Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Minilurve is dead. This is me editing this post, yet again.

Amber has revived the monster!!

TheAmberShrew
TheAmberShrew
I'm going to fix your links.

(I didn't double-check them all, but they should work. Also, apologies for not labeling the page numbers and, for whatever reason, my computer refusing to use the proper symbols for the Norse poems. )

ABC - Teh DCB

abecedarian - xFTHMx

Ashurii - nevertobeokay

ballade - Elixir-10 MK-II v1b

Burlesque - Teh DCB

Casbairdne - Teh DCB

Choka - Teh DCB

Cinquain - Teh DCB

concrete poetry, spatial prosody, or negative space - Power Armor Felix

Droighneach - Pirouzu

Epistle - Son Vrai

Epistle - zero the last decepticon

ghazal - zero the last decepticon

Go Vat - Teh DCB

List - Teh DCB

Little Willie - Astaire

luc bat - zero the last decepticon

Minute Poetry - DCB

Norse: fornyr?islag, ljó?aháttur, and dróttkvætt - Poetess Laureate

Octameter - Pet The Baby!

Pantoum - DeliriumNox

pathya vat - Teh DCB

pentina - zero the last decepticon

Retourne - Inaudible

sonnet redoublé - Teh DCB

Spiral/Palindrome - xFTHMx

Terza rima - zero the last decepticon

Tetractys - Thee_Cats_Meow

Than Bauk - Teh DCB

Tritina - Astaire

Tyburn - The Surprising Fairy

villanelle - Elixir-10 MK-II v1b

Ya Du - Teh DCB

4,900 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
INDEX OF FORMS with a special thanks to Uncle Moth heart

Quote:
pantoum (55) (deliriumnox)

palindrome/spiral (54) (xfthmx)

abcderian (52) (xfthmx)

retourne (52) (inaudible)

ghazal (50) (zero)

list (49) (dcb)

burlesque (49) (dcb)

abc (49) (dcb)

little willie (47) (astaire)

droighneach (40) (pirouzu)

terza rima (39) (zero)

pentina (37) (zero)

choka (35) (DCB)

ya du (34) (DCB)

go vat (34) (DCB)

than bauk (32) (DCB)

pathya vat (30) (DCB)

tritina (29) (astaire)

sonnet redoublé (28 ) (DCB)

tyburn (25) (The Surprising Fairy)

epistle (23) (zero)

epistle (22) (son vrai)

luc bat (23) (zero)

casbairdne (22) (DCB)

octameter (21) (Petsy)

minute poetry (16) (DCB)

fornyrðislag, ljóðaháttur & dróttkvætt (16) (PL)

paradelle (12) (astaire)

I guess "Hate" was too strong of a word. Regardless, IT'S HERE!!! heart I can't even tell you how exciting this is.

...Wow. I can't say I've ever read Saul Williams before, but imagery is in every ******** line and none of it seems to be filler. Really, it's like being punched in the face until there's nothing left but a mosaic of flesh and blood, but it's an awe-inspiring kind of impact. The images leave you permanently scarred (in a good way.)

I don't know if I could possibly emulate that, but GODDAMN IT I SHALL TRY.

Once they reconstruct my face, I shall be back with my attempt.

MINIMAL FOREV- dammit, that sounds like minimall. I'll have to think of some clever nickname for this place... The MM? Nah.
Saul Williams is an excellent poet.

You should read

, said the shotgun to the head

It's BRILLIANT. I want to buy it.

4,900 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Aehlae
Saul Williams is an excellent poet.

You should read

, said the shotgun to the head

It's BRILLIANT. I want to buy it.

I already love the title. heart

Maybe I could find it at the library... I don't have much money right now. crying
I first read it at a bookstore, and then I found it at the library and checked it out. whee If your library's cool, they'll have it.
I love the idea of this place, but I don't know how well it can be executed unless the rules can be gently bent.
By this I mean I need a little elaboration on what characteristics of the poem we are supposed to emulate. One aspect of the poem has to do with the jaunty ferver of it, and if I was to emulate the poem, it would be remarkably unsimilar if I was to change the emotion of it. Which leaves me the form, transition, flow, and content, and all those other little picky parts. (But I'm a novice at form writing and even analyzing)
INstead, possibly, could we challenge a poem by, in place of emulating it, posting another author's work, similar, or unsimilar, and discuss the simularities between them? And then maybe, try and write something comparable to both of them?

surprised Though I am sorely dwarfed in poetic knowledge, I'll try and participate my little heart out.
(Ahah, self-proclaimed revolutions.)
And this right here is classic (me and a double post!):

zero the last decepticon
It's come so far from what it was supposed to be, that there's nothing there worth salvaging, and I hope it gets blown the hell away, like so much cliched dust in the wind..

... and then ...

Mama No-Face

Forum regulars, visitors, and newbies alike--welcome!
This thread is for you to meet, greet, get to know each other, and talk about whatever's on your mind. Poetic acvice is okay here, but the main purpose of the thread is to give the inhabitants of the Poetry forum a place to hang out.

I are confused?

4,900 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Niadaen
I love the idea of this place, but I don't know how well it can be executed unless the rules can be gently bent.
By this I mean I need a little elaboration on what characteristics of the poem we are supposed to emulate. One aspect of the poem has to do with the jaunty ferver of it, and if I was to emulate the poem, it would be remarkably unsimilar if I was to change the emotion of it. Which leaves me the form, transition, flow, and content, and all those other little picky parts. (But I'm a novice at form writing and even analyzing)
INstead, possibly, could we challenge a poem by, in place of emulating it, posting another author's work, similar, or unsimilar, and discuss the simularities between them? And then maybe, try and write something comparable to both of them?

surprised Though I am sorely dwarfed in poetic knowledge, I'll try and participate my little heart out.

I can understand what you mean about bending the rules a bit, but I don't think the idea is to copy the person's style exactly; rather, to take your own bent on the style being presented. I don't think anyone's looking for copycats. I mean, the person posting the poem could always specify which particular aspect should be emulated, but I think it would be better if we emulated the style however we chose, and then explained which aspect(s) we picked to use in our poem.

That's my take, anyway.
Eheheheh.

Ahahahahahahaha.

STRING OF EMOTICONS!

Felt like you needed a new cattle prod in your underpants, huh? Dandy. It's just going to be another failed endeavor.

4,900 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Oxxidation-12
Eheheheh.

Ahahahahahahaha.

STRING OF EMOTICONS!

Felt like you needed a new cattle prod in your underpants, huh? Dandy. It's just going to be another failed endeavor.

Thanks for the vote of confidence, dearest. heart
v.teekaa

I are confused?

Perhaps a bit.
I wanted to make a place more to the point of an adult oriented chat, but seeing as how that is against the TOS, I have to play by the rules. In doing this, I not only benifit the forum as a whole, I also get what I want out of the deal, as well. There will always be confusion, and there will always be naysayers, but in the end, I think this will work for the best, and hopefully benifit some of the writers here.
My take on the Minilurve, is just that. MY TAKE. I stated this in my first post, under ""If you agree with me, then this is for you"". I''ve already covered my a** in the regard of naysaying and flaming, so allow me to say this once:
I'm not going to argue with any of you. If you're here to write, then please do so. If not, please remove yourself kindly, or I will kindly have you removed.
Thank you all for at least giving this a look, and your submissions would be greatly appreciated. As for you, Oxxi, since you don't have anything else as a saving grace (i.e Can't write to save your life, and have the charm of a dishrag) your presence will be tolerated as comic relief. Lord knows we need a C3-PO.

edit:
Also, Teh Ministry is totally against TOS, and is hanging on by a very thin thread. I wouldn't laugh at the idea of seeing it hit the chatterbox in the near future. All it's going to take are a few more outbursts. You might actually thank me for this, one day. heart

Shy Sex Symbol

*giggle*

Basically, you want to have a chat using poetry.

On another note, Saul Williams is pretty much awesome.
And on another note, The Lurve has been in a land of "Reported, but not dealt with" for a couple of months now. I think it's been that way to keep all the "OMG U SUXX 4 GIVE BAD THING 4 PEOMMMM" people away from the report button and spiting the regs. Or something like that.
Hmm. This could be interesting.

But, the real problem with the Minilurve isn't the thread itself, it's that people wander into it and make it the things we complain about. You can't control who wanders in.

Then again, you tend to be around enough to ban those types if need be.
Poetess Laureate
Hmm. This could be interesting.

But, the real problem with the Minilurve isn't the thread itself, it's that people wander into it and make it the things we complain about. You can't control who wanders in.

Then again, you tend to be around enough to ban those types if need be.

That, and I have people helping me.
Due to the recent flood of horseshit going on lately, I'm not around so much. I did this not only for myself, but for others, as well. I can't control what goes on in here,,you're right about that, but I know someone who can, and they're helping me keep an eye on things. One, because I'm on a very thin leash with this idea, as it is, and two, I asked for help in dealing with people that I see as potential "problems".
That said, can we try to stick to the original purpose for the thread, and try to get some actual writing done? I'd honestly hate to see this shut down before it even starts, and like I said: I'm being watched, as it is....

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff