Welcome to Gaia! ::

The thread is still under construction, but we're finally open!

Yay! 1 100.0% [ 4 ]
Suggestions or comments? 0 0.0% [ 0 ]
Please post! 0 0.0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes:[ 4 ]
1 2 3 ... 12 13 14 >

Witty Smoker

The Empire of Faerûn

Hello, and welcome to The Empire of Faerûn. I am your Lord and Master, Faelar Moondown. I created this thread in order to have a stable, active place to hang out on Gaia. I spent a long time browsing and posting in existing hangout threads, charities, and various forums, but no matter how long I spent in any of those places, none of them ever felt right. Oh sure, I made a few friends here and there, but nevertheless, the majority of time I signed online, I never had anyone to talk to. So this is a place for myself and anyone who would like to join me to come hang out, shoot the breeze, roleplay, and make new friends. All I ask is that you please read and abide by the thread rules. Other than that, your level of interaction is entirely up to you. Make yourself at home.

Introduction|News|Rules|Topics|Roleplay|About|Partners|Whitelist|Blacklist|Games|Quests|Art|Gallery|Spotlight|Links

Witty Smoker

The Empire of Faerûn

August 15th, 2014 @ 1:30pm
Edited the quest post with Catharsis's completed quests and an update to my progress on mine. Updated the games & contests post with the fact that no one won the page 10 prize (since I was the only one to post on page 10). Added one banner and a smaller version for a button. Not the best work, but better than no links at all. I'll make more later, and hopefully get a chance to work on some thread graphics too. Debating making the contest & game prizes bigger, but I was kind-of hoping to have more regulars before I just start throwing gold away. u_u; Idk. But more work will come when and as I have time. Maybe tonight/tomorrow I'll get some more work in. I have to leave in about an hour and a half, though, so I'm not going to start anything right this minute. I want to be able to actually finish something in one sitting. But I'll be here for awhile, at least. So as usual, feel free to make yourselves at home.

August 7th, 2014 @ 12:35pm
Edited the contest post with our first winner! icywind1980 won 5k for being the first poster on page 5. Other than that, I haven't had time to touch anything. I've been working three jobs and dealing with other RL bullshit that's time-consuming and stressful. So that's why I haven't been on in awhile. But I'm hoping that within the next couple of weeks it will clear up at least a little bit so that I'll have more time to get online. Tried to work on a sketch this morning, but no dice. I got to where I needed to design an outfit and I just had no inspiration whatsoever. So here I am. For a few hours, at least.

July 26th, 2014 @ 12:50pm
Edited a couple of posts on the front page. Catharsis finally picked an item to quest, and I managed to scrape together another 2b clearing out my inventory. I also updated the Topics post, because icywind1980 made me realize that I should have included D&D in there. Graphics and art sections and contests are still under construction, but the next time I have a decent length of time to sit and work on them hopefully I'll make at least a little progress. I've been very busy with work, though, because people have been sick and Customer Appreciation Day is coming up, so I'm not sure when that will be. Keep checking back, though. It'll be as soon as I can possibly get to it!

July 23rd, 2014 @ 3:50pm
Basic structure of the thread completed. It's still under construction and probably will be for a good while, but it's finished enough to open. Now welcoming all posters!

July 23rd, 2014 @ 1:15pm
Thread skeleton completed. Currently editing text within posts and setting up basic structure. Graphics and whatnot will come much later. Right now, my goal is to get enough of the thread set up to actually open it and invite people to post.

Introduction|News|Rules|Topics|Roleplay|About|Partners|Whitelist|Blacklist|Games|Quests|Art|Gallery|Spotlight|Links

Witty Smoker

The Empire of Faerûn

If you wish to post in my thread, you are more than welcome to participate as much or as little as you’d like. However, the one thing that I do require of all posters is that you read and abide by my thread rules. Breaking any of these rules will immediately get you placed on the blacklist. People on the blacklist are essentially on probation. They will not be allowed to participate in any contests, games, or giveaways, and are automatically ineligible for any special spontaneous thread events. This probationary period lasts thirty days from the date the offense was committed. If they stick around and continue to contribute to the thread for these thirty days without breaking any rules, they will be removed from the blacklist. However, if you continue to break rules after you have already been placed on the blacklist, you will be banned from the thread. Simple enough, right?

oo1.) Obey Gaia’s Rules & Guidelines and Terms of Service.
This is a given. You had to agree to this when you made your Gaia account, and you have to follow these rules everywhere else on the site. My thread is no exception. Break Gaia’s rules and you won’t just have a probationary period. You will be reported and banned from the thread. I don’t come into your house and start smashing things and trying to break it apart; don’t do it to mine.
oo2.) Treat others how you wish to be treated.
Simply put, be kind and respectful. People come here to relax, have fun, and make friends. A hostile environment makes those things difficult. Check your personal drama at the door. When in doubt, if you have nothing nice to say, don’t say anything at all. If you have an issue with a particular person in the thread, send me a PM. I will deal with any and all issues personally in a discreet manner.
oo3.) Be yourself.
The object of this thread is to make new friends and to have fun. Don’t put up false fronts to try to earn things or hide who you are because you’re afraid of what people will think. People who use fake personalities to try to win people over tend to get tired of carrying on the show and give up in the end. I want the people who come here to be around for a long time. Furthermore, don’t bother tailoring your speech to try to defend people. If you cuss, you cuss. If you’re straightforward, you’re straightforward. This thread is going to be home to many different types of people, and you need to be respectful and open-minded of that. Just don’t go overboard with it. If you feel a topic is making someone upset or uncomfortable, change the subject. Be mature enough to realize how you affect other people. Likewise, if you don’t like the direction a conversation is going, feel free to ignore it, politely voice your concerns or discomfort, or if it’s something that you’re seriously not okay with, PM me and I will handle it.
oo4.) Be open-minded.
Everyone is different. Everyone likes different things. If someone questions you about your viewpoints on a particular subject, don’t take it as a personal attack. Use it as an opportunity to engage in conversation and learn something. Explain your views and ask about theirs. Keep it mature and civilized. Don’t let it degrade from simple debate into a heated argument. If you have trouble keeping control of it, cut it off politely. If that doesn’t work, ignore the other person’s posts and send me a PM explaining the situation. I will sort it out myself.
oo5.) No spamming.
If you’re going to post, post something that will actually contribute to the thread rather than something that will just take up space. If no one is posting, you can make posts to try to start up conversation, but try to limit them to give people a chance to respond. Please do not bump unless no one is talking and there is a bump contest going on. Furthermore, please do not post advertisements in the thread. Links in your signature are fine, but if you want to tell the world about something, send me a PM. I’d rather post a permanent or semi-permanent link in the affiliates section than have you posting it throughout the thread.
oo6.) Do not page stretch.
Please do not post quote towers. If you quote someone, erase everything except their most recent response. That way when you submit your post, it will have the last thing that they said and then your response. This keeps people from having to scroll down forever to find responses. Also, if you wish to post a picture or something else that is particularly large and might stretch the page, please simply post a link to it. If you post something particularly long, like a snippet of a story or a character biography, please put it beneath a spoiler cut – again, to help avoid massive amounts of scrolling.
oo7.) Do not embed multimedia.
Some people have slow connections or poor browser performance. Also, some videos auto-play, and some people don’t like that. Please be respectful of others, and if you wish to share some sort of media, post a link to it instead.
oo8.) Have fun!
Enjoy the thread. Make new friends. Enter contests. Roleplay. Whatever floats your boat. As long as you’re following the rules, there is no wrong answer.

I reserve the right to add, change, or delete the rules at any time. If you have any questions about the rules, please feel free to ask me. I may be a strict Master, but I am also fair. ;x

Witty Smoker

The Empire of Faerûn

If you need ideas for conversation starters or things to talk about, you came to the right post. Now, these particular topics are things that *I* am interested in. They may not necessarily work for everyone in the thread. But the longer you stick around and the more you get to know people, the better you’ll understand everyone’s different interests. In time, I may add different sections of topics for different people. But for the time being, since I am the only thread regular, these are topics based specifically off my own interests.

BDSM
I live a fully functional 24/7/365 BDSM lifestyle. For clarification, by “fully functional”, I mean that it is not limited to the bedroom. I don’t play a role; I live my life exactly the way it makes me happy. I am a Master with a collared slave – namely, my husband.
Psychology/Mental Disorders
Everyone’s a little bit crazy, whether they have a diagnosed condition or not. I enjoy talking about the things that society considers “issues” with people. I don’t see them so much as “disorders” as different interpretations of reality. Everyone has their own, and that includes myself. You’ll forgive me, though, if I speak about things objectively. I don’t feel like personally pushing my own perspectives on people until I am comfortable with them and feel that we are close enough to share that kind of information. Likewise, I don’t expect you to spill out your soul if you live with a so-called disorder. If anything in a conversation makes you uncomfortable, simply say so. I will gladly back off. I expect people to respect my feelings and privacy, and in return I do the same for them.
Different Lifestyles
BDSM, vanilla, transgender, homosexual, heterosexual, edgy, straight-edge, polyamorous, monogamous. I like talking about different types of lifestyles. I especially like finding the ones that society tries to pretend don't exist.
Books
I do enjoy reading, though I rarely have time to anymore. I’ll read just about anything and everything given the chance, but I particularly enjoy fantasy novels. My favorite book is House of Leaves by Mark Z. Danielewski. My most recently (re-)read book is Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire.
Video Games
I love video games. I’ll give almost anything a chance. My favorite genres are survival horror and fantasy RPG. My favorite games include Haunting Ground, American McGee’s Alice, the Silent Hill series, Chrono Cross, Star Ocean: The Second Story, the Legend of Zelda series, Dynasty Warriors, Soul Calibur, Monster Hunter, City of Heroes/Villains, Black & White 2, and Dance Dance Revolution. My most recently played games include Alice: Madness Returns and DC Universe. I would include Minecraft, but I only played around on a friend’s game. I don’t own it myself yet.
Anime
My selection of anime I watch (and manga I read) is very limited because I’m a little bit picky, but I’m willing to at least talk about different ones if they’re not the kind that I can’t stand. My favorite anime/manga include Attack on Titan, Fullmetal Alchemist, Violinist of Hameln, Hellsing, Yami no Matsuei, Angel Sanctuary, Revolutionary Girl Utena, Wild Rock, Weiss Kreuz, Escaflowne, and Model. Attack on Titan is both my most recently watched anime and most recently read manga. I am currently rewatching Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood.
TV Shows/Movies
I’m also picky with the TV shows and movies I like. I like gory things and psychological thrillers. I love things with crazed plot twists and conspiracies. My favorite movies include Pan’s Labyrinth, Avatar, the Saw series, the Hostel series, Moulin Rouge, Hansel & Gretel, The Lion King, Heavy Metal, Bram Stoker’s Dracula, and many others that aren’t springing to mind at the moment. My favorite TV shows are House MD, American Horror Story, Heroes, and Hell’s Kitchen. Again, I’m sure there are more, but they aren’t springing to mind at the moment. I’m currently rewatching House MD, and watch Heavy Metal every night before bed.
Art
I love art in all its forms. Whether it’s drawing, painting, sculpting, writing, singing, dancing, or making music. Feel free to talk to me about any kind of art.
Music
I have a wide range of music I enjoy. I am very picky when it comes to my personal playlist, as I have high standards for the type of music I wish to fill my life with. However, there is never enough of that type of music, so my iTunes is filled with all kinds of music that I enjoy. (I just classify it lower on the ladder than the songs on my playlist.) I listen to nearly every genre, and will give anything a try once. The music I prefer most, however, is music that has a soul. Real music with real feeling. Songs that bring tears to my eyes or make me feel as if I can fly. Ask me if you’d like examples of these kinds of music, because I have many (but never enough). Otherwise, feel free to talk to me about any type of music. I’m always looking for more to add to my collection.
D&D
Specifically, 3rd edition and 3.5. Not that the editions really matter. I care more about the story than the rules. Those are just the rules I'm most familiar with.

These are just a few of my interests. There are many, many more. So if none of these suit you, feel free to post about anything you’d like. You never know what else I might like that got left out of that list! And since my main goal is conversation anyway, I’ll pretty much talk about anything. But if I think of any other big things I should put up there, I’ll add them as they come to me.

When I have more regulars, they may have their own sections in here. We’ll see how things go.

Witty Smoker

The Empire of Faerûn

If you want to roleplay, this is the post for you. For the time being, I’m keeping it short and sweet. But as I work on the thread more, I will add more to this post as well. The more interest I have, the more detail I will put into the post. I love roleplaying when I have time and people to roleplay with. If it becomes a big enough interest that it starts taking over the thread, I will move it to its own.

For now, this is a semi-literate lazy freeform roleplay. What do I mean by that? I want you to spell out your words and use decent grammar, but I’m not going to nit-pick every little thing. Your post can be as long or as short as you want. I don’t care whether you use action markers or you type out your text. As long as I can tell it’s an RP post and not a regular post, you’re good.
The setting is a multi-functional setting. There are elements from all genres here. There’s fantasy, science fiction, realism, and more all mixed up together in one place. Magic, technology, alchemy – all have a home here. There are humans, angels, demons, dragons, elves, aliens, kemonomimi, and much, much, more. Anything you want to bring in is fine with me. Just no god-modding, no controlling of other people’s characters, and none of that crap where you have your character knowing things that they shouldn’t be able to know. IE, someone puts in the action section of their post that their character is debating stealing something, but the character’s actions don’t make it obvious. You can’t go in and try to prevent them from stealing it. How the hell did your character know they were going to steal it in the first place?
The main location, should you be interested in roleplaying, consists of a large territory. There is the Master’s house, where my OCs all live. It is surrounded by an enchanted forest that is designed to keep out intruders. IE, if one of my characters doesn’t guide you through the forest, something in the forest will kill you. End of story. Only people I invite to the house will be allowed to roleplay within the house.
That aside, however, outside the forest is a semi-modernized town, complete with a nightclub owned by yours truly. It’s your typical medieval-style town as far as the feel, but with more modern construction and technology. Technology and magic go hand in hand, just as humans and other races could live next door to each other. If I’m not roleplaying in the house with someone I specifically invited, I’m most likely in the club. If not, I will specify.

Like I said, it isn’t much for now, but it’s a little something to go off of. The more interest there is and the more I work on the thread, the more detailed and structured this post will become. For now, it’s just a little something for when people are bored. Hopefully though, it will someday be a full-blown legitimate roleplay.

Witty Smoker

The Empire of Faerûn

So, you want to know a little more about me, huh? Well, let me start off by saying that I’m terrible at talking about myself. Like with anything else I talk about, I tend to go off on tangents and ramble and really never say anything interesting or useful. However, I’ll do my best. If you have any questions, though, feel free to ask me. It might help me tailor this down a little bit and make it somewhat neater and more informative.

My name is Faelar. Yes, that is my real name. I prefer to be called Faelar, but if you get close enough that I consider you to be a friend, I might let just “Fae” slide. I’m male, too old to be on Gaia, pansexual, and happily married. I live a full-time BDSM lifestyle in which I am the Master. I currently work a shitty minimum wage job until I complete college. I’ll be majoring in computer programming and minoring in graphic design. I spend most of my time babysitting or at work. In my free time at home when I’m not online, I’m usually drawing, listening to music and singing, playing video games, or watching Netflix. I have two children who live with their mother. My husband and I plan on having children of our own using one of our good friends as a surrogate. We hope for at least four. I have five cats, and in the future when they’ve reached the end of their lifespan, I plan to get a dog, a ferret, a parakeet, and a snake. (Yes, I have had each of those animals before.)
I was born in Germany but moved to the US at a very young age. As such, I had to re-learn German the hard way, and though I am naturally good at it, my vocabulary is lacking. I also enjoy studying other languages. Currently, I know a little French, Spanish, and Japanese. I plan on studying more in the future, but for the time being I don’t have a lot of time for that sort of thing. Same with musical skills. I’m an excellent singer, and I can play a little piano, but I’d like to learn other instruments someday.
I’ve been on Gaia on and off since the beginning. I’ve quit and come back, gone on hiatuses, and everything in between. But the difference when I came back this time is I don’t ever plan on leaving again. I may take a hiatus here and there when things get too hectic IRL and I don’t have time to be online, but I’ll always come back. I met my husband here and there are too many fond memories for me to just leave.
That being said, yes, my husband and I met online, but we are legitimately married and live together IRL.
I’ve never been good at making friends because most people don’t seem to understand me or my points of view on things. As such, I find solace online, and Gaia tends to be the place I spend the most time. I also have a DA and a tumblr (among other things), but I only check non-Gaia sites when I become absolutely bored and fed up with Gaia and need something to entertain me.
I live in a tiny, horrible town in the Midwest right now. When we get on our feet financially, my husband and I plan on moving to a bigger city. Someday, we want to move out of the Midwest and somewhere else we feel more comfortable, but for the time being, we’re stuck here.
I can come off as pretty abrasive at times, but don’t let that fool you. I tend to be a pretty nice guy as long as you don’t give me a reason not to be.

I think that’s good for now. I may go back in and edit it later to make it a little easier to follow the flow. My train of thought is pretty erratic at times. Again, though, if you have any questions, feel free to ask me. I know that a simple post like this is nowhere near enough to encompass a person’s entire personality.

Witty Smoker

The Empire of Faerûn

This post is dedicated to other important people in the thread. They will each have their own little section to talk about themselves and let people get to know them. These people have earned the right to this post by being close to me personally, and I expect you to respect them the same way you respect me.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Asphyxiated_Catharsis
This is my husband. Love him. Respect him.

He hasn’t written anything yet, silly. I just set the thread up.
A piece of advice, though: Call him Catharsis or just Tharsis. He'll get mad if you call him anything else.

More to come? We’ll see. ninja

Witty Smoker

The Empire of Faerûn

This is a post to recognize the people who have contributed to this thread and made it a success. People on this list are greatly loved and should be respected. <3

Faelar Moondown
Is that egotistical? I mean, without me the thread wouldn't be here, right?
Asphyxiated_Catharsis
Because if my husband who supports me unconditionally doesn't deserve to be here, who does?

More will be added the thread grows and as I see fit.

Witty Smoker

The Empire of Faerûn

This post is for people who have broken my rules and are on temporary probation. They will not be allowed to participate in games, contests, giveaways, or special thread events for thirty days from the time they are put on this list.

None yet. Let's keep it that way!

Try not to make it onto this list. Seeing names on this list fills me with violent rage makes me sad.

Witty Smoker

The Empire of Faerûn

This post is currently under construction as I come up with more game and contest ideas (as well as hoard some gold and items for prizes). For now, the prizes are small and the contests simple since the thread is just starting out. The longer the thread goes (and the more I fix it up), the more games I'll add and the better the prizes will become. Check back often, as I plan on adding much more to this post in the future!

Page Contest
The first poster on every 5th page will get an increment of 5k. For example, the first poster on page 5 will get 5k, the first poster on page 10 will get 10k, and so on. It isn't much, but it's free gold. Do not PM me. I will find you and send you your prize.
Page 5 Winner: icywind1980
Page 10 Winner: No one D:

Dice Contest
Roll one 20-sided die. If you get the number 17, PM me with the number of the page you posted on, and I will send you 10k. Again, small prizes for now, but it's free gold.

More contests with better prizes will be added at a later date. These are just to get the ball rolling. If I can't keep people with simple conversation, maybe I can keep them with free gold. Lol.
If you have suggestions for a contest, or wish to hold your own, just send me a PM and we can discuss it.
If you wish to donate to the thread funds for games and contests, please send a trade labeled "Faerunian Contest Funds" so that I know it's for prizes for the thread, and not for my personal quest. If I receive an unlabeled trade, I will PM you asking about it so that I know what it's for. If you have PMs disabled, I will have to cancel the trade. I don't want to make wrong assumptions and put gold in the wrong place.

Witty Smoker

The Empire of Faerûn

This section is for myself and other important thread members to post their current quests. Please do not ask to be added to this section. I will add you if you meet my personal qualifications. If you wish to have your quest thread advertised, PM me and I will add your link to the affiliates section.

Faelar Moondown
Currently questing: Lucifer's Wings
Progress: 33b

Asphyxiated_Catharsis
Currently questing: Fae's quest
Progress: 2b

Completed quests
-> Stellar Halo
-> Kurola

Stick around long enough, and you might get to see your own quest added to this section. If you wish to donate to any of the questers, please send them a trade labeled "Donation from Faerun". That way they know it's a legitimate donation, and they know that you found out about their quest through this thread.

Witty Smoker

The Empire of Faerûn

This is a section for art I've drawn. In the future, I may give out art as prizes for contests, so if you want to see examples, this is the post you'll want to look at.

For now, this post is under construction. I'll add more to it later on.

Witty Smoker

The Empire of Faerûn

This is a section for art that I've bought of my OCs or received as gifts. If you're looking for references to draw my characters, this is the post you'll want to look at.

This post is currently under construction. I'll add various pieces later on.

Witty Smoker

The Empire of Faerûn

This post is for whatever's going on in the thread that's special. Whether it's a special event, recognizing a special person, a giveaway, showing off art, or thanking a donor. Anything that I feel deserves some sort of recognition will be put up here for a certain period of time for everyone in the thread to see.

At the moment, I have nothing special for the spotlight. What will be the first spotlight? Coming soon! Check back to find out!

Witty Smoker

The Empire of Faerûn

This is the post for exchanging links with affiliates. If you'd like to exchange links and be added to this post, just send me a PM. As long as you're in the thread semi-regularly, you're eligible to be here.

Links In
Banners:

[url=http://tinyurl.com/fae-eofht][img]http://i62.tinypic.com/214ulfl.jpg[/img][/url]

Buttons:

[url=http://tinyurl.com/fae-eofht][img]http://i61.tinypic.com/sfcit2.jpg[/img][/url]

Links Out
None yet. PM me to be added!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff