4,900 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
zero the last decepticon
Astaire
zero the last decepticon

I know you do.

I'm also really eager to see how you handle slam.
I'd say that other than the obvious, and extremely predicable naysaying, this is moving along exactly as planned. This pleases me. xd

Out of curiosity, where did you first find out about Saul Williams?

'Ni Che.

He knows about my love of really odd forms of Hip-Hop, so he turned me on to Saul, and Busdriver.

Awesome. heart

I used to go to Slam Poetry contests when I was a Junior/Senior in High School. Obviously, there were some people who performed some really crappy poetry. But I remember this one girl who did a slam poem using a cherry tree as the dominant image, and it stuck with me for a long time. I can't for the life of me remember it now, though.

Slam is amazing if you find people who do it correctly. I remember coming home from those readings absolutely floored. I need to go back sometime.
Astaire
zero the last decepticon
Astaire
zero the last decepticon

I know you do.

I'm also really eager to see how you handle slam.
I'd say that other than the obvious, and extremely predicable naysaying, this is moving along exactly as planned. This pleases me. xd

Out of curiosity, where did you first find out about Saul Williams?

'Ni Che.

He knows about my love of really odd forms of Hip-Hop, so he turned me on to Saul, and Busdriver.

Awesome. heart

I used to go to Slam Poetry contests when I was a Junior/Senior in High School. Obviously, there were some people who performed some really crappy poetry. But I remember this one girl who did a slam poem using a cherry tree as the dominant image, and it stuck with me for a long time. I can't for the life of me remember it now, though.

Slam is amazing if you find people who do it correctly. I remember coming home from those readings absolutely floored. I need to go back sometime.

There's a place in Charlotte called The Wine Up, that does poetry every Thursday night. I was actually invited to be a member of the 2006 team, but had to decline, due to working six days a weeks. They ended up going to the national finals hat year, as well. Those guys really knew thier s**t, and did a whole lot of traveling. I plan on stopping in for a few poems, and a few beers, when I hit Charlotte in July.

4,900 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
zero the last decepticon
There's a place in Charlotte called The Wine Up, that does poetry every Thursday night. I was actually invited to be a member of the 2006 team, but had to decline, due to working six days a weeks. They ended up going to the national finals hat year, as well. Those guys really knew thier s**t, and did a whole lot of traveling. I plan on stopping in for a few poems, and a few beers, when I hit Charlotte in July.

Neat. heart Your style always struck me as having some slam-related qualities to it: just the internal rhyming and stuff.

I've never been good enough at slam to be a part of a team, but I have written it. (I think the copies were burned.) domokun

My literary club in high school was big into slam, which is where I first heard about it. It was all they wrote; unfortunately, I think they used it more often than not as an excuse to overperform to compensate for their lack of technical prowess. sweatdrop
Astaire
zero the last decepticon

Neat. heart Your style always struck me as having some slam-related qualities to it: just the internal rhyming and stuff.

I've never been good enough at slam to be a part of a team, but I have written it. (I think the copies were burned.) domokun

My literary club in high school was big into slam, which is where I first heard about it. It was all they wrote; unfortunately, I think they used it more often than not as an excuse to overperform to compensate for their lack of technical prowess. sweatdrop

I've always told the kindhearted patrons of Gaia Online, that my poetry is to be read aloud by me. I'm sure That many of them think that's an excuse, but whatever works. As soon as I can find a place to perform here, I look forward to starting again. There's nothing like reciting poetry for a crowd. heart

4,900 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
zero the last decepticon
Astaire
zero the last decepticon

I've always told the kindhearted patrons of Gaia Online, that my poetry is to be read aloud by me. I'm sure That many of them think that's an excuse, but whatever works. As soon as I can find a place to perform here, I look forward to starting again. There's nothing like reciting poetry for a crowd. heart

I can only imagine. heart

For being so into theatre, I have the worst cases of stagefright when it comes to reading my own stuff. I have a really hard time with it, because it's not just the ACTING that comes under scrutiny; it's also the writing itself. Double-whammy.

I need to see you perform sometime. NEED.
Astaire
zero the last decepticon
Astaire
zero the last decepticon

I can only imagine. heart

For being so into theatre, I have the worst cases of stagefright when it comes to reading my own stuff. I have a really hard time with it, because it's not just the ACTING that comes under scrutiny; it's also the writing itself. Double-whammy.

I need to see you perform sometime. NEED.

Heh.

I get really into it.
It actually came really easy after touring with Eyes of the Elders.
When I first started performing my music live, I was horrified. Once I got over that, poetery was childsplay.
i'm scared to take part in this.

i will not be successful.
parallax protected

No, you won't be. Leaving it alone would be a much better idea, don't you think?
parallax protected

It isn't a contest.
There is no failing.

It's just about coming in, and taking part, and checking your ego at the door. Go for it, Passy. heart

4,900 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Oxxidation-12
parallax protected

No, you won't be. Leaving it alone would be a much better idea, don't you think?

Why don't you take your own advice, then? heart If you're going to continue to be negative, then you really should leave this thread alone.
Wow. Hope this lives.
zero the last decepticon
parallax protected

It isn't a contest.
There is no failing.

It's just about coming in, and taking part, and checking your ego at the door. Go for it, Passy. heart

gonk
Astaire
Oxxidation-12
parallax protected

Why don't you take your own advice, then? heart If you're going to continue to be negative, than you really should leave this thread alone.

What are you TALKING about? I'm giving you publicity is what I'm doing! Only makes sense since everyone would be INSTINCTIVELY COMPELLED to do exactly the opposite of what I say.

Or, you know, they won't be and will just leave you and zero in this place. Either way's corking, far as I'm concerned.
I haven't really read any poetry from old poets, so first things first:

I have to find a good poet that I can hang on to.

4,900 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Oxxidation-12
What are you TALKING about? I'm giving you publicity is what I'm doing! Only makes sense since everyone would be INSTINCTIVELY COMPELLED to do exactly the opposite of what I say.

Or, you know, they won't be and will just leave you and zero in this place. Either way's corking, far as I'm concerned.

Why would we need publicity if they're already in the thread to begin with?

Whatever. You're entitled to "publicize" however you want. But I'm watching you, mister. domokun

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff