Wait, this place is still alive!? 0.225 22.5% [ 18 ]
Cookies and gold for everybody! 0.4 40.0% [ 32 ]
Total Votes:[ 80 ]

Quotable Lunatic

8,750 Points
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
Sounds like she has a major inferiority complex. Maybe her mind farted and she simply projected her feelings of insecurity that other people 'bring up' (this may or may not happen and still be 'true') and treated you as if you had been doing it forever. Maybe she confused you for someone else. Maybe she's just truly stupid and doesn't understand constructive criticism, or maybe she's just slightly stupid and doesn't understand constructive criticism.

There are a lot of possibilities but based on your account, it sounds like you followed protocol, went through the proper channels, filled out your forms in triplicate and were exceptionally polite about it. No fault on your there.

Dapper Codger

I'm sorry to hear you're having such difficulty, Shira. I'm sending positive thoughts your way.

In regards to your Facebook story... I personally wouldn't have said anything to this girl, 'cause I tend to be overly cautious with social interaction and since she didn't ask for advice I wouldn't want to offer it.

However! It sounds like you were perfectly polite and helpful and not at all insulting! I doubt I would have been offended had I been in that girl's place. It sounds like maybe she takes herself too seriously. Also, since you said you hadn't talked to her in a while and she accused you of attacking her for months or whatever, maybe she mistook you for someone else somehow...?
Seconding (thirding?) the possibliltiy that she may have mistook you for someone else...

Blehch... There's some sort of storm blowing in, and I'm getting light headed and spacey just sitting on the couch... Hopefully a good night's sleep will help, since I have to be at work and awake enough to use sharp impliments near a living, wiggling critter by 7...
Heya, RIC! Anyone there?

Quotable Lunatic

8,750 Points
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
I am! Haven't seen you in a while!
Yays!! A person!

Yeah...I'm bad about that sweatdrop I haven't actually been on Gaia for a while...

Quotable Lunatic

8,750 Points
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
It's fine. Whatcha been up to?
Not much. Job hunting. Looking into an uncertain future. You know, the usual for graduates of our day and age^.^

Though, I'm excited cause I going to the zoo on Saturday. Yays!!

How have you been? Anything wildly exciting going on? Exciting in a good way, I mean. Not in the Chinese proverb fashion.

Quotable Lunatic

8,750 Points
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
One more quarter before I graduate. I've got a published work. Not much else I can think of.
Oh? Published work? What field/of what persuasion?

So I'm fishing right now, and I love the fact that cans are the easiest thing to catch. Well, I don't know if love is the right word. Maybe loath? But the bubble eyed fish are cute.

Quotable Lunatic

8,750 Points
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
Well, nothing research-related. It's actually a roleplaying setting. Fun stuff. It's a steampunk/dystopian world.

Also Firefox wanted to spellcheck dystopian into utopian, and dystopia into dystrophy, which I find humorous.
But still, you can point to it and go "look, it's me!"

Oh Firefox, are you trying to make a statement? Though it spellchecks the weirdest things. It also doesn't like the use of spellcheck as a single word, does it^.^

Dapper Codger

Hi AFC! I wanna go to the zoo too! You should smuggle me in in your pocket.

Dad and I are going to see Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance tomorrow. Also we might go to a bagel shop for breakfast/brunch. Dad went to this bagel place today and discovered that they had lox. Mmm!

I think I have a pinched nerve. :<

Quotable Lunatic

8,750 Points
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
No it doesn't. And yes, I can point to it and look awesome.

It's also good work. I'm really proud of it. A friend of mine and myself co-designed the whole thing, but he did most of the writing.

Dapper Codger

Oh, congratulations Mega.
I meant to say that in my previous post but I got all excited about lox.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff