Welcome to Gaia! ::

Football/Soccer:

Yay! 0.88888888888889 88.9% [ 8 ]
Nay! 0.11111111111111 11.1% [ 1 ]
Total Votes:[ 9 ]
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 28 29 30 > >>

Gatekeeper

.....WHAT.

e: apparently he decided to retire after this World Cup before it even began, omg I'm even more happy Germany won right now MY EMOTIONS.

Questionable Prophet

Just saw an article where he declared he had won it all and he felt that six was a good number. Instead of a player he is now a fan of the National team...

Questionable Prophet

And I'm packing my bags now. In 20 hours I'll be on my way to London =DD So excited!!!

Oh and have a little clip: Swiss competition has just started, but this is already the OG of the year!

Super Regular

Anyone else still feeling lingering effects of post-World Cup depressions? I know the friendlies are happening already, but proper club football can't come soon enough.

Any Liverpool fans out there? Here's a cool clip of Steven Gerrard at 12 years old. Love his goal at around the 2:45 mark. Classic Stevie.

Star of the South

.....WHAT.

e: apparently he decided to retire after this World Cup before it even began, omg I'm even more happy Germany won right now MY EMOTIONS.
Barely makes me feel better. But I guess this should provide enough time for Basti(?) to settle in as the new captain.

Zakou Sr
And I'm packing my bags now. In 20 hours I'll be on my way to London =DD So excited!!!
Have fun in London, then!

Gatekeeper

all these rumours that Drogba is coming back to Chelsea are making me really emotional like I'm really confused but I want it to happen so bad but I really don't get it?

But maybe I do get it and it's brilliant because if he signs as player/coach and Torres does leave (for Atletico apparently) Drogba would be a phenomenal back up as well as a great leader as both Lampard (; _____; ) and Ashley Cole left the club.

Also;
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

More Germany news is that Klose said he's retiring in 2015.

And in other news that should probably surprise absolutely no one, James Rodriquez is apparently in Madrid and probably signing for Real.

Zakou Sr

Have a safe and fun and wonderful trip! 4laugh

Super Regular

Steven Gerrard also retires from international football. Best for all parties, I suppose.

Any predictions or favourites for the new England captain?

Gatekeeper

Waikiki Beachcomber
Steven Gerrard also retires from international football. Best for all parties, I suppose.

It'll probably be someone lame and boring like Rooney.

I'm hoping for Hart or Cahill though.

Super Regular

It's official: Real Madrid sign James Rodriguez. Let's all act surprised.

Star of the South
Waikiki Beachcomber

It'll probably be someone lame and boring like Rooney.

I'm hoping for Hart or Cahill though.
I really don't see Rooney having the temperament of a captain. Hart seems vocal enough for leadership, but when he plays bad he loses confidence rather quickly.

Super Spirit

ManU just smashed L.A. emotion_facepalm

Gatekeeper

So Lahm released an article about his decision to retire (and while I hear my German relatives in the back of my mind laughing at how badly my German has slipped) it seemed like he made the decision to retire after Brazil almost a year ago. Basically, he wanted to retire from the national team under his own terms and thought now would be the best time regardless of result in the World Cup and said now the younger generation of players need to figure themselves out (and find a leader among them) for the future.

; _____;

Waikiki Beachcomber
I really don't see Rooney having the temperament of a captain. Hart seems vocal enough for leadership, but when he plays bad he loses confidence rather quickly.

I agree about Rooney not entirely being captain material but I still wouldn't be surprised if it ended up being him lol. I also agree about Hart's confidence being so easily shot problem with him being captain but I do think he's going to get better at not immediately dropping like a brick when things go bad. So maybe not Hart as the next captain but down the line I could see it happening.

So basically about the captaincy what's Davey Backman David Beckham doing these days? dramallama

Gatekeeper

Eyes

Ouch but just think it's a completely useless mid-season friendly! Your team is a winner when there are no injuries regardless of score!

Super Spirit

Star of the South
Eyes

Ouch but just think it's a completely useless mid-season friendly! Your team is a winner when there are no injuries regardless of score!

True! But it's still not pretty to look at. xd

Questionable Prophet

London is soooo awesome you guys!! Saturday I'm going to Arsenal, but I have seen so much already. Only downside is the limited wifi.

And when I return the neighbouring city (and rival football club of my city) is playing Chelsea at home... My money is low and my dislike for Vitesse is big, but should I go?

Any big football newsies I missed last few days?

Super Spirit

Zakou Sr
London is soooo awesome you guys!! Saturday I'm going to Arsenal, but I have seen so much already. Only downside is the limited wifi.

And when I return the neighbouring city (and rival football club of my city) is playing Chelsea at home... My money is low and my dislike for Vitesse is big, but should I go?

Any big football newsies I missed last few days?

Glad you're having fun!

I know I'm a bit biased, but I would definitely watch the Chelsea match. xd

Super Regular

Star of the South
If Hodgson stays then Rooney probably has the best chance of being the new captain, because it's the predictable choice.

Zakou Sr
Why not visit White Hart Lane while you're there? dramallama

You probably haven't missed much in the news, aside from James Rodriguez's move to Real Madrid, Gerrard's retirement from international football, and Drogba's return to Chelsea. Then of course there's a brazillion rumours floating about, but those aren't exactly news.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff