Total Votes:[ 126 ]

Benevolent Phantom

I have been rewatching Rosario + Vampire, Ref, would be pleased lol

I hope you guys have been well!
I have been working a lot xd

Fuyugeshiki
Bokusenou
Michiko Fukushima
Getting into college? Moving into a dorm? That sort of stuff. Sorry I've not been around in a looooong time!

@Hime: I'm all right! A bit nervous, but what else is new...

Cool, I've been busy with my final year of college.,.What are you studying?
Thinking about a Japanese major!

That's awesome! What kind of jobs are you thinking of going for with that? Like translating, or international business or something? Most jobs requiring Japanese proficiency require at least JLPT N2, even with Japanese majors so you might want to look into taking the JLPT eventually.

Seri Dreams

What kind of work? I've been very busy with my penultimate college semester, which is the heavy one so I can relax more in my final one...I'm mainly doing stuff with Flash & After Effects this semester, which I'm not as interested in as web design, but they're OK.

What has everyone been up to lately?

Learned Sage

11,300 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Bokusenou
Fuyugeshiki
Bokusenou
Michiko Fukushima
Getting into college? Moving into a dorm? That sort of stuff. Sorry I've not been around in a looooong time!

That's awesome! What kind of jobs are you thinking of going for with that? Like translating, or international business or something? Most jobs requiring Japanese proficiency require at least JLPT N2, even with Japanese majors so you might want to look into taking the JLPT eventually.

Most likely would be something through the JET program at first, but I'm thinking interpreting or something in that vein. And yeah, I think I will take the JLPT. I know someone who's working toward N2 at the moment, so I can ask him for advice eventually.

Benevolent Phantom

Bokusenou
Fuyugeshiki
Bokusenou
Michiko Fukushima

Seri Dreams

What kind of work? I've been very busy with my penultimate college semester, which is the heavy one so I can relax more in my final one...I'm mainly doing stuff with Flash & After Effects this semester, which I'm not as interested in as web design, but they're OK.

What has everyone been up to lately?

Its a bit of everything c: I work at Target.
Web design is pretty much in huge demand, was there something else you wanted to do?

Fuyugeshiki

Most likely would be something through the JET program at first, but I'm thinking interpreting or something in that vein. And yeah, I think I will take the JLPT. I know someone who's working toward N2 at the moment, so I can ask him for advice eventually.

Wow, interpreting takes a lot of skill! Good luck! How are your classes going?

I passed N2 two years ago, and I would say it's not too hard, as long as you listen/read a lot of authentic Japanese. I read a lot of novels & news articles before I took it, and it was much easier compared to those things. xd

Seri Dreams

Its a bit of everything c: I work at Target.
Web design is pretty much in huge demand, was there something else you wanted to do?

Looking back, I guess my last post wasn't really clear.^^;
My college doesn't have a web design degree, so I'm in interdisciplinary studies, focusing on web design, and I've already taken all the web design & technical design (AKA, how to use Photoshop, Illustrator & other Creative Suite programs) classes, but I still need more courses, so this semester I ended up taking whatever looked halfway interesting, even though I'll probably never end up using the things I learn in them again...The lack of interest in what I'm learning is really sapping my energy, but hopefully my last semester will be more interesting than this one.

So, anyone have any Halloween plans?

Learned Sage

11,300 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Bokusenou
Fuyugeshiki

I passed N2 two years ago, and I would say it's not too hard, as long as you listen/read a lot of authentic Japanese. I read a lot of novels & news articles before I took it, and it was much easier compared to those things. xd
/quote] My classes are pretty easy at the moment, since I decided to start at 101 even though I could probably do 201... my teacher is older, though, so she doesn't seem to understand that ティーシャツ is pronounced "Tii-shatsu" and not "Tei-shatsu"... I have to inform my classmates of her mistakes like that on the sly orz
Fuyugeshiki
Bokusenou
Fuyugeshiki

/quote] My classes are pretty easy at the moment, since I decided to start at 101 even though I could probably do 201... my teacher is older, though, so she doesn't seem to understand that ティーシャツ is pronounced "Tii-shatsu" and not "Tei-shatsu"... I have to inform my classmates of her mistakes like that on the sly orz

Ah...Informing classmates of teacher's mistakes on the sly...That brings me back to when I took classes. xd Though in my case the teacher's English wasn't so good, and I started correcting her translations on the sly. I hope the weather is better over there. Right now I'm getting hit by Hurricane Sandy. gonk I hope I don't lose power.

All the rest of the Lair members besides me were on the West coast or mid-West, right?
At least I'm the only one here who has to go through Sandy then...So much rain and wind...

Divine Knight

12,225 Points
  • Pie Feeder 50
  • Team Rina 200
  • Person of Interest 200
Oh Seri, I'm sooooo sorry. sweatdrop I've worked there before and I'd never wish for anyone to work there. Though if your good with it I guess that's all the matters.

Yeah I've rewatched Rosario a few times myself along with Dance in the Vampire Bund.

Benevolent Phantom

REFSergeant
Oh Seri, I'm sooooo sorry. sweatdrop I've worked there before and I'd never wish for anyone to work there. Though if your good with it I guess that's all the matters.

Yeah I've rewatched Rosario a few times myself along with Dance in the Vampire Bund.

It's decent work, for a part time job. I wish they had full time hours there. sweatdrop

Rosario was nice in dubbed, better than I expected! It made me laugh a lot thats for sure, and I really love Kurumi aah forget the spellings.

Boku, ah I see! Well as long as you find what works for you I am confident it will be very worth it!

I have no plans on Halloween, other than to work that day. 3nodding I do not mind.

Divine Knight

12,225 Points
  • Pie Feeder 50
  • Team Rina 200
  • Person of Interest 200
Seri Dreams
REFSergeant

It's decent work, for a part time job. I wish they had full time hours there. sweatdrop

Rosario was nice in dubbed, better than I expected! It made me laugh a lot thats for sure, and I really love Kurumi aah forget the spellings.

Boku, ah I see! Well as long as you find what works for you I am confident it will be very worth it!

I have no plans on Halloween, other than to work that day. 3nodding I do not mind.

Close it's Kurumu.
Seri Dreams

Thanks heart , I registered for my last semester (they had to push back registration due to hurricane sandy), and I'll be doing mostly web design stuff next semester, so I'm really happy. whee

Yeah, I didn't end up doing much either. The Gaia event was pretty fun, though I didn't have as much time to do it as I'd like.
Only 19 days until Thanksgiving break...

REFSergeant

Close it's Kurumu.

Hey Ref! What have you been up to?

Divine Knight

12,225 Points
  • Pie Feeder 50
  • Team Rina 200
  • Person of Interest 200
Bokusenou
Seri Dreams

Thanks heart , I registered for my last semester (they had to push back registration due to hurricane sandy), and I'll be doing mostly web design stuff next semester, so I'm really happy. whee

Yeah, I didn't end up doing much either. The Gaia event was pretty fun, though I didn't have as much time to do it as I'd like.

REFSergeant

Close it's Kurumu.

Hey Boku! Not much really, just been working, watching tv, and playing games here and there as usual.

Benevolent Phantom

REFSergeant
Bokusenou
Seri Dreams

REFSergeant

Close it's Kurumu.

Hey Boku! Not much really, just been working, watching tv, and playing games here and there as usual.

Happy birthday Ref-kun!!!! I hope you have a nice day. heart

Divine Knight

12,225 Points
  • Pie Feeder 50
  • Team Rina 200
  • Person of Interest 200
Seri Dreams
REFSergeant
Bokusenou
Seri Dreams

REFSergeant

Close it's Kurumu.

Happy birthday Ref-kun!!!! I hope you have a nice day. heart

Thanks Seri, but it's not til tomorrow. heart

Benevolent Phantom

I guess I got excited when I seen my friends updates xd

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items