Welcome to Gaia! ::

Generous Friend

8,000 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Generous 100
  • Friendly 100
I'm probably not going to go out and do anything crazy, ridiculously amazing or anything of the sort. So while I have the time, why not make some friends? I'm not picky, but if you can't hold a conversation I probably won't bother responding or adding you.

Anyways, I'm 20, really into PC gaming, and I love music. Specifics? Well, you'll just have to ask won't you? Ooh and I forgot to mention my undying love of Star Trek. If you love the show too, please make a note to tell me. I will probably hug you to death.

Gaian

Bleh you trekkies. LOL JK. biggrin

Generous Friend

8,000 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Generous 100
  • Friendly 100
Filthy Misfit

I suppose that's one way to make yourself stand out.

Gaian

Thunderous Heart
Filthy Misfit

By the way, what kind of conversations are you wanting to have? razz

Generous Friend

8,000 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Generous 100
  • Friendly 100
Filthy Misfit
Thunderous Heart
Filthy Misfit

By the way, what kind of conversations are you wanting to have? razz

I'm not really going to be choosy, if I feel comfortable talking about something then it'll work. There's no point in selecting something predetermined, I'd rather leave it up to where it's going to go.
What kinds of video games do you play?

Do you believe that the people who are standing on the transporter are the same people that appear on the planet, or do you believe they are different people with the same memories and looks?

Generous Friend

8,000 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Generous 100
  • Friendly 100
mosquitoboy

Do you believe that the people who are standing on the transporter are the same people that appear on the planet, or do you believe they are different people with the same memories and looks?

I don't understand the second question. As for the first, I've found myself playing lots of Team Fortress 2, LoadOut, Terraria and Transformice. 4laugh
Thunderous Heart
mosquitoboy

I don't understand the second question. As for the first, I've found myself playing lots of Team Fortress 2, LoadOut, Terraria and Transformice. 4laugh

WTF is transformice?!

My Fiance and I have played a lot of terraria. Have you seen the new game out by the Terraria guys? It's still very much beta, but it's about space and going planet to planet.

The star treck question is about their transporters... It's a philosophical question dating back to Socrates (Or another philosopher) about a girl going in for an operation.
If you are on a transporter, you are broken up into a billion atoms, you are essentially Dead. Your vaporised, downloaded into a computer, turned into atoms... any of these ideas kills you. If these atoms were then placed back together to form a being that looks, acts, feels, thinks like you do. Would you be in control of that being on the planet as you were in control of yourself on the space ship. IS that the same person? Or is it just a copy of the person? Does the 1st person die, and a copy is made? Or when you are destroyed, will your consciousness also transfer over?

Generous Friend

8,000 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Generous 100
  • Friendly 100
mosquitoboy
Thunderous Heart
mosquitoboy

WTF is transformice?!

My Fiance and I have played a lot of terraria. Have you seen the new game out by the Terraria guys? It's still very much beta, but it's about space and going planet to planet.

The star treck question is about their transporters... It's a philosophical question dating back to Socrates (Or another philosopher) about a girl going in for an operation.
If you are on a transporter, you are broken up into a billion atoms, you are essentially Dead. Your vaporised, downloaded into a computer, turned into atoms... any of these ideas kills you. If these atoms were then placed back together to form a being that looks, acts, feels, thinks like you do. Would you be in control of that being on the planet as you were in control of yourself on the space ship. IS that the same person? Or is it just a copy of the person? Does the 1st person die, and a copy is made? Or when you are destroyed, will your consciousness also transfer over?

Just a flash game in browser that's a pretty good time waster. I have seen Starbound, yes, but I dunno if I'm going to buy it. Only 1 person I know plays it.

Now, for the transporter question, I try not to get overly technical with the details on that. Whatever the case may be, I'm completely okay with it and I don't really stop to think about the most minor of details on their traveling.
Thunderous Heart
mosquitoboy
Thunderous Heart
mosquitoboy

WTF is transformice?!

Just a flash game in browser that's a pretty good time waster. I have seen Starbound, yes, but I dunno if I'm going to buy it. Only 1 person I know plays it.

Now, for the transporter question, I try not to get overly technical with the details on that. Whatever the case may be, I'm completely okay with it and I don't really stop to think about the most minor of details on their traveling.

Ok so, here is a real question. If that technology existed, would you use it? How can someone garentee that you will be the one coming out the other end? How would they know? The person who comes out the other end will think they are the same person, but there is no way of truely knowing. I don't think I could take that risk, I like being alive too much.

Feral Phantom

emotion_kirakira
O spring break..how I remember those days of doing nothing but playing video games for days at a time.
-Sigh-
Damn work you ruin everything ><

Generous Friend

8,000 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Generous 100
  • Friendly 100
ToxicCandyTreat
emotion_kirakira
O spring break..how I remember those days of doing nothing but playing video games for days at a time.
-Sigh-

I work as a tutor on campus so I still get all the perks of a student, and by that I mean a lot of vacation time. lol More than other people anyways. How are you today?

Feral Phantom

Thunderous Heart
ToxicCandyTreat
emotion_kirakira
-Sigh-

I work as a tutor on campus so I still get all the perks of a student, and by that I mean a lot of vacation time. lol More than other people anyways. How are you today?

gonk Your so lucky.
I'm good just got to work, blah. But I had a nice morning. How about you?

Generous Friend

8,000 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Generous 100
  • Friendly 100
ToxicCandyTreat
Thunderous Heart
ToxicCandyTreat
emotion_kirakira
-Sigh-

gonk Your so lucky.
I'm good just got to work, blah. But I had a nice morning. How about you?

Well, it has it's disadvantages too but I'll take what I can get. My day's been good. Just a little slow is all. Good day at work overall?

Girl-Crazy Girl

I don't know why but I feel like I'm afraid to talk to you XD
Nevertheless, here goes liquid courage.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out