Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fashionable Rogue

10,650 Points
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300

Jack: The only Stranger you can take candy from. =D

THIS THREAD IS DEAD. PLEASE DO NOT POST IN THIS THREAD. I AM TRYING TO LET IT DIE. I NO LONGER AM RUNNING THIS AND I DO NOT WISH FOR IT TO GO ON ANYMORE. I ONLY KEEP THESE POSTS UP TO SERVE AS A LITTLE HISTORY TO WHAT HAPPENED WHEN GAIA WASN'T THE TERRIBLE PILE OF CRAP IT IS NOW. YOU KNOW, WHEN THESE EVENTS AND NPCS ACTUALLY MATTERED.

NO PMS PLEASE. I DO NOT CARE. PLEASE JUST KEEP ANY OPINIONS TO YOURSELF AND MAKE YOUR OWN JACK FANTHREADS IF YOU WANT, YOU DON'T NEED MY APPROVAL TO DO SO. I HATE TO SOUND SO MEAN, BUT I'M SICK OF EVERYONE COMING TO ME WITH A HUNDRED PMS EVERY HALLOWEEN ASKING ME IF THIS CRAP IS STILL GOING ON AND REVIVING THIS THREAD.

User Image

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

-------------------------

User Image
Introduction: Hey you may know me as the creator of, well... this thread. Well, i decided to make my first ever Fanthread, and why not pick my favorite NPC/Gaia character (whatever you may call him.). Jack is indeed my favorite NPC, Why? He sparks my curiosity, since my first Halloween (H2K4) I have wanted to know what he is, where he comes from, and yet i know it's all fictious i want to know his origin. So i decided to make a fanthread of him. Although he only appears once a year, I anticipate it. Ofcourse who could hate someone/thing that gives away free stuff? This is not just a place for Jack but also For Hallwoeen, and upcoming events. So join in the conversation!

---------------------------------------------------

Index:
1. Introduction + Updates
2. Jack
3. Halloween Events
4. Jack Items
5. Theories
6. Fan Works
7. Extra Stuff
8. More Extra Stuff
9. Banners
10. Credits + Links
11. The Public Speaks!

--------------------

7/9/05: Thread under construction. sweatdrop
7/10/05: Thread open to help and public! 3nodding
7/10/05: Got a banner! Plus updated the Jack 03' items list. Thanks everyone. ^^;
7/10/05: By popular demand i have added a fan list, read the 10th post for more details.
7/11/05: Completely finished with Jack items! Thanks everyone who helped.
7/11/05: TONS OF UPDATES! plus Jacked help and Fan list/Regulars sections! wink
7/12/05: Added Banners post where Credits was. Moved credits to end, that's where they belong ofcourse. 3nodding + Photobucket is being a major a**.... if my pictures aren't unred xed in 3 dayes i will change it to something that actually host pictures. neutral
7/13/05: 100 pages!!! surprised This marks MY biggest and fastest moving thread i have ever made. Rock on!
7/14/05: We have obtained the Jacked-up fanguild. exclaim
9/4/05: I'm sorry but i had to take down the fanlist, i am getting really busy and i'm not going to be on as much as i was able when i started it. 8/25/06: Ok. I felt bad so i decided i'd bring it back, WITH A VENGENCE.
10/3/06: Halloween is on the way! The countdown to halloween so far is 28 dayes!
11/3/06: lol... I missed the halloween event. I'll update later, i'm tired right now....
10/19/07: Back In the saddle, Halloween Growing near my friends. >:3
10/31/07: Updated a bunch and added "Public Speaks column"
10/27/08: Gave my honest opinion of the event. Enjoy.

Fashionable Rogue

10,650 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
User Image
Jack

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User ImageUser ImageUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Jack (pictured above) is a mysterious thing. Always seeming to show up at night on the Halloween season. Jack seems to have large stocks of items just ready to hand out to anyone that satisfies his tastes with candy. Halloween 2k3 introduced Jack to the Gaian public. Users would have to Get three types of candies in certain orders to get a certain grabbag of 8 grabbags. GCT was not introduced in 2k3 however, meaning Jack was free anytime, however you had to find him first. Jack leaves mysteriously after every major Halloween season, leaving behind his generosity until next year. In H2K4 he returned sporting more items for more candy, using the same system you were able to cater to his variety of 8 grabbags. This time however Jack only appeared at night, making him only avaible for short periods of time. However, Jack may be more than this. Noone knows this mysterious thing, he never makes a true public (forum posts, etc.) appearance beyond taking candy. Still Jack is covered in a blanket of mysteries that will hopefully someday be unveiled. From 2005 we found out he really is an entity of a holiday and lived in a land inhabited by other holiday Icons. His best friend is Santa Claus and he ruined the Easter bunny's face. ^^ Awesome. Apparently Jack likes to avoid Conflict as he stayed out of the fight on 2k7, yet he had no problem with any other fights in the past? Maybe he doesn't like vampires? We saw that he is also capable of emotion seeing as he shed tears because of his conflict with his friend Santa. We also know he's one bad a** guy that can use unimaginable strength.

Some suspect that under his black clothes is just a skeleton seeing as he is so skeletal in frame. Though, we don't know. Probably never will.
Jack is the absolute incarnation of Halloween. And apparently he has to replace his pumpkin head ever so often because it gets mushy. This is also the reason he doesn't come out any other time of the year.

User Image

Fashionable Rogue

10,650 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
User Image
Halloween Events

Halloween 2k3: Gaia's first year celebrated Halloween wonderfully. Truthfully i can't say how fun it was seeing as i Joined in 04' i do know however that it was one of the first fun breakthroughs in events. Jack ofcourse made his first appearance through giving out grabbags filled with Jacked-up items. Ofcourse what better to celebrate Halloween then with it's own Forum and Paper bags! This truly set a high expectance for next Halloween.
User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

--------------------------------------

Halloween 2k4: Gaia's favorite time event of the year reinvented itself incredibly. This year's event was held in Gambino's Mansion. Ofcourse Halloween wasn't Halloween on Gaia without Jack. This time he sported Really Jacked up items for the Users of Gaia. But far more was added into this event, beyond Jack laid the G-CORP. And whatelse was better than picking up candy than blowing off some Zombie's heads. Yes, This event was truly not one to miss. It incorpirated the first type of minigame to Gaia! Between being a zombie and being normal it truly was one of the best events to date on Gaia.
User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

------------------------------------

Halloween 2k5: A Big halloween event this year. Ofcourse it had the traditional Mansion party thrown by Gino and the good ole trick or treating. Though this year the Grunnies got their go at the Halloween times and began infecting everyone that posted a bunch in the mansion. It gave birth to the Grombies and to the adorable grunny items. It also began a conflict between Jack and Santa. Jack's first Storyline! The jacked up thread hit the Admins!
User ImageUser Image

-----------------------------------------------

Halloween 2k6: This year it was all about aliens. Aliens known as the zurg came to gaia and raised some hell. Many plot workings went into this event and the admins even reprised the Halloween 2k4 shooting type mini game in the gambino mansion. It was easily one of the biggest events for gaia and as usual Jack came with some new treats for the gaia public.
User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image
User Image

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Halloween 2k7: This year went all out of it's way to impress the Gaian users. With an idea that's been circulating around Gaia for 2 years, Vampires finally strike Gaia! Once again we greased up our clicking fingers and went to town blowing people away. The storyline for this event was deep and was followed up with a wonderous development that went into the code of the battle. Users would pick either human or Vampire and duke it out in a free for all for items and bragging rights. Like the water festival before it, this event was massive and well detailed. It certainly overshadowed many events before it's time. It was so intense that even Jack himself stayed out of the fight! Marking the first year that Jack wasn't present on Trick or treating. However we weren't truly jackless, as he had made Gaia Towns into a glorious safe haven for Gaia towns trick or treating. This year was especially appealing to me. I finally got an item i've wanted on Gaia for over 2 years, The Chainsaw! Thanks Admins!
User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

Halloween 2k8: For the first time in Gaia history, a Halloween event disappointed me. I'm ofcourse speaking of this year which really just lowered my expectations by alot. Call me negative, but this is how I see it:
This year reinvents last years fight system, this time with four races to pick from. Special abilities for all and 5 special items for each. That's all fine and good, and though alot of work probably went into it just comes off as being Rushed. Just being pushed while the admins continue to make evolution items and cash shop junk in order to make more money. Something of which has happened since the release of the Cash shop last year. The event seems to have been just a last minute project, and though they have more stuff they're working on they still just seemed to forget the best time of year. This year there wasn't much if any plot leading up to the event... you basically just fight for no cause as you get the unsatisfied feeling that you've done this crap before.
Unlike earlier years, where race introductions were the highlights of the event no one seemed to be surprised with the (horrible) reincarnation of the zombie and the warcraft-knock-off dark elves. That sole thing pretty much sums up the entire event... no one was surprised, No one cared. That's possibly the worst part. In the past we've always been surprised... we always looked forward to the halloween event... this year, we just sighed as we started clicking.
Sign number two of this catastrophe... the cash shop was pushing almost everything. And you can even tell Gaia has literally turned themselves into a sellout when you receive "Skittles" instead of the normal candy from trick or treating. Which was another shot to the event: Yet again Jack was not present other than in towns (Which continues to be the most useless place to hold events...). Trick or treating also lost the strategy that made it so fun. Getting candy and finding jack to get your orize. Instead they save their time by just getting items straight from the Store NPCs after getting 15 "Skittles". Not even in a grab bag... just the item. You can also tell since the NPCs are wearing the same costume they've had for 3 years, and not all the NPCs even have one. Did the NPC artist get a week off?
Third, the jack set this year was terrible. It's gotta be hard to come up with ideas... after 5000+ items you run out of ideas, but once more the set comes off as 'rushed'. It was just... lame. Usually it was noobs wearing the Jack items that made them bad, but this time they were just bad in general. What more to condemn themselves than by making any good item a cash shop item. That's my biggest problem with this. Gaia dosn't do it for fun anymore, they do it for the money. This compares nowhere to the events of the past (save for the horror of H2k5). Users continue to grow stupid as Gaia continues to beg for money for pixelated items and it just sucks. This is my honest opinion, I think the good events of Gaia have come and gone. Let this years Halloween set an example for future events, Crap. However I have to look at this in another way. It was slightly enjoyable with the simplified fighting system, and some the attacks and buffs were laughable.

Fashionable Rogue

10,650 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
User Image
Jack items

-----------------------------

User Image
Non-event Jack Items

User ImageJack's Inner tube - Available at Gambino Outfitters. A inflatable innertube in the visage of Jack's greatness. Put it around your waist and have a blast this Halloween in the pools of blood on Halloween night! Equippable on Waist.
Description - Pay tribute to your favorite big scary orange guy. No, not Carrot Top. *shudder*

User ImageJack Snorkel & Mask - Available at Barton Boutique. Not quite anything to do with Jack other than the name and Color, but hey... Equippable on teh Face.
Description - This mask and snorkel combo serves three purposes: to help you see in the water, to let you breathe, and to make you look really dumb.

User ImageJack's Bat clip - Free with purchase from Cash shop. What's this? The very first multiple use Jack item! A cool Jack-esque clip that works as a Black/orange bow and belt. A definite reason to buy from the Cash shop on Halloween 2k7. Equippable on Head & Waist.
Description - Dun dun dun dun dun dun dun dun BAT CLIP!

User Image
H2K3 Jack Items

Candy combo's
Grab bag 1 = Lemon + Raspberry + Blueberry
Grab bag 2 = Lemon + Raspberry + Lime
Grab bag 3 = Lemon + Grape + Blueberry
Grab bag 4 = Lemon + Grape + Lime
Grab bag 5 = Cherry + Raspberry + blueberry
Grab bag 6 = Cherry + Raspberry + Lime
Grab bag 7 = Cherry + Grape + Blueberry
Grab bag 8 = Cherry + grape + Lime

User ImageJack's Grab bag - 8 of these items were handed out from Jack in 2003. Certain orders of candies resulted in different grabbags, certain grabbags contained certain items.
Description - A mysterious bag given to you by JACK himself... there seems to be something moving inside! O_O

User ImageJack's Anger - Obtainable through Jack's Grab bag 5 . This is a pumpkin Head showing Jack's Anger that is equippable to your Avatar's head.
Description - A mask shaped in the visage of Jack's Anger.

User ImageJack's Despair - Obtainable through Jack's Grab bag 6. This pumpkin head depicts Jack's despair. It is equipptable to your avatar's head.
Description - A mask shaped in the visage of Jack's Despair.

User ImagePumpkin Stump - Obtainable through Jack's Grab bag 7. This Pumpkin stump is equiptable to the top of your Avatar's Head, sporting a quite snazzy looking hat.
Description - A hat made out of the best organic pumpkin one can find.

User ImageKandy Korn Hat - Obtainable through Jack's Grab bag 8. Wear the stereotypical Halloween treat of trick's on your head. Equiptable to Avatar's head.
Description - You hated it as a little kid... and now you can wear it on YOUR HEAD!

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Jacked-up Shirt - Obtainable through Jack's Grab bag 1. This shirt has a print of it's former owner on it, which is equiptable as a shirt on your Avatar.
Description - Dark shirt with a Jack-o-Lantern print.

User ImageJacked-up gloves - Obtainable through Jack's Grab bag 4. These gloves have pictures of their previous owners on them and are equipted on hands of Avatars as gloves.
Description - Dark gloves with a Jack-o-Lantern print.

User ImageJacked-up Pants - Obtainable through Jack's Grab bag 3. These pants have pictures of their previous owner on each leg. These are obtainable on your avatar as pants.
Description - Dark pants with a Jack-o-Lantern print.

User ImageJacked-Up Shoes - Obtainable through Jack's Grab bag 2. These are weird yet snazzy looking pumkins that are equiptable as shoes for your Avatar.
Description - Peculiar shoes with the texture and feel of a pumpkin.

User Image
H2K4 Jack Items

Candy combo's
Grab bag 1 = Lemon + Raspberry + Blueberry
Grab bag 2 = Lemon + Raspberry + Lime
Grab bag 3 = Lemon + Grape + Blueberry
Grab bag 4 = Lemon + Grape + Lime
Grab bag 5 = Cherry + Raspberry + blueberry
Grab bag 6 = Cherry + Raspberry + Lime
Grab bag 7 = Cherry + Grape + Blueberry
Grab bag 8 = Cherry + grape + Lime

User ImageJack's Grab bag 2K4 - 8 of these Grab bags were handed out from Jack at Halloween 2004, Certain grabbags would contain certain jack items. Certain grabbags were obtained by the different order candy was in when giving it to Jack.
Description - A mysterious bag given to you by JACK himself... there seems to be something moving inside! O_O

User ImageJack's Disgust - Obtainable through Jack's Grab bag 2k4 5. This pumpkin head signified Jack's Disgust. It is equiptable to your avatar's head as a sort of mask.
Description - A mask shaped in the visage of Jack's disgust.

User ImageJack's joy - Obtainable through Jack's Grab bag 2k4 6. This Pumpkin head signified Jack's Rather disturbing Joy. It is a mask that is equiptable to your avatar's head.
Description - A mask shaped in the visage of Jack's joy.

User ImageJacked up Cape - Obtainable through Jack's Grab bag 2k4 7. This rather awesome torn cape is equiptable to your avatar's shoulders.
Description - A dark, ripped up cape.

User ImageReally Jacked up Shirt - Obtainable through Jack's Grab bag 2k4 1. This torn and strange shirt has a cool pumpkin pattern in the middle and is equiptable as a shirt on your avatar.
Description - Dark ripped up top with a Jack-o-Lantern print.

User ImageThe Jack-et - Obtainable through Jack's Grab bag 2k4 8. This strange pumpking shouldered ripped up jacket is equiptable to your avatar as a jacket.
Description - Dark ripped up coat with a Jack-o-Lantern print.

User ImageReally Jacked up Gloves - Obtainable through Jack's Grab bag 2k4 4. These rather cool looking jack-o-lantern printed torn gloves are equiptable to your avatar's hands.
Description - Dark, ripped up gloves with a Jack-o-Lantern print.

User ImageReally Jacked up Pants - Obtainable through Jack's Grab bag 2k4 3. These ripped up pants have cool pumpkin prints on each leg. These pants are equiptable to Avatar's legs.
Description - Dark, ripped pants with a Jack-o-Lantern print.

User ImageJacked up boots - Obtainable through Jack's Grab bag 2k4 2. Cool ripped up boots with Jack-o-lantern prints on each boot. Equiptable to your avatar's feet.
Description - Dark boots made of strange pumpkin material.

--------------------------------------

User Image
H2K5 Jack Items

User ImageJack's Grab bag 2k5 - These were the grabbags given out by Jack upon the certain preconditions during Halloween 2005.

User ImageJack Uniform Cap - A Stylish Uniform Cap of orange and black. Epuippable to head.
Description - A cap fashioned with jack o lantern details.

User ImageJack Visor - A stylish pumpkin eyed orange mask. Equippable to eyes.
Description - Strange glasses fashioned after the shape of a pumpkin.

User ImageJack Uniform Coat - A stylish orange and black uniform coat. Equippable to torso.
Description - Uniform coat fashioned with jack o lantern details. It seem to have a dark aura around it.

User ImageJack Uniform shirt - A stylish orange and black uniform style turtleneck. Equippable to torso.
Description - Uniform shirt fashioned with jack o lantern details. They seem to have a dark aura about them.

User ImageJack Uniform gloves - Stylish black and orange gloves. Equippable to hands.
Description - Strangely fashioned gloves that seem to have a dark aura about them.

User ImageJacked Belt - A black belt with a cool pumpkin buckle. Equippable to waist.
Description - A dark belt with a Jack-o-Lantern buckle.

User ImageJack Uniform Pants - Slick black and orange pants. Equippable to legs.
Description - Uniform pants fashioned with jack o lantern details. They seem to have a dark aura about them.

User ImageJack Uniform Shoes - Stlish black and orange shoes. Equippable to feet.
Description - Strangely crafted shoes with a dark aura about them.

User ImagePumpkin Ghost Sheet - Following the new item at the time, the Refurbished sheet, Jack gave out a pumpkin ghost sheet. Equippable to body.
Description - Jack Sheet.

User Image
H2K6 Jack Items

User ImageJack's Grab bag 2k6 - These were the grab bags given out by Jack upon the certain preconditions during Halloween 2006.

User ImageJack'd Hat - The head piece of 2006. Obtainable from Grab bag 2k6 #8. Made to look like a flashy wizard type hat, perhaps a calling to the Harry potter Sorting Hat fans? Equippable to the Head.
Description - No wonder they say you are so jack'd in the head.

User ImageJack'd Mask - The mask of 2006. Obtainable from Grab bag 2k6 #6. Definitely a homage of Spiderman's mask, this mask is a true fashion statement for Bank robbers with a sense of style. :3 Equippable to the Head.
Description - Spiders really creep me out. Don't ask me why I am bringing this up right now.

User ImageJack'd Cape 2k6 - The Cape of 2006. Obtainable from Grab bag 2k6 #7. A good pointy black and orange cape. Perhaps one of the best capes on Gaia. AND IT WAS FREE! Equippable as a cape...
Description - I would say you are quite CAPE-able of scaring people with this CAPE.

User ImageJack'd Sweater 2k6 - The Shirt of 2006. Obtainable from Grab bag 2k6 #4. A nice long Orange and Black sweater to cover up those "I love Jack" Tattoos you've engraved on your arms. Afterall, your parent would kill you if they saw those =X Equippable as a shirt.
Description - A warm sweater for a creepy night... almost suffocating you might say.

User ImageJack'd Gloves 2k6 - The Gloves of 2006. Obtainable from Grab bag 2k6 #5. Nice pointy orange & black gloves perfect for giving people black eyes. Equippable on Hands.
Description - Large and clumsy, one might wonder if these claws could actually harm a fly.

User ImageJack'd Skirt 2k6 - The Waist item of 2006. Obtainable from Grab bag 2k6 #3. Sexy pointy orange & black skirt, just long enough to cover and leave to the imagination. Have your love partner saying "Trick or treat...?" this Halloween. ;P Equippable on Waist.
Description - Trick or Treat! Smell my *bleep*

User ImageJack'd Pants 2k6 - The pants item of 2006. Obtainable from Grab bag 2k6 #2. Very slick Black & orange spiky pants. They make a good statement, "I'm a little bit punk and a little bit psycho" Equippable on Legs.
Description - The only treats you'll find inside aren't good for you.

User ImageJack'd Shoes 2k6 - The Shoes item of 2006. Obtainable from Grab bag 2k6 #1. Pointy Black & orange shoes. Dissect your foes genitalia when you kick them in the groin! Perfect for using on your abusive boyfriend. Equippable on feet.
Description - Walking in shoes like these will ensure your feet are jack'd for years to come!

User Image
H2K7 Jack Items

User ImageJack's Grab bag 2k7 - The new Grab bag of 2007. This time they weren't handed out by Jack himself, as he kept himself from the Vampire tussle. However, he still made them just for us.
Description - An oddly shaped pumpkin bag that radiates Jack's own dark aura. There seems to be something inside o_o!

User ImageBaby Jack Mask - The pumpkin head of 2007. After the absence of a pumpkin head the past two years, Gaia makes up for it with Jack's baby head. Kinda creepy if you ask me. Obtainable from Grab bag 2k7 #1. Equippable to the Head.
Description - An endearing mask of baby Jack. How cute ;o;

User ImageJack's 2k7 Pumpkin Beret - The pumpkin hat of 2007. The 03 pumpkin stumps illegitimate-military minded cousin, the pumpkin beret! Obtainable from Grab bag 2k7 #4. Equippable to the Head.
Description - Putting a pumpkin on your head is one thing. However if a pumpkin grew on your head.. then there may be a problem.

User ImageJack's 2k7 Pumpkin Earrings - The pumpkin accessory of 2007. Finally something to mix in with those Green and Orange styles, rejoice Avi enthusiasts! Obtainable from Grab bag 2k7 #2. Equippable to the Ears.
Description - These earrings give us a glimpse into Jack's softer side. o_o;;;;

User ImageJack's 2k7 Headphones - The 2nd pumpkin accessory of 2007. Those who like Scary music will have a blast with these shiny Pumpkin Headphones. Obtainable from Grab bag 2k7 #8. Equippable to the Ears.
Description - Pump it up with these twin pumpkins, they put the boom in the tomb~!!!

User ImageJack's 2k7 Pumpkin Ballgown - The 3rd pumpkin accessory of 2007. Something new, a Dress made by Jack. Though... if it was made with leaves lets hope it doesn't fall apart during something important. >_>; Obtainable from Grab bag 2k7 #6. Equippable to the Body.
Description - This gown hides your balls.

User ImageJack's 2k7 Armor Plate - The body part of 2007. Armor made for the army of Jack! With this armor we fight against the non-believers! Obtainable from Grab bag 2k7 #7. Equippable to the Body.
Description - A chestplate made from the hide and rine of demons.

User ImageJack's 2k7 Armor Gloves - The gloves of 2007. Guarding from the crap of other fanthreads, these armor gloves will lead the Jack Fanthread to victory in style! Obtainable from Grab bag 2k7 #3. Equippable to the Hands.
Description - Gloves made from the hide and rine of demons.

User ImageJack's 2k7 Armor Boots - The boots of 2007. Crush the Haters of Halloween beneath your feet! Nothing can stop these things! Nothing but Jack himself! Obtainable from Grab bag 2k7 #5. Equippable to the Feet.
Description - Boots made from the hide and rine of demons.

Fashionable Rogue

10,650 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items