Welcome to Gaia! ::

Parisu-Kun
Mashed up Avocado paste with seasoning. Nice to meet you Nic. I think you have a nice nic(K)name?

So what would you like to talk about?

Ooh, new word, new dish. :]
Umm, actually, nothing in particular I wanna talk bout.... hmm...

Manly Sleuth

15,350 Points
  • Harvest Hazard 500
  • Tenacious Spirit 250
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Fake Silence
Parisu-Kun
Mashed up Avocado paste with seasoning. Nice to meet you Nic. I think you have a nice nic(K)name?

So what would you like to talk about?

Ooh, new word, new dish. :]
Umm, actually, nothing in particular I wanna talk bout.... hmm...
Why dont you tell me about yourself. I am guessing you are interested in us becoming friends so it would be nice if you tell me more about you.
Parisu-Kun
Why dont you tell me about yourself. I am guessing you are interested in us becoming friends so it would be nice if you tell me more about you.

Hmm, initial motive was to say good luck on your search, and then when I somehow related to the immature grown up thingy, it slipped my mind.

Me? How do I start this? >< I'm Nic, 17, alive and healthy...? I like to read, write, scribble (i wouldn't dare call it drawings), listening to good music. I'm Chinese, not from China though. smile

Manly Sleuth

15,350 Points
  • Harvest Hazard 500
  • Tenacious Spirit 250
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Fake Silence
Parisu-Kun

Hmm, initial motive was to say good luck on your search, and then when I somehow related to the immature grown up thingy, it slipped my mind.

Me? How do I start this? >< I'm Nic, 17, alive and healthy...? I like to read, write, scribble (i wouldn't dare call it drawings), listening to good music. I'm Chinese, not from China though. smile
Heh I see. And what makes you feel youre immature? I like drawing too but my doodles suck more than a thousand dirtdevils. I havent taken the time to read that much lately aside from mangas. Books are nice. But its hard to read within my country as books are awfully pricey.Yet my book collection is huge. mostly old ones that were handed down to me. Im an entrepreneur working on opening my own gaming store.
Parisu-Kun
Heh I see. And what makes you feel youre immature? I like drawing too but my doodles suck more than a thousand dirtdevils. I havent taken the time to read that much lately aside from mangas. Books are nice. But its hard to read within my country as books are awfully pricey.Yet my book collection is huge. mostly old ones that were handed down to me. Im an entrepreneur working on opening my own gaming store.

Well, I was told I'm too innocent and naive for my age, and I think I agree. At 17, I still want to believe that this world could be full of love and hope and pure good intentions. (this is a bad sign...) I 'm very sensitive, I pick up details most people don't notice.. Hence, I easily get hurt. Just wished I could have done some more growing up faster.

Books have been my first love, I used to read about ten books per week. (real books, real reading.)
But now that I don't have that much time to spare anymore, it slowly slipped... I feel very bad 'bout this though, the feeling of losing touch with a passion I sincerely thought would be there forever..

Books here are very expensive too, esp since I read English/Chinese, the good books have to imported. I don't have many books in my house, maybe just around ten.. That's why I'm really good friends with the libraries around my area. I have three libraries I visit all the time. smile

Gaming store? Cool, business is good?
I don't really play games, so eheh.. ><

Manly Sleuth

15,350 Points
  • Harvest Hazard 500
  • Tenacious Spirit 250
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Fake Silence
Parisu-Kun

Well, I was told I'm too innocent and naive for my age, and I think I agree. At 17, I still want to believe that this world could be full of love and hope and pure good intentions. (this is a bad sign...) I 'm very sensitive, I pick up details most people don't notice.. Hence, I easily get hurt. Just wished I could have done some more growing up faster.

Books have been my first love, I used to read about ten books per week. (real books, real reading.)
But now that I don't have that much time to spare anymore, it slowly slipped... I feel very bad 'bout this though, the feeling of losing touch with a passion I sincerely thought would be there forever..

Books here are very expensive too, esp since I read English/Chinese, the good books have to imported. I don't have many books in my house, maybe just around ten.. That's why I'm really good friends with the libraries around my area. I have three libraries I visit all the time. smile

Gaming store? Cool, business is good?
I don't really play games, so eheh.. ><
Well you do sound more mature than me already. The whole world is a place where there are no absolutes. In my opinion there is light in the darkest nights. There are places that may seem forsaken but there is always a spark of good anywhere. So you can believe that the world can be full of love and hope. Its because you think that that others will come to believe it as well. Being a person that picks up things is a good thing too. It means you pay attention and that you have empathy. Getting hurt can happen no matter how much you defend yourself. But that is no reason to be always hiding. you have to take chances every now and then. Growing up is overrated. If all grown ups where happy the world would be a better place. Instead enjoy every stage of your life. There are no do overs ^_^.

Its awesome youre passionate about reading. But you shouldnt look down on other forms of literature. A good book can come from anywhere. (If you have seen the movie Rattatouille you know what I am getting at.) I do spend most of my time playing games but that is because it is my passion and it does not make me feel any less interesting or dumber than anyone. It just takes a certain disposition to try new things to find something you enjoy. I do write a bit. But nothing really good. Still I enjoyed every word I typed.

Sorry for writing too much Nic. Still I am not trying to debate or argue. Just want you to see my point.
Parisu-Kun
Well you do sound more mature than me already. The whole world is a place where there are no absolutes. In my opinion there is light in the darkest nights. There are places that may seem forsaken but there is always a spark of good anywhere. So you can believe that the world can be full of love and hope. Its because you think that that others will come to believe it as well. Being a person that picks up things is a good thing too. It means you pay attention and that you have empathy. Getting hurt can happen no matter how much you defend yourself. But that is no reason to be always hiding. you have to take chances every now and then. Growing up is overrated. If all grown ups where happy the world would be a better place. Instead enjoy every stage of your life. There are no do overs ^_^.

Its awesome youre passionate about reading. But you shouldnt look down on other forms of literature. A good book can come from anywhere. (If you have seen the movie Rattatouille you know what I am getting at.) I do spend most of my time playing games but that is because it is my passion and it does not make me feel any less interesting or dumber than anyone. It just takes a certain disposition to try new things to find something you enjoy. I do write a bit. But nothing really good. Still I enjoyed every word I typed.

Sorry for writing too much Nic. Still I am not trying to debate or argue. Just want you to see my point.

Eheh, but a little bit of growing up and understanding that the world isn't pure white anymore would do good. I'm gonna be an easy target for cheaters if I go by this rate..

Nono, I don't look down on any for of literature, misunderstanding here..
In fact, all forms of literature and their writers are highly respected, simply 'cause I wish so much to be one of them. smile Am saying that a lot of the good English/Chinese books have to be imported 'cause I live in Malaysia, where the national language is Malay. Other languages aren't given as much priorities, so it's hard to find local writers.. Malay writting is sometimes good too. But if you're in my place, Malay wouldn't be one of your favourite languages. (hard to explain, this is kinda into politics already)

And another misunderstanding.. Nono again, am not underrating gamers. Just that I've never understood games, so I don't find interest in it. I wasn't allowed to play games (online games, offline games, tv games, whatever games) when I was little, so now that the playing period sorta passed, it doesn't interest me anymore.. Though I remember being envious of people who play Mape and DOTA once upon a time. Until now, I still don't even know what that is. :O

Woah how the same words can be understood in different ways by different people.

Manly Sleuth

15,350 Points
  • Harvest Hazard 500
  • Tenacious Spirit 250
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Fake Silence
Parisu-Kun

Eheh, but a little bit of growing up and understanding that the world isn't pure white anymore would do good. I'm gonna be an easy target for cheaters if I go by this rate..

Nono, I don't look down on any for of literature, misunderstanding here..
In fact, all forms of literature and their writers are highly respected, simply 'cause I wish so much to be one of them. smile Am saying that a lot of the good English/Chinese books have to be imported 'cause I live in Malaysia, where the national language is Malay. Other languages aren't given as much priorities, so it's hard to find local writers.. Malay writting is sometimes good too. But if you're in my place, Malay wouldn't be one of your favourite languages. (hard to explain, this is kinda into politics already)

And another misunderstanding.. Nono again, am not underrating gamers. Just that I've never understood games, so I don't find interest in it. I wasn't allowed to play games (online games, offline games, tv games, whatever games) when I was little, so now that the playing period sorta passed, it doesn't interest me anymore.. Though I remember being envious of people who play Mape and DOTA once upon a time. Until now, I still don't even know what that is. :O

Woah how the same words can be understood in different ways by different people.
the issue would be text.. its hard to convey emotion thru text
Parisu-Kun
the issue would be text.. its hard to convey emotion thru text

Umm yeah, my bad, should have been specific.

Manly Sleuth

15,350 Points
  • Harvest Hazard 500
  • Tenacious Spirit 250
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Manly Sleuth

15,350 Points
  • Harvest Hazard 500
  • Tenacious Spirit 250
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Narf zort poit egads

Manly Sleuth

15,350 Points
  • Harvest Hazard 500
  • Tenacious Spirit 250
  • Perfect Attendance 400
*Runs around in his pajamas.*

Manly Sleuth

15,350 Points
  • Harvest Hazard 500
  • Tenacious Spirit 250
  • Perfect Attendance 400
So maybe I shouldnt be on Gaia at this hour but just letting everyone know Im at the Economical growth fund to take courses on business management.
Good luck with that! heart

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces