Welcome to Gaia! ::

You wanna teach me some of the languages? By teaching myself, I meant going to start. xD

I would like to major in programing, but I need to learn it first.

9,400 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Signature Look 250
Like OMFG
You wanna teach me some of the languages? By teaching myself, I meant going to start. xD

Well, it's been a while since I programmed in HTML, but if you want I could help teach you CSS.. (though by looking at your profile, it doesn't seem like you need me to teach you. XD)
I didn't get into HTML very much, either.. I only learned it so I could program my profile on myspace, and delete the ads and stuff.. I've long since left myspace, though. XD
JonnehXYZ
Like OMFG

Well, it's been a while since I programmed in HTML, but if you want I could help teach you CSS.. (though by looking at your profile, it doesn't seem like you need me to teach you. XD)
I didn't get into HTML very much, either.. I only learned it so I could program my profile on myspace, and delete the ads and stuff.. I've long since left myspace, though. XD

I've pretty much got a good understanding of CSS. I'm too lazy to go clean up my profile and fix it.

I'm going to learn HTML first and then maybe C++ or C. Although I'd rather skip to C++ or C. HTML is good place to start.
some body should hit me w a balloon. im too dry right now wink
Does anyone know what all the prizes are?

9,400 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Signature Look 250
Ah, I tried to learn C++ before anything else... (I don't reccomend trying that gonk ).
I couldn't make sense out of it at all. xD
but I was only 12.. sooo... sweatdrop
Eh, maybe I'm just too lazy to try to learn it again.. xp

9,400 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Signature Look 250
pickleperfect
Does anyone know what all the prizes are?

So far, all i've seen is a Durem support t-shirt, and that thing that looks like a water balloon hits you. I've gotten both, and sold both. XD
pickleperfect: Nope. Sorry. I've been too busy to pay attention. You can try asking in the Q&A though.

JonnehXYZ I'm going to go after HTML and then C++. I want to learn PHP and Java sometime.

9,400 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Signature Look 250
Good for you! smile
Next thing I want to try to learn is flash, but I need to buy the program first.. -is currently jobless and broke- DX.
If I want to work for gaia, though, I'll have to learn PHP and java at some point in the future.. >w<
Now I'm changing my mind. Once I get HTML, I'm not sure if I want to do Java and PHP or C++ before them.

9,400 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Signature Look 250
Well, C++ is used for things like coding games, right?
It's up to you, depending on which path you choose for a career. :3
I'd think that Java and PHP would benefit you more in the long run, since you could get a well paying career using them, then maybe take up C++ afterwards.
Again, don't let me influence your decision too much. After all, I'm not even sure of how each one of those languages are used. X_x

9,400 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Signature Look 250
By the way, if you want to toy with Html, here's a free real-time HTML editor that I even use to help code profile's. :3
(all you have to do for the profile's is copy/paste your pro's source code into the editor, find the CSS code, edit it, then copy/paste the new css into your override. biggrin )

EDIT:: whoops, forgot to post the link. XD
http://htmledit.squarefree.com/
I was think PHP and Java anyway, as I'm more interested in those. If I'm not interested in something and don't have other people counting on me, I might flake off. C++ would be fun to play around with though.

9,400 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Signature Look 250
Yeah..
When I first got into computers, I was planning on being a game designer, in which case I would have to learn C++.
It seemed like it would be fun to mess with, but I really didn't think it was worth me learning.
Good luck learning PHP and java.. biggrin
Thanks, but I've got to learn HTML first. Which language are you learning right now?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff