Welcome to Gaia! ::

Get it? mrgreen 'Cause of the ghost avatar?
I'm trying to be clever, okay!?

Anyway, scary ghost threats out of the way...

Hi, I'm Michael. smile
I'm 18 and I live in California.

I take some early childhood education classes at a local community college. And I work at a daycare center as an infant/toddler teacher. whee

I like playing computer games (especially strategy games like Civilization V and Europa Universalis IV, but also stuff like Minecraft and The Sims 3). Also watching TV and listening to music. And I've been playing around with web design in my spare time. smile

Talk to me? emotion_kirakira

Ma Ajmala's Significant Otter

Lavish Worshipper

So if I don't talk to you then you will haunt me.
But what if I would be better friends with ghost you? am I not then missing out on a full banquet of opportunities by replying?
Varient
But what if I would be better friends with ghost you? am I not then missing out on a full banquet of opportunities by replying?

Is not ghost me synonymous with me? wink
I don't really know what we're saying ._.

Lavish Worshipper

Daerves
Varient

Well I suppose it depends what universe we are talking about but assuming we are going with a rough calculation of the average thought of what a ghost can do: ghost you would be able to walk through walls and show up at random times and ghost you and I could drink tea and I would just get both cups xD
I am sorry if this is confusing I am kinda drunk
Varient
Daerves
Varient

Well I suppose it depends what universe we are talking about but assuming we are going with a rough calculation of the average thought of what a ghost can do: ghost you would be able to walk through walls and show up at random times and ghost you and I could drink tea and I would just get both cups xD

Ahahaha, I like that. biggrin Going to a restaurant with a ghost would be so fun 'cause you'd basically get TWO dishes to eat! Right? 'Cause ghosts can't eat or drink lol

What are you drinking? smile

Lavish Worshipper

Daerves
Varient
Daerves
Varient

Ahahaha, I like that. biggrin Going to a restaurant with a ghost would be so fun 'cause you'd basically get TWO dishes to eat! Right? 'Cause ghosts can't eat or drink lol

I don't need two plates of food but I might steal your desert emotion_awesome Except I talked so now I don't get to be friends with ghost you xD

Nothing currently but I was taking down a few bloody marys, beer and then wine. I don't know how my stomach is just totally willing to accept this abuse. emotion_kirakira
Varient
Daerves
Varient
Daerves
Varient

I don't need two plates of food but I might steal your desert emotion_awesome Except I talked so now I don't get to be friends with ghost you xD

Nothing currently but I was taking down a few bloody marys, beer and then wine. I don't know how my stomach is just totally willing to accept this abuse. emotion_kirakira

Or your liver lol Nah, I getcha though. I usually drink quite a bit on the weekends. I'm more of a vodka drink person though. 3nodding

Shaggy Consumer

Hello Michael!
I'm actually taking a degree in Education and childhood studies. How is your course?
Deleoni
Hello Michael!
I'm actually taking a degree in Education and childhood studies. How is your course?

Hey! It's pretty good, I really don't have anything bad to say about it. I'm getting a two-year degree, so I'm almost done. What about you? What do you hope to do with it / what age do you hope to teach? smile

Shaggy Consumer

Daerves
Deleoni
Hello Michael!

Hey! It's pretty good, I really don't have anything bad to say about it. I'm getting a two-year degree, so I'm almost done. What about you? What do you hope to do with it / what age do you hope to teach? smile

Yeah I'm not sure about what I'll do with it. Probably teach or childcare though you need different qualifications for childcare. I'm nearly finished too this is my final year. I should be completely done by June/July time. Get my certificates and start my PGCE for QTS (qualified teacher status) come September/October. I personally prefer the 8-14 year olds so I'm in between doing primary or secondary schooling. Oh I live in the UK so it's a little different to the American system but about the same idea.
Deleoni
Daerves
Deleoni
Hello Michael!

Yeah I'm not sure about what I'll do with it. Probably teach or childcare though you need different qualifications for childcare. I'm nearly finished too this is my final year. I should be completely done by June/July time. Get my certificates and start my PGCE for QTS (qualified teacher status) come September/October. I personally prefer the 8-14 year olds so I'm in between doing primary or secondary schooling. Oh I live in the UK so it's a little different to the American system but about the same idea.

Ah, I see. I was wondering where you were from when I read that PGCE and QTS stuff. mrgreen I guess the UK is a little different from the US in that regard (although each state in the US has different qualifications/certifications too).

That's cool though. smile Not interested in working with the little ones? haha 8-14 year olds are pretty different compared to the kids I work with, but still, that's cool. Is it easy to find a job in education/childcare in the UK too? It's crazy easy to find a job working with young children here.

Shaggy Consumer

Daerves

Ah, I see. I was wondering where you were from when I read that PGCE and QTS stuff. mrgreen I guess the UK is a little different from the US in that regard (although each state in the US has different qualifications/certifications too).

That's cool though. smile Not interested in working with the little ones? haha 8-14 year olds are pretty different compared to the kids I work with, but still, that's cool. Is it easy to find a job in education/childcare in the UK too? It's crazy easy to find a job working with young children here.

Haha! Depends where you're talking about. I'm in London so as crazy as it is, everyone fights for jobs and it's difficult when you're on the course but don't have the qualifications yet to apply for the job you want. You're stuck in limbo. You can't get the job yet because they see you don't have the right qualifications and yet to do childcare or something with children you need qualifications to prove or say you've worked with children and have the right knowledge and experience for the role.There is also a criminal check when working with children. You're not allowed to without a recent one. As a result even childcare is difficult to get into. Teaching is difficult to get into but I've found it easy when travelling abroad to get jobs just in London it's a pain in the butt. When it comes to it the season/time of year plays a small role too. You have to know when to apply and where to look and ...Well lots of things. It's not easy here at all.

I can say though that some people actually have found it quite easy as they have contacts and family members who can get their foot in. The trouble with me is the only contacts I have is my Mother (London) and my Aunt(Cyprus). Where I've already worked for and with my Aunt, I haven't had any REAL experience within England and the only one who can do that for me is my Mother but she refuses to help on the basis that she works at a PRU (pupil referral unit- for permanently excluded kids who take knives to school and things like that) so she doesn't want me working there. The contacts she has are people in high places but all within that system (PRU's) so I'm stuck.

My god look at this post... Sorry!
xd

Also I'd love to work with the little ones but I don't feel a connection to babies. It's weird. I don't have that 'motherly instinct'. I'm not sure what it is. It can't be that they intimidate me but I haven't got a clue where to start with a baby. I'd need extensive research! -headdesks
I treat all kids like they're my own which makes me nervous around babies because I am fearful of dropping them, not putting on a nappy right, feeding them too much/not enough, not picking up their interests etc and that's made worse when I know the child isn't mine. Gah! T uT''

Sparkly Sex Symbol

I LOVELOVELOVELOVE the Sims! I'm currently on a crazy Sims 3 binge LOL

Aged Regular

[[aggressively pops in]]

The Sims you say?

IAlsoSeeYouLikeTheWalkingDeadLetsBeFriends

Timid Lunatic

Hi Michael, how are you?
    I'm super excited for Suits to return end on January.
    Have you ever seen it?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces