOMG forum seems very uncommunity-like. If we can't have the old thread back, can we at least get this thread moved over to its proper home? It belongs in the zIF!

emotion_facepalm

HibiChika's Waifu

Lazy Marshmallow

47,000 Points
  • Lavishing Romantic 250
  • Egg Hunt Master 250
  • Sweetest Romantic 250
The locking of the original thread just shows that Gaia as a whole is longer deemed "a community" as it was originally created for. >_<! If a thread like this is locked just because one person probably has a vendatta against us (i'm assuming that's the case) Then we fail as a "community" to come together to enjoy a wonderful MMO game or Gaia Online as a whole. I highly doubt the thread was locked because just becuase it went against the rules. If it was they would of had done it months ago, or else someone is just beyond lazy or has no time for Gaia. Locking the thread is just a slap to the face for [JK] and Mavdoc in my opinion. No respect for all these wonderful past developers of Gaia who were and still are well respected to a lot of Gaians!!!

I don't care what happens to Gaia in the future, I'll still be playing zOMG! until I rot and die. xD I'll still try and stay friends with everyone here no matter what, and even if Gaia tries to keep us quiet will shout until our voices are heard. Besides, if you truly love playing Gaia you wouldn't just sit idly by when things are not right.

I want the old gaia back, when it was about having fun and bringing a community together. Not create different sides with tons of arguments and no solutions and if solutions more arguments/disagreements. Gaia has become nothing but a high school cafeteria now. All the complainers in the SF in their own section, the 'I am always high with sexual tensions CB kids in one corner, the emotional LI kids in their own little corner, and the 'we are the number one GCD kids' in the center of the cafeteria. Oh lets not forget the GD kids who want nothing to do with everyone else. (i'm just mostly joking here xD but you get the analogy)

Gaia 2010/before was awesome, Gaia now has just been a roller-coaster of emotion_donotwant

My small rant/blurb

Moonlight Hunter

17,100 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Battle: Level 10 250
  • Nudist Colony 200
Wait, What happened to the old thread? I didn't read much of this one, But I gathered it was locked? Why? It was a zOMG related thread, in the zOMG forum. And even if the mod considered it in the wrong forum, they should of moved it to the "right" forum, or the chatterbox. D; This is certainly not right.

Fluffy Hunter

ryry Kenny_McCormick ryry
Akuyi
ryry Kenny_McCormick ryry
R.I.P Common Sense emo What a fitting metaphor for Gaia

Pretty much this.

Actually, can I quote you on this? xD

of course. so long as you don't claim it as your own- I had it copyrighted already. (~ ._.) ~

Mwahaha. Don't go back on your word now. emotion_awesome

Newbie Noob

late to the "moving thread" party... xP .. omgawd, wtheck is up with that.

HibiChika's Waifu

Lazy Marshmallow

47,000 Points
  • Lavishing Romantic 250
  • Egg Hunt Master 250
  • Sweetest Romantic 250
Poyudi Hytori
Wait, What happened to the old thread? I didn't read much of this one, But I gathered it was locked? Why? It was a zOMG related thread, in the zOMG forum. And even if the mod considered it in the wrong forum, they should of moved it to the "right" forum, or the chatterbox. D; This is certainly not right.

The thread being locked just makes me suspicious about why they really axed the thread. They could of had just moved it to here in the friends chat section. Why lock it? If the original thread is so historical why not keep it alive...locking it would just have it get buried under new threads..how is that making it historical? crying scream

Moonlight Hunter

17,100 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Battle: Level 10 250
  • Nudist Colony 200
Platonic Purple Panda
Poyudi Hytori

The thread being locked just makes me suspicious about why they really axed the thread. They could of had just moved it to here in the friends chat section. Why lock it? If the original thread is so historical why not keep it alive...locking it would just have it get buried under new threads..how is that making it historical? crying scream

The Sands of Time Blow....

If it's for the reason of a "Historical" Thread, They would move it to the Memorable Threads forum. Maybe it was just a mod who dislikes zOMG. Who knows. :/

....Greeting the Demonic Prince.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces