Hey look! We got a new poll!!

Yay!! 0.275 27.5% [ 22 ]
Booooo!! 0.0125 1.2% [ 1 ]
No. *boot to the head* Yes. 0.0875 8.8% [ 7 ]
Wait, this place is still alive!? 0.225 22.5% [ 18 ]
Cookies and gold for everybody! 0.4 40.0% [ 32 ]
Total Votes:[ 80 ]

Timid Roisterer

My friend finally finished the scarf she was making for me and I've got it around my neck right now for no practical reason. xD

It's purple and lavender striped and when hung around my neck, both ends reach well below my knees. Exactly what I wanted.

Dapper Dabbler

8,925 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Scarves are cool. I just finally got caught up on the new season of Doctor Who.

And I got this freebie art.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Jeering Codger

Aww <3

Impractically long scarves are the best!

Shadowy Cultist

4,800 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
Wow, there sure is a lot of work for me to do today. (This is a good thing.)
And... I do seem to be taking a break from typing to type some more. Haha, whoops!

@Scarves: Yeah!! The one my aunt knitted for me reaches my ankles. Not practical for walking in deep snow; very practical for being warm. I wear it to church because my church is often unreasonably cold.

@Kumar: Uh, how is the new season?

Iorthol
Interesting premise o-o I like that the vampire leader is ugly instead of sparklesexy. That's a big perk~ I love oogly vamps :3

Oh, same. It gets even better (worse?) when he feeds, because these vampires have fairly horrific mouthparts. No actual fangs.
We don't actually get to see his face until the ninth episode, but there are hints at how awful he is. Like, in the first episode we see his hands and the gross vampire mouthparts, and in the second episode he shows his face to the human who was instrumental in bringing him to New York and the guy nearly has a heart attack.
His voice is pretty alarming, too.

Owl the Eyeless's Significant Otter

Friendly Sweetheart

Ohmgosh I wanna see now xD Is it on netflix?

Shadowy Cultist

4,800 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
I have no idea. I could pm you the link to the site I've been using to watch it on my computer!

Dapper Dabbler

8,925 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
The latest two episodes of DW were pretty great. The other episodes this season have been kinda hit-or-miss. I think the writers are still figuring out how to write the new Doc.

Shadowy Cultist

4,800 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
Ha! I just read an article about how some neuroscientists have questioned the effectiveness of the brain-training games that have become a sort of fad. Apparently there was a study done that suggests that some games that weren't developed specifically for the purpose of cognitive improvement might actually be more effective than games that were.

The study involved students being randomly assigned to play either Portal 2 or games on that Lumosity website, and the ones who played Portal 2 for eight hours scored higher on tests of problem-solving and spatial skill.

I'm 100% convinced that Dishonored could improve problem-solving ability, because you have to navigate a collapsing, hostile city and that frequently requires some creativity. Especially if you're me and you want to get your horrible skeleton hands on every rune while killing as few people as possible.

EDIT: Oh, also, my brother is back home briefly because he had an appointment here in town. You know what is also back? The ammonia smell. neutral

Dapper Dabbler

8,925 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Why does your brother smell like ammonia?

Timid Roisterer

High protein, low carbohydrate diet.

Shadowy Cultist

4,800 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
Aye. The human body prefers to use carbohydrates as an energy source during exercise, but if it doesn't have enough of those it'll go for protein instead. When it breaks proteins down, it produces ammonia as a byproduct. If there's too much ammonia for the kidneys to handle, it's excreted in sweat instead.

At least, I think that's how it works.

So, he doesn't have a balanced diet, he doesn't drink enough water, and he's really lazy about doing laundry. That's why.

Dapper Dabbler

8,925 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Wow... I didn't know there was so much science behind smelling bad. Interesting.
Does your brother drink a lot?

Shadowy Cultist

4,800 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
There's all kinds of science behind smelling bad. Everything is chemicals.
Not that I know of. I haven't smelled alcohol, anyway.
Mom thinks he might be smoking weed, but I don't know what that smells like, so... -shrugs-
I'll tell you what; if I catch him smoking anything in the house, I'm gonna raise hell. My allergies are bad enough already this fall, and my pets have delicate respiratory systems.

In other news, I have a dentist appointment tomorrow, and I don't wanna go!!
It's only a routine cleaning, but... ugh.

Timid Roisterer

These are my two new favorite characters in anything ever.

Smells: I can tell you what weed doesn't smell like and that is ammonia, unless your brother is getting it from one hell of a cheap maker.

Shadowy Cultist

4,800 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
Maybe that's it, then. -shrug- Both my parents seem convinced he's smoking something.
I like the poor diet and hygiene explanation, myself, but there's no reason it can't be something else too.

When my dad and I got back from the dentist, the house smelled like the bat exhibit at the zoo.
Dad was not happy, but he hasn't done anything about it. That is, he opened some windows, but he hasn't talked to my brother yet.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff