Hello! 0.38750758035173 38.8% [ 639 ]
...What? 0.12249848392965 12.2% [ 202 ]
Total Votes:[ 1649 ]

Blessed Grabber

No, because I get to move about like I want =P

Friendly Gaian

User Image» Yeah, but your games will run like s**t. xD

Blessed Grabber

The only proper game I play on my laptop is Minecraft, and that runs fine. And last night I tried a demo of Limbo, which also ran fine.

Friendly Gaian

User Image» I'm talking about proper games though, ones that require a lot of memory and graphics, like the Sims.

Blessed Grabber

Quote:

The Sims 3

System Requirements Lab Analysis

Congratulations, your computer passes the minimum specification required to run this product.

Check prices for The Sims 3

Minimum

CPU

Minimum: (XP) 2.0 GHz P4 processor or equivalent; (Vista/7) 2.4 GHz P4 processor or equivalent [If built-in graphics chipsets then 2.6 GHz Pentium D CPU, or 1.8 GHz Core 2 Duo, or equivalent.]

You Have: Pentium(R) Dual-Core CPU T4500 @ 2.30GHz

PASS

CPU Speed

Minimum: (XP) 2.0 GHz P4 processor or equivalent; (Vista/7) 2.4 GHz P4 processor or equivalent [If built-in graphics chipsets then 2.6 GHz Pentium D CPU, or 1.8 GHz Core 2 Duo, or equivalent.]

You Have: 2.3 GHz Performance Rated at: 3.45 GHz

PASS

RAM

Minimum: (XP) 1 GB RAM; (Vista/7) 1.5 GB RAM [If built-in graphics then add 0.5 GB additional RAM]

You Have: 3.0 GB

PASS

OS

Minimum: Windows XP (Service Pack 2) or Windows Vista (Service Pack 1) or Windows 7

You Have: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium Edition Service Pack 1 (build 7601), 64-bit

PASS Click here for the latest Windows drivers.

Video Card

Minimum: 128 MB Video Card, with support for Pixel Shader 2.0 (NVIDIA GeForce FX 5900 or above / ATI Radeon 9500 or above / Intel GMA 3-series or above)

You Have: ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4330

PASS Click here for the latest Video drivers.

Features: Minimum attributes of your Video Card

Required

You Have

Video RAM

128 MB

1.7 GB

Pixel Shader version

Free Disk Space

Minimum: 6.1 GB of hard drive space with at least 1 GB of additional space for custom content and saved games.

You Have: 195.3 GB

PASS

Dangerous Loiterer

Check for Team Fortress 2; that's surprisingly heavy for a cartoonish game. If your computer can
    run that, it can run anything.

Blessed Grabber

Quote:

Team Fortress 2

System Requirements Lab Analysis

Congratulations, your system passes the Recommended requirements! You should have a great experience running this product.

Minimum
Recommended

CPU

Recommended: Pentium 4/Athlon XP or better

You Have: Pentium(R) Dual-Core CPU T4500 @ 2.30GHz

PASS

CPU Speed

Recommended: 3 GHz

You Have: 2.3 GHz Performance Rated at: 3.45 GHz

PASS

RAM

Recommended: 1 GB

You Have: 3.0 GB

PASS

OS

Recommended: Windows 2000/XP/Vista

You Have: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium Edition Service Pack 1 (build 7601), 64-bit

PASS Click here for the latest Windows drivers.

Video Card

Recommended: DirectX 9 compatible video card (NVIDIA GeForce 7900+ / ATI Radeon X1900+)

You Have: ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4330

PASS Click here for the latest Video drivers.

Features: Recommended attributes of your Video Card

Required

You Have

Video RAM

256 MB

1.7 GB

Pixel Shader version

Vertex Shader version

Sound Card

Recommended: Yes

You Have: IDT High Definition Audio CODEC

PASS Click here for the latest Sound Card drivers.

Free Disk Space

Recommended: 5 GB

You Have: 195.3 GB

PASS

Friendly Gaian

User Image» That's all well and good that you can run it, but can you run it *well*? I can run the Sims, but it's slow, incredibly slow, even more so when the graphics are turned up.

Blessed Grabber

It doesn't really matter though since I don't like the Sims XD

Shy Rogue

My laptop is slightly better than yours (how in the hell...this thing is 4 years old!)
My processor is faster, I have more memory and my graphics card is ever so slightly better (lol we're running the same brand 8D)

Sims is killing my laptop with six expansions and the base game. My graphics card overheats because it's in a silly place where it doesn't get cooled fast enough so I get a black screen when it overheats and shuts down.
Sims also uses up over 1.5gb of memory which is really high considering Dragon Age runs well under 1gb on high (sims is also on high settings).
Technic pack minecraft, with my HD texture pack, uses up about 2GB of my memory, but it does bounce around a little but it is pretty much around the 2GB mark.

Enjoy your laptop while it lasts, but once you want to play more demanding games, you'll realise how bad laptops are for gaming. emotion_8c

Blessed Grabber

Lorret
Enjoy your laptop while it lasts, but once you want to play more demanding games, you'll realise how bad laptops are for gaming. emotion_8c

What about Alienware's and the Razer Blade?

Dangerous Loiterer

I have a gaming laptop and mine does fine. I have Sims 3 (and three or more EPs, TF2, Portal 2,
    Terraria, Garry's Mod and a few other games installed and they all work fine. :3

Shy Rogue

See I thought about that, but £2,000 for a laptop with the specs I want is too much. I can build a better PC for much less than that. Plus I can't say how well these laptops cool. I've never owned one or met anyone with one because all the PC gamers I know have desktops, and if they're in University, then they can't afford a £2,000 gaming laptop/left their desktop at home and use a laptop similar or worse than mine.

If my sims had 5 expansions, it runs fine. I sat for hours playing Pets with no problems. But adding on Showtime has started to show stress on my laptop which is an 'Entertainment PC', it's built for movies, games and music.
All my other games run fine with no problems (and I have a s**t ton of them all tried and tested), but Sims 3 with Showtime is just one expansion too many and my laptop just can't cool itself fast enough. XD

Blessed Grabber

*Laptop high fives Caer*

Maybe it's just Showtime itself that's the problem?

Angelic Gaian

12,500 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Advent Attendee 50
  • Grunny Harvester 150
Lorret
Laptops are okay, but they're s**t for gaming on. emotion_8c

This.
After half an hour of playing a game, my laptop feels like it's on fire. It'll then probably overheat and crash.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff