Hey look! We got a new poll!!

Yay!! 0.275 27.5% [ 22 ]
Booooo!! 0.0125 1.2% [ 1 ]
No. *boot to the head* Yes. 0.0875 8.8% [ 7 ]
Wait, this place is still alive!? 0.225 22.5% [ 18 ]
Cookies and gold for everybody! 0.4 40.0% [ 32 ]
Total Votes:[ 80 ]

Dapper Codger

My mother succumbed to temptation and bought a Baklava assortment at Aldi today. Mmm. -eats-

O.G. Fatcat

I keep confusing that word with balaklava xD

Well, at least you'd be getting plenty of fibres from a balaklava assortment :3

Dapper Codger

I think that a balaclava would not be as tasty!

So, my brother has to read To Kill a Mockingbird for school, and he's whining about it. Says it's boring. The boy has got to be a changeling or something. But! His complaints reminded me that there is a movie, and it's pretty good. I told my dad that we should get it, because... if I remember correctly, Gregory Peck plays Atticus Finch. That is totally a valid reason, yeah?
Just as long as you don't confuse it with bacalhau (Yes, I have had it and it was quite tasty the way my grandma made it, in mashed potatoes with a ton of fresh parsley and garlic)

My brain is fried... D2 just got Calamari wrestler on a whim, and it's really really weird... The rubber suits are nice, but the guy has a squid-baby at the end...

Dapper Codger

Here is a list of twenty-five awkward cat sleeping positions. You're welcome.

@Jana: Hmm. I'm not a fan of non-oily fish, generally, but if it were salted and dried and mixed with delicious mashed potatoes I would certainly eat it!

Timid Roisterer

Gregory Peck indeed plays Atticus Finch. And it is a completely valid reason to get that movie. Now, I'm not one for black and white movies like that, but Mockingbird is a favorite.

Demi, I hate to say this about a family member of yours, but...that boy ain't right.

Trivia related to To Kill a Mockingbird: There's a video game called The Darkness, an FPS where you play a demon-possessed hitman for the mob. Near the beginning, you visit your girlfriend in her new apartment and sit down to watch a movie on her TV. The movie is To Kill a Mockingbird. The whole movie. I sat through the whole thing while playing the game. >> It isn't required, I just wanted to.
Now that's amazing attention to detail in a game... It's incredible some of the little things they've been adding in lately.

Dapper Codger

I haven't seen To Kill a Mockingbird since my sophomore year in high school when I, too, had to read the book. (I ended up reading it like four times, ahaha.) Pretty much all I remember is the scene where Atticus shoots that rabid dog. Hfff.

And yeah, I think most of my brother's problem is that he is intellectually lazy. Reading is too much work for him. He won't even watch TV shows that encourage you to use your brain. Then he ridicules those of us who do like to exercise our minds.

Speaking of reading, I probably ought to be reading my business management textbook right now, since I have that class tonight and I'm still only on chapter one. It's... not very stimulating.

Hygienic Genius

Shira has been an emotional wreck this week. A few hours ago, I started crying because my cat attacked my foot, and before that I was crying because I don't have money to get Chinese Food. Of course now I'm crying because my application to Walmart was rejected and this is a new all time low for me.
Not to mention Shira is going to die of whatever is making her feel so unwell.

Dapper Codger

I'm sorry you're not feeling well, Shira. I'd climb through the computer and give you a big hug if that were a thing that were physically possible.

Also: Morpheus just attacked the drawstrings on my pajama pants and it was terrifying.
I think he thought they were alive, and he was going in for the kill. And...
my left hand was sort of chillin' on my leg there, so I felt whiskers and teeth and I guess my nervous system thought he was about to take a chunk out of my thumb meats. So, I jerked my hand back and he gave me this ~innocently puzzled~ sort of look.

Demonic Protector

7,525 Points
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
lol, the kitties were cute. Morning all. I actually woke up before 10 today... That's pretty impressive.

4,150 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
Feel better Shira! cat_3nodding
My cat doesn't seem to like doing anything anymore.. she likes to lie on a pillow and sleep all day, then scratch at your leg for food. She used to at least jump on your lap. xD

Dapper Codger

-curls up in a corner-
I'm so tired that I almost fell asleep in the shower just now. I think I'm going to take a nap later this afternoon.
Root canals suck. FML.

Timid Roisterer

They can't be much worse than an infection caused by impacted, cavity-ridden teeth.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff