Welcome to Gaia! ::

Devout Worshipper

Felina75
Shanra the Dragon Bard

Yeah, thanks. You can't really see them all, but I know they're there.
The only one I can't see is Fallen Wish.

Look right above Shade's head, and you will see the head of the white dragon from that item.

Cheery Conversationalist

Shanra the Dragon Bard

Look right above Shade's head, and you will see the head of the white dragon from that item.
Ah yes. cat_ninja I see his cute little nose and part of an eye. lol. It is hard to see him though. I need to reacquaint myself with his poses. cat_ninja

Cluttered Cutesmasher

Felina75
The Neon Paradox
I'm glad you're not in much pain, but a cramp is a cramp. What room are you working on now? Have you had any mishaps with your babies and paint?

ninja ninja Call in sick? lol. That only works once. ninja

I'm still working on my dining room. I had been waiting forever for my parents to give me white paint because we ran out. I went and got some myself yesterday because the kittens knocked the radiator over that I have off the wall at the moment, so I really needed to white and then paint the space where the radiator will go so it can go back on asap.

Until our fridge and freezer sells I have one wall that I can't even started yet, I have no where else to put them, but its getting there. All walls that i've painted in the dining room so far are finished, except one which I will finish today. All the skirting boards that are down have been done except one and i'll do that one today too.

Yeah there has been some mishaps with paint. And its always Ace, even yesterday he decided to sniff my paintbrush when I put it down and got a spot of paint on his nose. I had to hold him down and get it off, he thought I was playing. Another time I just looked around and he had some on the side of his face.

Well i'll get the time off somehow. I'm hoping to look a contract whenever I see this manager so I know where I stand with interviews/potentially starting permanent work.

Cheery Conversationalist

The Neon Paradox
It sounds like it's coming along nicely.

Those mischievous kittens. How long now until they can go outside?

I hope they will be flexible with you. It would make working for them a lot easier.

Cheery Conversationalist

Shanra the Dragon Bard
grabbed your booty, Shanra! 530~510.

Cluttered Cutesmasher

Felina75
The Neon Paradox
It sounds like it's coming along nicely.

Those mischievous kittens. How long now until they can go outside?

I hope they will be flexible with you. It would make working for them a lot easier.

Its slowly getting there, i'll just be happy when its finished.

Tomorrow! I need my fiance's help to flea them tonight and then my dad should be over to fit the cat flap tomorrow. My fiance finishes work early on friday and when he's back we can supervise them in the garden. I need to go and check the fencing is good enough on one side, that next door that have a (horrible) dog.

I hope so, I mean its not a permanent job and they can't ask me to risk my future career over something like that.

Cheery Conversationalist

The Neon Paradox
Neon. I saw these and thought of your boys.

Cat Shelves and more on Etsy

Cheery Conversationalist

I finally got Spike!

Quaint Bunny

59,925 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Haunted Haute Couture: Cute 200
  • Stellar Lieutenant 200
You know you think too much like your sis when... you post things which are similar right next to the other in the same thread without even consulting the other one.

Crazy, right?

Devout Worshipper

Felina75
Neon. I saw these and thought of your boys.

Cat Shelves and more on Etsy

Oh my gosh! Our kittens would love those! I don't know if our walls would hold them up though. The first time one of them jumped on one, it would probably fall off the wall.

Cluttered Cutesmasher

Cute shelves Felina!

In a bit of a conundrum and I don't know what to do. I went for this meeting with the manager for this temporary job and yeah all was fine, I was happy to accept the job. I accepted the job through the agency, and then got told I have to pay my own parking. At a cost at... £5.90 a day! I'll only be earning £7.11 an hour.

Anyway, I asked the women in the agency over email about parking permits, and she would ignore my question every time. The last time I asked I basically put that I know they do permits and are they an option for me. She sent me an email back telling me not to come in Monday...

So now i'm not sure if I should tell her to stick her job, and inform the manager I should of been working for that I didn't say no to the position (i'm sure that is what they were tell her) that I was told not to come in, OR basically suck up so I can have the job.

I just have a lot of concerns, if they are acting like this now then what are they gunna be like when they pay me? If they decide to pay me at all, nothing would surprise me at all now. And the cost of the parking plus fuel means I spend about 1/3 of my wages on getting to work. I also won't get paid until August 31st, so it all has to come out of my pocket and I don't know if I can afford that. I have to pay my car insurance, tax and MOT before I get paid too, leaving me pretty much nothing at all for food.

Cheery Conversationalist

The Neon Paradox
Cute shelves Felina!

In a bit of a conundrum and I don't know what to do. I went for this meeting with the manager for this temporary job and yeah all was fine, I was happy to accept the job. I accepted the job through the agency, and then got told I have to pay my own parking. At a cost at... £5.90 a day! I'll only be earning £7.11 an hour.

Anyway, I asked the women in the agency over email about parking permits, and she would ignore my question every time. The last time I asked I basically put that I know they do permits and are they an option for me. She sent me an email back telling me not to come in Monday...

So now i'm not sure if I should tell her to stick her job, and inform the manager I should of been working for that I didn't say no to the position (i'm sure that is what they were tell her) that I was told not to come in, OR basically suck up so I can have the job.

I just have a lot of concerns, if they are acting like this now then what are they gunna be like when they pay me? If they decide to pay me at all, nothing would surprise me at all now. And the cost of the parking plus fuel means I spend about 1/3 of my wages on getting to work. I also won't get paid until August 31st, so it all has to come out of my pocket and I don't know if I can afford that. I have to pay my car insurance, tax and MOT before I get paid too, leaving me pretty much nothing at all for food.

That's horrible, Neon. I don't even know where to start with that situation. Didn't you say that you have a family member that works for that same company? I would ask them what they think about it. Did they have the same problems?

I don't know if you can afford that kind of run around. I mean it almost sounds as though you have to have money to make money. rolleyes I'm sorry.

If it were me, I'd make copies of all the emails, then go in and try to talk to the one you had the interview with (Is she the boss?), then try to discuss it with them by telling them your situation. If they say there's no proof then you have your printouts so you can ask them what the problem is. I'm just really sorry about that. Will a bad result go onto your working record? Will it hurt a possible future position with a different company?

Cluttered Cutesmasher

Felina75
The Neon Paradox
Cute shelves Felina!

That's horrible, Neon. I don't even know where to start with that situation. Didn't you say that you have a family member that works for that same company? I would ask them what they think about it. Did they have the same problems?

I don't know if you can afford that kind of run around. I mean it almost sounds as though you have to have money to make money. rolleyes I'm sorry.

If it were me, I'd make copies of all the emails, then go in and try to talk to the one you had the interview with (Is she the boss?), then try to discuss it with them by telling them your situation. If they say there's no proof then you have your printouts so you can ask them what the problem is. I'm just really sorry about that. Will a bad result go onto your working record? Will it hurt a possible future position with a different company?

I have a family member who works as an emergency duty social worker, but it isn't the lady who I would be working for giving me grief, its an admin assistant for the agency. It isn't really a company, its our local government. It wouldn't hurt if I worked in another department for the local government as they don't have contact with each other. Even Adult Social Care and Children Social Care have no contact with each other. And my employment is through the agency, not directly with the women I would work for. That wouldn't stop them thinking bad of me though.

I asked my dad's cousin and she said from experience, they probably don't have the permissions in place to employ me, given the nature of what I will be dealing with (safeguarding cases etc).

I am worried that if I applied for another job in adult social care that they will think bad of me, which is why I intend to clear my name so that isn't the case. I just don't know if I should take the job or not, giving what they've been like already and the money side of it. I'm tempted to take it to her manager to be honest for being an idiot, and I will tell the lady I spoke to the truth. They might employ me outside of the agency.

Cheery Conversationalist

Well here's all the excitement today. I had my Trade Pass suspended due to HYYPE. She bought 3 items from me in the MP.

Here's what happened.

Then an explanation from HYYPE.

Quaint Bunny

59,925 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Haunted Haute Couture: Cute 200
  • Stellar Lieutenant 200
Felina75
Well here's all the excitement today. I had my Trade Pass suspended due to HYYPE. She bought 3 items from me in the MP.

Here's what happened.

Then an explanation from HYYPE.

*facepalm*

You find an exploit, you don't use it -- you report it from the start.

Looks like some of the staff with have some extra work to do next week to cleanup that mess too sweatdrop

And here I was gonna ask if any of you had some octopus on your head which they wanted to be changed into a rainbow octopus so we could be rainbow octopus + bunny slippers club for a few days or maybe I just wanted to use some of those caches & try to level up a little ahha

Edit: Doesn't seem to be directly affected by all that. Honestly hope I'm not -- that's would be really annoying.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff