Welcome to Gaia! ::

All right! I’ll be over with my machine you get some bread baking for me! And we’ll have a party out of it. –Secretly has a lot of things that need mending –

Yeah I would guess that is cool on the skin. Maybe good for the summer then?

Hallowed Heckler

that sounds like the best party ever.... /serious/

CHEESEY MOVIE MARATHON TIME GO!!! biggrin

It should be amazing and we'll have fun I'm sure of it.

Hallowed Heckler

We probably will. ... o 3 o I might make petit-fours instead... I always wanted to make those with those pretty glazes and icings...

Conservative Hunter

:: dances back into the thread::

Hmm… I never even heard of that –yay for google! But they look yummy so I could enjoy that. I get petit fours and sewing that should be fun.

I’m kind of getting sleepy so I might head off to bed.

Hallowed Heckler

Ha ha ha. they're actually quite yummy. Finger foooooooooooood <3

And that really does sound like a blast.
Yes... Now just to make it happen.
Night though

Invisible Phantom

24,550 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Junior Trader 100
  • Market Browser 100
Non-Adult Situation

I'm so glad for 2 things..one I'm friends with Puds, and 2nd I clicked Pud's siggy *laughs*

This thread...interests me. And no, my mind didn't directly go to dead body, but it did make me insanely curious. Reason: I've spent my whole life in the funeral business...my older brother is the 5th generation mortician, I grew up in a funeral home, and favorite childhood past time was scaring the wits outta my friends. I've done everything in the business except for embalming, make-up and hair. xD

And btw, I'm Mira, and it's nice to meet you xD

Well, let me say it’s a pleasure to meet one of Puddle’s friends. I’m always so happy when
      more people come around to spend time with their friends. It just makes me believe my
      thread will get some “customers” soon enough.

Lol, I honestly always find myself whining on how lucky people who grew up with the job.
      When my parents, namely my mother, would rather live in Amish Country then be a
      mortician’s wife. Which is all right she’s entitled to that since she doesn’t like dead
      things.

A lot of my friends know about the job and think I’m partly insane and swear to me I’ll be
      the first one dead during the Zombie up raising . I’m all -> OKAY… We’ll see about that.
      I host, hair and make, wash, dress, place flowers, hand out tissues, talk with people, study
      records, and my favorite… Learning how to still work the coffee machine. @^@;;; I’m
      more “volunteer “ then actual worker though I know a lot of the people that work with us. I
      hang out without mainstream florist, and the son of one of the grave keeper’s. Yeah I’m
      out there.

But it’s nice to have someone else to talk about it with or even understand.

Hallowed Heckler

/very very slow blink/

WELL! You learn something new every day! XD

Invisible Phantom

24,550 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Junior Trader 100
  • Market Browser 100
I'd go into the business myself, but I could never handle the embalming...as a young kid, we used to just have one business phone on the main floor and that was on the side we lived in (half the house was living room/kitchen/dining room, the other half of that main floor was the show rooms for visitation and the embalming room...2nd floor was all bedrooms, and the 3rd floor was our casket showroom). When we got calls, I'd usually be the one to have to run to the embalming room to get my dad, and seeing the corpses in various stages of embalming disturbed the hell outta me. I know alot of it is due to the fact when your doing that sort of stuff, you really can't think of that person having just been alive a few hours before, and I just can't think of them as 'it' or as just a thing, so that is the one reason I won't become a mortician myself. I'll do everything else in the business just fine. 3nodding

And I love meeting people who actually are jealous of me having had that experience *laughs*

As for our business, we live in a small town, and we only have 2 people hired in outside of my direct family...it really is a literal family business for us. *nods*

YAY FOR US BEING ALL WEIRD >D But truly...this business is what inspires my whacked out sense of humor *giggles*

I don’t think I could live in our funeral home, more because I’m more attempted to get
      comfortable when walking to the kitchen or something. SO- I don’t think me + Funeral
      home living would work out. Also, there aren’t many homes here in my town that still do
      that. I think the only one that still did was closed because they retired and didn’t have
      kids, which is sad but understandable. My boss doesn’t have any of his kids working there.
      They wanted to get the hell out of the embalming room too. Me on the other hand laugh
      at them.

Honestly, you can ask Puddle this too but I think so lowly of living people. It’s a pleasure
      to work with the dead. People are awful creatures -smiles- Well, that is me for you
      though. I’m not too bothered but I can’t do it because I’m not schooled in it. Since, there
      isn’t a course really at our college here in town, which makes me sad.

Have you met a few?

I live in big huge city in Montana so that means a lot of people not in the family kind of
      work. But then again this is MONTANA so I’m not bragging how big we are. Trust me
      nothing happens here.

I’m sure your humor isn’t whacked out just dead to the world.

Eloquent Wench

*Lurks*
ninja

-kidnaps Moppet-

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items