Welcome to Gaia! ::

Devout Worshipper

CharmedThree
*Wiggle wiggle*

Greatings Charmed. Did you get bunches of gold from the nudity event this year?

Cheery Conversationalist

Just a quick note:

Mom tried to get up last night by herself and she fell. We called for emergency services and they took her to the hospital. Don't know anything yet. Will let you know something more when we do. Take care everyone. heart

Quaint Bunny

59,925 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Haunted Haute Couture: Cute 200
  • Stellar Lieutenant 200
Shanra the Dragon Bard

Hey Shan, the collective is going to get back into service for halloween. I don't know if there's some colorists from your store which would have time on their hands, but if so, you could have some pets without edits sent in for selling -- which obviously double as publicity for mini shops wink

Note: This actually applies to anyone who might be interested.

Devout Worshipper

lilloulou

Thanks Lou, but I won't be participating this year. I can't even get enough colorists on board for the B/C Convention in December, and will probably have to back out of that as well.

Cheery Conversationalist

This is a little update on my mom's condition.

At first they thought it was just dislocated but then they realized that it was broken. The ball joint was fine but it was the leg bone that broke so they went back in replaced the shaft with a longer stem and replaced the ball joint again. I guess that they had too in order to replace the leg shaft. *shrugs* Anyway, she is going to stay in the hospital for a few days and then she (hopefully) will go into a rehab hospital to get her strength back up. We don't want her coming home even weaker than she was and fall again. She hadn't recovered from the last surgery yet and now to have another one has made it necessary for a transfusion. I hope everything goes alright with that. They haven't asked me to donate any blood but we'll see. She was taken in Tuesday morning and we didn't have a baby sitter so I didn't get to see her until 10:00 p.m. last night after her surgery. We are just so exhausted.

Devout Worshipper

Felina75

Tell me her first name Fel, and I will keep her in my prayers this weekend at church.

Cheery Conversationalist

Shanra the Dragon Bard
Felina75

Tell me her first name Fel, and I will keep her in my prayers this weekend at church.
My mom's name is Sue. Thank you so much Shanra. We really appreciate your prayers. heart

Cheery Conversationalist

Update on my mom...

She is still in physical rehab and will be until at least Wednesday. She's still terrified of falling. While going to physical therapy she twisted her knee and heard a popping sound. They x-rayed it on Sunday but no word yet. She also thinks she's getting pluracy. Ugh. I'm just so glad she's at the hospital right now and not at home. With 4 kids I don't know how much I could be by her side right now.

I hope everyone is doing good.
Shanra~I love your new avi. heart

Devout Worshipper

Felina75

I will continue to keep your mom in my prayers Felina, and thank you! I do love finding new ways to use Cartier.

Cluttered Cutesmasher

I'll keep your mum in my thoughts Felina.

I have a job interview on Thursday! For the Children's Social Care Department in my local town council (local government). I'll be a start to get the experience I need for youth offending work.

It'll be doing thinks like recording risk assessments, child protection cases, and updating them at every stage, arranging contact for children in care with their families, taking/making phone calls for/from social workers, other government organizations etc.

Pay isn't bad, could get a mortgage with it if my fiance's goes up by 2k+ which I should do real soon.
And its within walking distance (paying for parking is a nightmare for town councils!).

I hope I get it, i'm so bored of not working/contributing its starting to have an emotional and mental strain.

Devout Worshipper

The Neon Paradox

I hope you get it as well Neon. Did you get the guild announcement I sent out?
Shanra the Dragon Bard
CharmedThree
*Wiggle wiggle*

Greatings Charmed. Did you get bunches of gold from the nudity event this year?
Yes. How are you?

Quaint Bunny

59,925 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Haunted Haute Couture: Cute 200
  • Stellar Lieutenant 200
Felina75
Update on my mom...

She is still in physical rehab and will be until at least Wednesday. She's still terrified of falling. While going to physical therapy she twisted her knee and heard a popping sound. They x-rayed it on Sunday but no word yet. She also thinks she's getting pluracy. Ugh. I'm just so glad she's at the hospital right now and not at home. With 4 kids I don't know how much I could be by her side right now.

Ouchie... that seems terrible if she keeps breaking her bones like that. Did she got tested for Osteoporosis? While they can't do much, one can at least make sure to take enough calcium (and maybe some other vitamins) to help stay away from too much fractures confused

Cheery Conversationalist

lilloulou
Felina75
Update on my mom...

Ouchie... that seems terrible if she keeps breaking her bones like that. Did she got tested for Osteoporosis? While they can't do much, one can at least make sure to take enough calcium (and maybe some other vitamins) to help stay away from too much fractures confused

No. No one had tested her, I think because it had only been 2 years since her previous hip replacement and all looked fine then. She had her right hip replaced in 2012. I'm not really sure if it's Osteoporosis or Osteomalacia. The latter is due to lack of Vitamin D.

They didn't find anything on the x-ray so I think it was just sprained a little. The thing that they're worried about now is that her incision is seeping. They ran a culture on it this morning but we haven't heard anything yet.

Cheery Conversationalist

The Neon Paradox
I'll keep your mum in my thoughts Felina.

I have a job interview on Thursday! For the Children's Social Care Department in my local town council (local government). I'll be a start to get the experience I need for youth offending work.

It'll be doing thinks like recording risk assessments, child protection cases, and updating them at every stage, arranging contact for children in care with their families, taking/making phone calls for/from social workers, other government organizations etc.

Pay isn't bad, could get a mortgage with it if my fiance's goes up by 2k+ which I should do real soon.
And its within walking distance (paying for parking is a nightmare for town councils!).

I hope I get it, i'm so bored of not working/contributing its starting to have an emotional and mental strain.

*glomps* Where have you been?

Thank you Neon! I really appreciate it. emotion_hug

Good luck with your interview! Tell us how it goes.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff