Welcome to Gaia! ::

H-Juan N-Juan
Interesting. I find it rare for someone your age to be so driven both career wise and for a more personal/intimate relationship. When I was 20, I was more worried about what shenanigans to get into next. I suppose that's just a facet of my outgoing personality.

Anyway, you've caught my attention a little. What games do you like to play? What books do you like to read?

I wish I was outgoing. I thought I was an extrovert, since I do crave attention to a degree. But, I'm more introverted it seems.

I'm into RPGs and RTS games. Age of Empires, Dragon Age, Aion, Diablo III, League of Legends, Guild Wars 2. I'm also into board games. Like Monopoly. I usually always win that though...

As for books, I really like the classics they try to get you to read in high school. Like The Catcher in the Rye, Mockingbird, Pride and Prejudice, House on Mango Street. I'm not a super advanced reader per-say.

Wheezing Prophet

Gl friend. Rooting for as I see this post more than anyone on this site. Hope you find happiness.
Dirty Tactical Insertion
Gl friend. Rooting for as I see this post more than anyone on this site. Hope you find happiness.

Wow, thank you man. Good luck to you too.

Wheezing Prophet

Kawaii Sugar Daddy
Dirty Tactical Insertion

Wow, thank you man. Good luck to you too.

emotion_brofist
Kawaii Sugar Daddy
Kawaii Sugar Daddy
Kawaii Sugar Daddy
Kawaii Sugar Daddy
idea

Anxious Smoker

9,700 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • First step to fame 200
Kawaii Sugar Daddy

Why'd you choose history as a major and career choice?
DiaryOfJane
Kawaii Sugar Daddy

Why wouldn't I?

Anxious Smoker

9,700 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • First step to fame 200
Kawaii Sugar Daddy
DiaryOfJane
Kawaii Sugar Daddy

Why wouldn't I?

Okay..let me reword this.
What made you choose history as a major and career choice?
DiaryOfJane
Kawaii Sugar Daddy
DiaryOfJane
Kawaii Sugar Daddy

Why wouldn't I?

Okay..let me reword this.
What made you choose history as a major and career choice?

Well, I could give you a generic... "I love History. And I wanted to do it since I was a little kid." story, but we both know that's a tad fantasy far-fetched (not the Pokemon).

Honestly, I picked History, because I did well with it in high school. I needed a degree that I could handle. There wasn't much career planning put into it at all.

Halfway through the degree I noticed I was really into tutoring, as I took on math tutoring for a STEM group at the school. I liked the feeling of teaching people. So, I looked into teaching. And so, after I finished my degree I tried to get a job in teaching, but lateral entry means you have to be hired first.

So, I couldn't get hired. So, I took a step down on the notch and became a substitute teacher. And now, I'm building up experience and networks so I can move up the education ladder.

Anxious Smoker

9,700 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • First step to fame 200
Kawaii Sugar Daddy

Well, I could give you a generic... "I love History. And I wanted to do it since I was a little kid." story, but we both know that's a tad fantasy far-fetched (not the Pokemon).

Honestly, I picked History, because I did well with it in high school. I needed a degree that I could handle. There wasn't much career planning put into it at all.

Halfway through the degree I noticed I was really into tutoring, as I took on math tutoring for a STEM group at the school. I liked the feeling of teaching people. So, I looked into teaching. And so, after I finished my degree I tried to get a job in teaching, but lateral entry means you have to be hired first.

So, I couldn't get hired. So, I took a step down on the notch and became a substitute teacher. And now, I'm building up experience and networks so I can move up the education ladder.

Sounds like you're on the right track then!
Teaching people in my opinion is hard and can be frustrating.
So that says a lot about your personality by wanting to teach others.
DiaryOfJane
Kawaii Sugar Daddy

Sounds like you're on the right track then!
Teaching people in my opinion is hard and can be frustrating.
So that says a lot about your personality by wanting to teach others.

What are you into?

Anxious Smoker

9,700 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • First step to fame 200
Kawaii Sugar Daddy

What are you into?

In all honesty, I'm not 100% sure.
I went to a community college and got my AA in English because I was good at writing essays and research papers, but once I transferred to bet my BA I decided I didn't love the subject.
Now I'm back at my CC as a biological science major.
I want to do something in microbiology since I work in a microbiology lab, but I'm not sure if that's something I'll want to get my degree in or if I'll even be into it until I actually get to transfer and take classes related to that.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff