Welcome to Gaia! ::

Wicked Sweetheart

gaia_diamond

Lavish Ladykiller

Liberal Receiver

So, not a direct relative, but the mother in law for my godmother passed away last week, and in lieu of flowers, they're asking for people to make donations to the Albany Autism Society, because apparently, her grandson has Asperger's like B. does. (Though my godmother didn't know this, she just thought that B. was particularly standoffish until the last time she was up here when his mother told her.)

I get that this is a local region only thing, but if you feel particularly giving, and have the money to give(I only had 25$ to give, so I truly do understand.) any donation made in the name of Mrs.Spain would be appreciated, both by myself and the family.
Or, if you wish to give to the National Autism Association or National Foundation for Autism Research, I'm sure that's totes cool too.

Like I said, I really, really understand if you don't have the funds. 25$ is what I could spare from the bank account - leftovers from last month.

Devoted Pup

I was accidentally scheduled at the Macy's warehouse yesterday, instead of the store. (Well, I was scheduled to work yesterday and Friday. I think the snafu happened on...Sunday?) So the warehouse manager offered to let me work the shift, because hours and I think they needed the help. And then she asked me if I wanted to come in today (DUHYES).

And today she was like, "I was taking to Shawn" (the manager that I report to) "and I told her I wanted to steal you. I told her you were fantastic and then I realised I should have told her you were terrible so I could keep you." And I was all emotion_kirakira emotion_awesome emotion_yatta

I really like the warehouse. No customers, fewer coworkers, no worrying about whether or not clothes that meet the dress code are clean.
But.

But.

There are so many clothes there that I want to buy gonk Pretty much all I do right now is stripping (removing the plastic coverings from the clothing) and tagging (the annoying things that spew ink if you break 'em), and every time I get a rack of men's/young men's clothing I'm all, "Oh, that's a nice shirt!" looks at the price tag "OHGODNEVERMIND." (Or there are the clothes that I could afford, if I didn't have bills that are about to come due and need saving for. I haven't figured out which is worse yet.)

Jason0690

I will do this thing when I have disposable funds again, because s**t like this is important. nods

Devoted Pirate

Finneri
I was accidentally scheduled at the Macy's warehouse yesterday, instead of the store. (Well, I was scheduled to work yesterday and Friday. I think the snafu happened on...Sunday?) So the warehouse manager offered to let me work the shift, because hours and I think they needed the help. And then she asked me if I wanted to come in today (DUHYES).

And today she was like, "I was taking to Shawn" (the manager that I report to) "and I told her I wanted to steal you. I told her you were fantastic and then I realised I should have told her you were terrible so I could keep you." And I was all emotion_kirakira emotion_awesome emotion_yatta

I really like the warehouse. No customers, fewer coworkers, no worrying about whether or not clothes that meet the dress code are clean.
But.

But.

There are so many clothes there that I want to buy gonk Pretty much all I do right now is stripping (removing the plastic coverings from the clothing) and tagging (the annoying things that spew ink if you break 'em), and every time I get a rack of men's/young men's clothing I'm all, "Oh, that's a nice shirt!" looks at the price tag "OHGODNEVERMIND." (Or there are the clothes that I could afford, if I didn't have bills that are about to come due and need saving for. I haven't figured out which is worse yet.)

Jason0690

I will do this thing when I have disposable funds again, because s**t like this is important. nods
Epic! Shop Macy's sales only. Also, have you tried Kohls or Marshals? They tend to get the same designer brands off season (the discount grocery store of the higher end fashion world).

Lavish Ladykiller

Has anyone felt like crap for no reason?

Devoted Pup

Blackrose_Knight
Epic! Shop Macy's sales only. Also, have you tried Kohls or Marshals? They tend to get the same designer brands off season (the discount grocery store of the higher end fashion world).

The great thing about the Macy's employee discount, is that it works with sale and clearance prices. emotion_awesome

I will, definitely, it's just sad seeing them go past and not being able to get them RIGHTNAOWGORRAMMIT.

Gumby Ningata

All the time. Depression's a b***h.
Unless you're talking physically, then not so much. When I hurt there's typically a reason.

Either way, being gentle with yourself is a good bet.

Devoted Pirate

Gumby Ningata
All my life. For me the main culprit for random "wow I feel like s**t" days are large low pressure weather systems. I just feel "blah" and out of sorts.

Lavish Ladykiller

Finneri

Gumby Ningata

All the time. Depression's a b***h.
Unless you're talking physically, then not so much. When I hurt there's typically a reason.

Either way, being gentle with yourself is a good bet.
Depression. I think it is blood sugar level but I have no clue.

Lavish Ladykiller

Blackrose_Knight
Gumby Ningata
All my life. For me the main culprit for random "wow I feel like s**t" days are large low pressure weather systems. I just feel "blah" and out of sorts.
That is how i felt today. I took a walk to be alone with my thoughts and all it did was make my legs hurt.

Devoted Pirate

Gumby Ningata
Blackrose_Knight
Gumby Ningata
That is how i felt today. I took a walk to be alone with my thoughts and all it did was make my legs hurt.
I know your feels emotion_hug

Try and do things that promote a good mood for you. It may not feel like its working, but it will help you steer our of the rando minor depression (what I call these instances) and back to normalcy.

Hopefully, you can sleep it off. I generally wake up better the next morning.

Lavish Ladykiller

Blackrose_Knight
Gumby Ningata
Blackrose_Knight
Gumby Ningata
I know your feels emotion_hug

Try and do things that promote a good mood for you. It may not feel like its working, but it will help you steer our of the rando minor depression (what I call these instances) and back to normalcy.

Hopefully, you can sleep it off. I generally wake up better the next morning.
emotion_hug Thank you. I will try. I doubt sleep will help. It never does for me but thank you for the suggestion.

Devoted Pirate

Retwisted my ankle. ******** again. Mother. ********. Again. This is twice in 3 days. I was wearing goddamn boots, and stepped on a stone. Poof, ankle rolls, I fall over on my parents doorsteps. I am so ******** pissed I don't even know what to do. I want to ******** get back on my ******** elliptical but no, my ******** foot can't get its s**t sorted out. ******** it.

Edit: I am now less mad. I am now kinda irritated I have to wear this itchy brace more. I am not wearing it when I sleep anymore. So much itch.

Lavish Ladykiller

You need to learn how to walk. whee

Devoted Pirate

Gumby Ningata
You need to learn how to walk. whee
IKR?

I was walking just fine the, lolnope my ankle was like ******** this! and I fell over. Not gonna lie, I totally cried, more out of frustration of "omfg not again...."

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff