Welcome to Gaia! ::

The thread is still under construction, but we're finally open!

Yay! 1 100.0% [ 4 ]
Suggestions or comments? 0 0.0% [ 0 ]
Please post! 0 0.0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes:[ 4 ]
< 1 2 3 ... 11 12 13 14 >

Kheresan's Widow

Ice-Cold Neko

Faelar Moondown
icywind1980

What are you questing? *too lazy to look*

Working three jobs!? Ouch! No wonder I barely see you post on here lol. Good luck on getting things sorted out.

Lucifer's Wings. Lol. They're the only wings that look like Fae's. I've been waiting years for Gaia to come out with something like them, and it would be my luck that they're so expensive. But I've quested an item for years before, so I'm not too concerned. I'll get them eventually.

Thanks. Most stuff is, and what's left to sort out takes time anyway, so it'll happen eventually.

Yeah, my regular job, a babysitting job, and helping out on my aunt's farm. So I've been super busy. I've been trying to get on and check stuff when I can, but I don't get a lot of free time for posting. These next few days I might have some down time though, so hopefully I can be on a little more.

Yeah it's no use going crazy or spending RL money to get stuff on Gaia anymore. Things will come eventually, and they'll eventually be cheaper.

That sounds very busy. I look after my own baby and that feels like an unpaid full time job. I can't imagine doing more work on the side, though I will have to get a job once she's in day care.

Take it easy and do what makes you happy with your free time. I post when I can and I always reply to quotes, even though sometimes they are delayed. I understand if you don't reply right away.

Witty Smoker

icywind1980

Yeah it's no use going crazy or spending RL money to get stuff on Gaia anymore. Things will come eventually, and they'll eventually be cheaper.

That sounds very busy. I look after my own baby and that feels like an unpaid full time job. I can't imagine doing more work on the side, though I will have to get a job once she's in day care.

Take it easy and do what makes you happy with your free time. I post when I can and I always reply to quotes, even though sometimes they are delayed. I understand if you don't reply right away.

Right. I stopped spending money on Gaia when I moved out of my mother's house. (And that was back when GCash didn't exist, lol.) I just bide my time and save up as best I can.

It is a full-time unpaid job. Unless you count the love of your child as payment. When my kids were babies, my ex didn't do anything for them. I was exhausted all the time, but at least I knew they were taken care of. It gets easier over time, though. How old is she?

I know how that is. I'm the same way. I always get back to people, even if it's a few days later. Lately I've just been watching Netflix and playing rummy with the hubby, but at some point I want to work on more art since it's been a few months. Plus this thread needs graphics and a slight overhaul. I'm thinking about sketching out the thread graphics to kind-of kill two birds with one stone.

Kheresan's Widow

Ice-Cold Neko

Faelar Moondown
icywind1980

Right. I stopped spending money on Gaia when I moved out of my mother's house. (And that was back when GCash didn't exist, lol.) I just bide my time and save up as best I can.

It is a full-time unpaid job. Unless you count the love of your child as payment. When my kids were babies, my ex didn't do anything for them. I was exhausted all the time, but at least I knew they were taken care of. It gets easier over time, though. How old is she?

I know how that is. I'm the same way. I always get back to people, even if it's a few days later. Lately I've just been watching Netflix and playing rummy with the hubby, but at some point I want to work on more art since it's been a few months. Plus this thread needs graphics and a slight overhaul. I'm thinking about sketching out the thread graphics to kind-of kill two birds with one stone.

I spent a few $5 here and there over the years, but I stopped when the market crashed. Well a bit before then cos I took a break when I had the baby. It makes no sense to spend anymore. The marketplace fluctuates too much and nothing is stable. Prices drop and rise in the millions range at the drop of a hat. I only buy things anymore when I really want them, otherwise I quest for them in the charity threads.

Oh I suppose you could count that as payment but once she is finally settled in for the night, I could that as my payment. I know it sounds harsh but she really gets me going during the day. It's hard to be ''always on''. Sometimes I don't want to smile and laugh.. especially when she's trying to pull my mouth off with her sharp little fingernails. My husband does a lot for her, and for me but it is still very tiring work. She's almost 9 months old now, so it's constant chasing her around and getting screamed at for not letting her pull furniture down on top of herself. I know she's bored and it's boring to stay in the apartment, but there is only so much we can do here. We take walks and go to the store etc but that gets old fast. She will be much happier when she starts daycare next month. She'll get to explore in a safe environment and have playmates.

I end up spending a lot of time on Gaia these days cos the hubby is working late and I don't really have much else to do besides browser games to entertain myself. We don't have a TV cos it's being used for a computer monitor so I can watch things online... with one ear open. That's rather annoying imo, so I wait until he's done to watch tv. I used to play some online games, but playing anything with anyone is hard cos you never know when the waaaah is gonna come again.

What kind of graphics do you do? I used to dabble but I haven't even opened photoshop in ages. I didn't even install it on this new computer yet!

Witty Smoker

icywind1980

I spent a few $5 here and there over the years, but I stopped when the market crashed. Well a bit before then cos I took a break when I had the baby. It makes no sense to spend anymore. The marketplace fluctuates too much and nothing is stable. Prices drop and rise in the millions range at the drop of a hat. I only buy things anymore when I really want them, otherwise I quest for them in the charity threads.

Oh I suppose you could count that as payment but once she is finally settled in for the night, I could that as my payment. I know it sounds harsh but she really gets me going during the day. It's hard to be ''always on''. Sometimes I don't want to smile and laugh.. especially when she's trying to pull my mouth off with her sharp little fingernails. My husband does a lot for her, and for me but it is still very tiring work. She's almost 9 months old now, so it's constant chasing her around and getting screamed at for not letting her pull furniture down on top of herself. I know she's bored and it's boring to stay in the apartment, but there is only so much we can do here. We take walks and go to the store etc but that gets old fast. She will be much happier when she starts daycare next month. She'll get to explore in a safe environment and have playmates.

I end up spending a lot of time on Gaia these days cos the hubby is working late and I don't really have much else to do besides browser games to entertain myself. We don't have a TV cos it's being used for a computer monitor so I can watch things online... with one ear open. That's rather annoying imo, so I wait until he's done to watch tv. I used to play some online games, but playing anything with anyone is hard cos you never know when the waaaah is gonna come again.

What kind of graphics do you do? I used to dabble but I haven't even opened photoshop in ages. I didn't even install it on this new computer yet!

Right. Back when I did it, stuff kinda only went up in price. Nothing changed beyond that. But it's been years, so yeah. It's a lot easier in the end to just quest things the hard way. It's sad how money-hungry Gaia's gotten. Not gonna lie though. If the Cash Shop put Lucifer's Wings in there for a set price, depending on how much they cost, there is a distinct possibility that I might buy them.

Yeah, that is a rough time. I know exactly what you mean. She's at the age where she wants to find new and interesting things to do, but still not quite at the age where she's okay to just go off and entertain herself. Plus when you try to entertain her, it's not like she's at the age to grasp coloring or puzzles yet. I had a rough time when my little one hit that age too. Well, from birth to that time, but that's because she never slept in the beginning. @_@; I know this might sound bad, but do you ever get a break from her? Like, do you ever drop her off at a family member's house for a couple hours so you can just relax? I know I never wanted to do that in the beginning. My family kind-of had to force me to. But it does help on those rougher days. A nap can do wonders.

Yeah, I know what you mean. My game/online time used to be whenever my daughter went down for her nap. It was a short time period, but it was all I could really do. And right now, I have a TV, but no cable... just internet. So all my kids have to do when they come over is play with a few toys and watch Netflix. It's boring, but we find a way to make it work. I can't count how many times I've been assigned a role from a show they're watching and expected to play it, lol. Basically I just distract myself with whatever I can, but to be honest I don't have much free time for it anyway what with the three jobs and whatnot. @_@ Nine times out of ten, if I try to do anything fun I fall asleep halfway through. The joys of being an adult, lol.

To be honest, I mostly just doodle. I upload a lot of stuff to my scraps on DA, but I rarely actually finish a piece. I hate linearting. It's a pain and it's time-consuming. My husband has offered many times to help with it and said we could work together and stuff, but we've never actually sat down and done it. I'd like to, though, so I could actually post finished pieces someday.

Witty Smoker

People in the CB are so ******** stupid sometimes.

Witty Smoker

Fifteen minutes and I have to wake the hubby. He might sleep longer than that, but I'll have to sign off either way.

Kheresan's Widow

Ice-Cold Neko

Faelar Moondown
icywind1980

Right. Back when I did it, stuff kinda only went up in price. Nothing changed beyond that. But it's been years, so yeah. It's a lot easier in the end to just quest things the hard way. It's sad how money-hungry Gaia's gotten. Not gonna lie though. If the Cash Shop put Lucifer's Wings in there for a set price, depending on how much they cost, there is a distinct possibility that I might buy them.

Yeah, that is a rough time. I know exactly what you mean. She's at the age where she wants to find new and interesting things to do, but still not quite at the age where she's okay to just go off and entertain herself. Plus when you try to entertain her, it's not like she's at the age to grasp coloring or puzzles yet. I had a rough time when my little one hit that age too. Well, from birth to that time, but that's because she never slept in the beginning. @_@; I know this might sound bad, but do you ever get a break from her? Like, do you ever drop her off at a family member's house for a couple hours so you can just relax? I know I never wanted to do that in the beginning. My family kind-of had to force me to. But it does help on those rougher days. A nap can do wonders.

Yeah, I know what you mean. My game/online time used to be whenever my daughter went down for her nap. It was a short time period, but it was all I could really do. And right now, I have a TV, but no cable... just internet. So all my kids have to do when they come over is play with a few toys and watch Netflix. It's boring, but we find a way to make it work. I can't count how many times I've been assigned a role from a show they're watching and expected to play it, lol. Basically I just distract myself with whatever I can, but to be honest I don't have much free time for it anyway what with the three jobs and whatnot. @_@ Nine times out of ten, if I try to do anything fun I fall asleep halfway through. The joys of being an adult, lol.

To be honest, I mostly just doodle. I upload a lot of stuff to my scraps on DA, but I rarely actually finish a piece. I hate linearting. It's a pain and it's time-consuming. My husband has offered many times to help with it and said we could work together and stuff, but we've never actually sat down and done it. I'd like to, though, so I could actually post finished pieces someday.

The marketplace and the cash shop are ridiculous. I have almost a bil and I'm still poor. Everything on my wishlist costs the entire amount I have and then I'd just find another thing I want. Screw it. I'll just hoard my gold until I get a tril. I can't fault you for handing over RL money. If Gaia had any form of stability and didn't look like it was heading into the dumpster, I would too. I can spare $5 every so often, but I won't because it keeps feeling like Gaia is gonna shut down. I used to play a game called DOMO (Dream of Mirror Online) through Aeriagames. I loved the hell out of that game and forked over close to $250 over about 3 years. Then one day it closed. We were warned, but still it was all for nothing. It all feels so empty.

Yes exactly. She can crawl and roll around so nothing is safe. We basically have a one room apartment so we're all inside the one room all the time. It's not safe to even turn around, and I have no corners to attach a baby gate to. I sometimes exile her to ''baby jail'' which is her crib, but she can pull herself up and it's only a matter of time until she can crawl out over the top. My baby used to be a good sleeper, but sleep time has been a hassle anymore. So is diaper changing. She hates it and I have no idea why. I basically have to hold her in one arm and try not to get s**t all over the place with the other. It's tears and screams than after it's done, she's happy as if nothing happened. I'm sorry I can't change my emotions that fast. As for someone else watching her...occasionally I can get her grandparents to watch her, but more often than not they want us to come over for dinner and bring the baby. Which is just annoying. Getting dressed and sitting in someone else's house with nothing to do but play with the baby with them. It's not really a break from it, most times. At least here I can wear sweat pants and no bra. She's starting daycare next month so I'll have a little bit of a break until I find a job.

I think we're basically in the same role. My online time is when she's asleep or interested in eatiing something off the floor.. lol. I think it will get better as she gets older. We also have only internet here too. I am only watching Supernatural at the moment, so I usually get to see one episode a night. We're up to the beginning of Season 9 so finally catching up. What do you like to watch?

Witty Smoker

icywind1980

The marketplace and the cash shop are ridiculous. I have almost a bil and I'm still poor. Everything on my wishlist costs the entire amount I have and then I'd just find another thing I want. Screw it. I'll just hoard my gold until I get a tril. I can't fault you for handing over RL money. If Gaia had any form of stability and didn't look like it was heading into the dumpster, I would too. I can spare $5 every so often, but I won't because it keeps feeling like Gaia is gonna shut down. I used to play a game called DOMO (Dream of Mirror Online) through Aeriagames. I loved the hell out of that game and forked over close to $250 over about 3 years. Then one day it closed. We were warned, but still it was all for nothing. It all feels so empty.

Yes exactly. She can crawl and roll around so nothing is safe. We basically have a one room apartment so we're all inside the one room all the time. It's not safe to even turn around, and I have no corners to attach a baby gate to. I sometimes exile her to ''baby jail'' which is her crib, but she can pull herself up and it's only a matter of time until she can crawl out over the top. My baby used to be a good sleeper, but sleep time has been a hassle anymore. So is diaper changing. She hates it and I have no idea why. I basically have to hold her in one arm and try not to get s**t all over the place with the other. It's tears and screams than after it's done, she's happy as if nothing happened. I'm sorry I can't change my emotions that fast. As for someone else watching her...occasionally I can get her grandparents to watch her, but more often than not they want us to come over for dinner and bring the baby. Which is just annoying. Getting dressed and sitting in someone else's house with nothing to do but play with the baby with them. It's not really a break from it, most times. At least here I can wear sweat pants and no bra. She's starting daycare next month so I'll have a little bit of a break until I find a job.

I think we're basically in the same role. My online time is when she's asleep or interested in eatiing something off the floor.. lol. I think it will get better as she gets older. We also have only internet here too. I am only watching Supernatural at the moment, so I usually get to see one episode a night. We're up to the beginning of Season 9 so finally catching up. What do you like to watch?

I know exactly how you feel. I used to play City of Heroes/City of Villains online. Spent tons of money on that game. Then they took it down. I don't know how much warning there was. I was on semi-hiatus from being busy working and trying to get stable. But I was so upset when I came back and it was gone. The only reason I have the gold I have now is because I had some pricey items, went on hiatus, and they skyrocketed by the time I came back. But even then, it's nothing compared to the item I want. And once I do get it, what? I go back and re-quest all the items I sold for it? I don't even know. I mean, I've said I just want the wings and after that I'm just buying clothes, but somehow I feel I'll end up re-questing old items anyway. But the site does feel like that. Even though it's doing well and they're making money, it feels like it's falling apart. It's really sad. I have so many fond memories here. Hell, I met my husband here.

That's rough, love. I definitely understand how you feel. It sounds a lot like when my daughter was that age. But it does get easier, I can promise you that. Maybe a little more frustrating once they start talking back and arguing, but the extent of what you have to do physically is much less.

Baby jail for her was being strapped in her bouncy chair and watching Kung-Fu Panda. Lol. xD It was the only thing that worked for me. All that happened when I put her in her crib was screaming and crying until she got older. Once she was a little over a year, then she was content to sit in her crib and entertain herself for decent periods of time. But she could also sit and play with toys and mostly stay out of trouble.

Well, we just finished Orange is the New Black, and haven't really found something to replace it yet. So we've been re-watching House MD since it's been awhile since I actually watched it. We're in the newer episodes, though, after he goes to rehab. So not as good as the old ones.

I hate that I'm so picky with TV shows and movies sometimes. I have... high expectations and am very picky in many aspects of my life. So it's hard for me to find music, books, shows, anything that I like really. I hold things to standards of something I'd write or something I like, and most stuff just doesn't measure up. I guess I live a little too far in my fantasy land to be able to tolerate what normal people like. Sometimes it's good, because when I do find something I like it's usually mind-blowing. But sometimes it's rough because I get stuck being bored with nothing to watch, and I roll around on the bed whining until the hubby starts dealing the cards for rummy. And even that's only fun for so long.

Witty Smoker

Gotta go wake the hubby up. We'll be leaving to pick up my munchkins soon. Gonna go through McDonald's for dinner, then chill here with them until their mother picks them up. Then after that, it's back out to the farm to pick corn and possibly green beans. @_@ If I'm not back tonight, I'll try to get on tomorrow, at least. I'm off work and just have to babysit, so I should be able to sneak on for at least a little bit. If I don't get commandeered into using all my free time to help clean the apartment. Lol.

Witty Smoker

And ten years later...

Witty Smoker

30 Seconds to Mars // The Kill

Witty Smoker

Pentatonix // Daft Punk

Witty Smoker

Eminem // Despicable

Witty Smoker

Lindsey Stirling // Shadows

Witty Smoker

Attack on Titan // Bauklotze