Welcome to Gaia! ::

I am a woman and I reserve the right to be inconsistent!

Lelianna :) 0.43359375 43.4% [ 111 ]
i do love that line ^-^ 0.25390625 25.4% [ 65 ]
you reserve it? that doesnt seem fair.. 0.18359375 18.4% [ 47 ]
eeep!! 0.12890625 12.9% [ 33 ]
Total Votes:[ 256 ]

Anxious Hunter

7,150 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Guildmember 100
Kuroi Jinouga
Hunter Rush
Kuroi, I think I have a fundamental problem with two of your views on magic in DA. I may be misinterpreting something on this first part, but the context in which you said it implies that you believe Blood Magic to be Demon Magic. I do not believe this to be the case. I believe that Blood Magic is another way to access the Mana in a person's body, and use it as an energy source for their magic. Mana is present everywhere, only Mages are born with the ability to manipulate it. The only reason Blood Mages are more susceptible to possession is because they tend to use their own blood, and lots of it, for casting. And, if you've ever been operating while missing one or more pints of blood, then you know just how weak your mind can get like that. That doesn't mean it is inherently demonic. What it can lead to, and what people believe it promotes, leads the public to view Blood Magic as evil, but it is simply another form of magic. It is not the magic that makes you evil, it is what you do with it. Unfortunately, a Blood Mage must be of incredibly strong mind when casting with their own blood, or they will be possessed. There are consequences for everything a person does, the consequences for Blood Magic are just more obvious.

The second thing is that you believe magic is a curse. It is not. It is neither gift nor curse. It's like saying someone being born tall, or strong, or fast, or smart is cursed. It is a genetic trait, nothing more. As with Blood Magic, the downsides of being born a Mage are more obvious than others inherent traits, but that does not make it a curse. Does a strong man not have to learn self-restraint so that he doesn't hurt others with his everyday actions? Does a tall man not have to learn humility so that he doesn't look down on others emotionally as he is forced to physically? These are not curses, and these are not gifts. These things just are. It is how a person uses what they are born with that determines who and what they are.
You are correct in assuming my view of Blood Magic as Demonic Magic. However I choose to believe Blood Magic is as such is due to how close the Origin of Blood Magic is related to "Demons" as I will call them. It is in my opinion that Magic in it's simplest form, energy, and that Mages do manipulate it to do their bidding, but it is not that I view Demonic Magic as evil, just the purpose behind it which it is used, the action taken when it is used is generally evil. I did not see Jowan as evil when he attacked just to flee for his life, But the way people like Idunna and Quentin use it is simply unforgivable. Likewise it is much more dangerous to use it considering how much easier it is for a demon to be drawn to you when you utilize the hidden energy within your blood. Like you said, there are consequences when using magicks but it all comes down to choice and discipline, there is no leeway for weakness of the mind nor bad choices when it comes to magic, because either may end up getting you or someone else killed, sometimes both.

I have pondered over what you have said and I find myself in agreement. I suppose I have been slightly jaded in my view of magic, that my own shackles have made me bitter. Magic is not to be toyed with lightly, just the same way a sword should not be, but the blade is not at fault for user's short comings, it is simply a tool and those who do not have the prowess to use it will end up cutting themselves. But how do you feel when you witness so many misuse and abuse it to the extent that it causes a war? That there is no moral compass to be found when dealing with the Tevinter in general?

Those who use magic, in any form, in such ways must be punished. If they are early in their sulf-fulfilling career, then the punishment can be light. To serve as a warning and to hopefully guide them towards the proper use of magic. Those, like the Mage Lords of Tevinter, who are far along down that path must be removed. Not only do they give Mages like us a bad name, but they endanger the very fabric of reality. These are the people who believe that magic is a gift, and as such believe they can do what they want with it. Before I, apparently, brought you around, you were one who thought it was a curse. And so you practice strict control and set up contingencies should you break. Both, in my opinion, are extreme. There must be a balance between control and freedom. Mages like us, who are responsible in our use of magic and belong to no Circle, should be the ones to punish Mages like those in the Imperium. We are Mages, so we know the dangers these people are unleashing, but we serve no organization with some hidden agenda. That is why I distrust Templars. I find them necessary, but the fact that they are run by the Chantry bothers me. Until a separate group steps up to provide the security against Abominations this world needs, free Mages like should fill that role. And, at some point, we should march on the Imperium and slaughter its highest Mages.

Anxious Hunter

7,150 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Guildmember 100
Kuroi Jinouga
Hunter Rush
Kuroi Jinouga
Hunter Rush
Vampire Aine
Do what I always do in a situation like that. Since I would hopefully have prepared myself and studied my surroundings I would find a few boulders holding on barely holding on I would draw them to the area as soon as they are under the boulders I would simply run up the side of the wall heading towards the boulders and throw a dagger in the right spot to cause the boulders to crush the ogres. Wouldn't be too hard.

Boulders big enough or high enough to crush Ogres in the Roads are few and far between. Most of the walls are very solid. You aren't fighting in some mountain pass. You're fighting in caves artfully dug out and reinforced by Dwarves in the prime of the architectural skill.
Destroy its jugular with a Crushing Prison spell? Or disrupting it's blood flow with Blood Wound causing it to hemorrhage!

You see, you and I can do that very easily. But she is no Mage.
Mm, She wishes to delve into Lyrium.

She can delve into Lyrium all she wants. All it will give her are a few unique abilities. It will not make her a Mage.

Bloodthirsty Inquisitor

16,650 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Seasoned Warrior 250
Kuroi Jinouga
Vampire Aine
Kuroi Jinouga
Vampire Aine
Kuroi Jinouga
Vampire Aine
I doubt I'll be able to do that, I can just see it now. Taking a sip of Lyrium shaking my head from the taste then blowing out a ball of fire after a burp.
If it is so, I can help. You don't want to set your a forest on fire or something...
Please? I wouldn't try Lyrium in a forest. I would be in a clearing or near a lake in at the circle itself.
Wise choice. It would be a pleasure, but It won't be easy.
I am a Dale. I don't know easy. Thank you.
Then you'll find yourself fitting right in.
Now I've got to find a connection to get the Lyrium.-sighs-

Bloodthirsty Inquisitor

16,650 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Seasoned Warrior 250
Kuroi Jinouga
Vampire Aine
Kuroi Jinouga
Vampire Aine
Kuroi Jinouga
Vampire Aine
Could you fix Anders could any of us. Could any of us prevent Anders Meredith Orsino and The Cleric from causing a war? Anders would not have blown up the Chantry if Meredith never oppressed the mages like she did. Orsino would not have allowed a Demon inside if Meredith didn't force her hands down deeply down the mages throats. If anything Anders gave the Grand Cleric a mercy death. Do you believe she would have liked to see this war happen under her watch? She was a terrible Grand Cleric when trouble stirs up instead of settling it she allowed it to get out of hand. She has more power then the Viscount when it comes to Templar and Mages. She may not have allowed all the terrible things to happen to mages like making then Tranquil, but she allowed herself and all she ruled over to become blood mages and possessed by greed and the lust for power. Anders is not the one who caused the War the war had started the moment we entered KirkWall. It was Meredith and Orsino's doing. Anders just brought something much bigger to the table.

No one wakes up one day and says they want to be possessed by a demon. Desperate times call for desperate measures on both sides. The moment the Cleric was killed Meredith call the Right. Orsino and the mages of the circle did nothing to cause this. Orsino wished to speak to the Grand Cleric and I believe if Anders didn't blow the Chantry up Meredith would have killed the Cleric too for her over powering greed to be in complete control of the Mages.

Anders deserves to watch all he swore to protect suffer because of him. I don't think Anders would have continued. I think Justice would see that he had caused more problems and try to fix things. The Grand Cleric isn't the perfect Maker gift wrapped so kindly with bows. She had he own ties to this. she does not react on the instinct of nature. She knew something terrible was bound to happen with the piles of papers stacked on her desk with complaints about Templars from Mages and Mages from Templars. Instead of enforcing her power to prevent her end she allowed it to get out of her hands causing her own death. She was close to the Divine and could have easily gotten most assistance against the Mages outrage and the Templars oppressing ways. Instead she allowed it to become a warzone and allowed many lives she had protected to end abruptly.

Anders wanted death. You simply gave him what he wanted. I let him live so he could feel and watch the suffering of every mage as they perished to Templar blades. Giving into the needs of a crazed man only fuels the flame. In his mind he died a hero standing up for what he truly believed in. Allowing him to live he can see his injustice he has caused by a act of hatred fueled by to much rage. He can suffer along with the Mages he swore to protect.
If she did raise her hand and took such a stance she would defeat the purpose of being a Grand Cleric. Your dream of her being just as tyrannical as Meredith would have come true. She favored the mages because of what Meredith was doing, She allowed Orsino to do as he wished because she trusted him to guide the mages competently. Meredith did things on her own that the Grand Cleric did not approve of and that is not The Grand Cleric's fault. We do not want to face what we do not like but it is our own individual responsibilities to face them. The blood mages chose their path, no one chose it for them, there are ways to utilize magic that does not count on blood magic. Do not pretend that there is not choice involved or that one was cornered so that they had to use it. If every mage thought like that then every mage would become an abomination and then the nightmare that those who know the true potential of a mage would be realized.

Meredith may have been power mad but she would not have dared touch the Grand Cleric for without her, Meredith has no backing from the Templar Order nor the People. It is the chantry in which the Order is made not the other way around.

She was completely unaware of what was to unfold, she believed in compromise, she believed above all things in a peaceful solution. She did not react because it is not her place to defend the wicked nor does she believe in doing so, She took a stand for the mages where all others would see them shackled, despite the influence of blood magic, having faith that not every single mage was under the influence of a demon, unlike Meredith. She was murdered by that she sought to protect, she knew nothing of the abomination's plan and when asked to flee for her life, she stayed because she wanted to continue protecting the people.

I refuse to believe that there is anything left of the Anders nor Justice that I once knew. All that was left was a selfish Vengeance, who cannot and will never atone for his actions. I will fix it, I will fix all of it and regardless of what he believes I wash my hands of him. I've killed abominations before, vile shells of what they once were, what is one more? Anders isn't in there and neither is Justice, just another corpse
There is no choice for a Mage when their life is seriously as threaten as it was in KirkWall. Who would not want to learn enough magic to protect themselves fully from their bleeding enemies and having the power to control them and use them against their friends. No she should have stepped in she was not protecting anyone. Countless Mages became Tranquil going against the Chantries rules and guidelines. That is where she should have stepped in and aided those who she wanted to protect. Blood magic should have involved her anyways. The very thought of that inside of a Circle is a disgrace and forbidden by the Seekers.

No Meredith was so over powered by the idol she wanted to keep the Cleric out of the whole situation. Do you seriously believe that if Meredith ended up turning every single mage in KirkWall Tranquil that the Grand Cleric would not step in and not be slayed by Meredith for trying to control her. You can clearly see that the power the Grand Cleric has over Meredith was failing and it wouldn't have been much longer after Anders blowing the Chantry up for Meredith to go completely A-wall. If Orsino was allowed into the Chantry and spoke to the Grand cleric Meredith would have killed him. She always tries her damnest to hide her faults she even tries to prevent Orsino to go to the Chantry before it blows up because she knew she was in the wrong.

The Grand Cleric knew no peace would come of this. We all know that. She did not believe that her Mages were blood mages,but she knew some were. She did not react when Blood magic is against the Chantry laws. She did not step it to ensure freedom she sat back and watched until it was to late.

There is still Anders inside of him. I can see it. His strength and passion for Mages stayed. He has grown more serious,but who wouldn't facing a talking darkspawn and meeting the whole reason why your simple apostate life style was changed. A lot has happened to Anders he has seen a lot. If we played as a Grey warden our Grey Warden this game things would have been completely different. No one not even the Grand Cleric Meredith Orsino or Anders would go up against the Hero of Ferelden. This war would have been prevented Anders would turn against the Hero and you would end up killing him anyways. Only because of Vengeance.

I see pieces of Anders inside of him. I see the passion he has always had. I understand his goals. Though taking Justice inside of him was completely wrong. He should have known that. Spirits maybe the Maker's first children,but they should never be involved in the lives of the mortals outside of the fade. I disrespect him for taking in Justice,but nto for taking matters into his own hands. Can you say you did not take matters into your own hands when you involved yourself in KirkWalls uproar? Can you not say that if you had the chance you would have killed Meredith or Orsino the same way.
There is always a choice, that one would learn a demon's magic so they could use it on others is a choice. The very idea that anyone would dare think it alright to use magic to take of control of anyone in such a way is thinking just like a Tevinter mage and deserves death on the spot. The Rite of Tranquility is a necessary measure, I'm not sure you understand that. Magic is no gift, but a curse and those far too weak minded to control it must become Tranquil. The only other alternative is death and far too much blood has been spilled. A mage is not simply someone with magic power, they are a gateway and the mind is the only lock that keeps it closed from the Fade.

Meredith would have been stripped of her rank and would have been punished were she to even touch Orsino within the Chantry. The Grand Cleric was fighting her hardest, fighting the Viscount and Meredith with her words. If she were to simply sit back and accept everything every mage in kirkwall would have been imprisoned, tranquilized or killed. The people would have attacked the Qunari a lot sooner. You blame her for things that were not in her power to stop even though her goals and actions were good yet you promote Anders in his massacre of innocence simply because his goals were good? Elthina did not destroy a building with people who were sworn to peace inside.

No, if the Hero of Ferelden came things would not have been different, Just how Alistair was simply snubbed, so would the Hero be, by all except for Elthina. Anders would have been killed on the spot for fighting against what the Hero had been fighting for and he would still know no shame for what he had done. Justice is permissible, Murder is not.

Pieces do no make the whole, Having pieces of who he was simply makes him a mockery of what he used to be. He knew exactly what he was doing when he took Justice in, but he did not forsee what would happen when his desires corrupted Justice. I can say that I did not choose to murder the innocent, I can say that I would have chosen to make honor and peace highest priority, I can say I killed the abomination that had been using the Body of my friend.
We all have the choice,but when it comes to defending your own life would you not try anything in your power to live even if it meant turning to blood magic? I do understand that Magic is a curse not a gift and those who have weak minds need to become Tranquil to protect themselves and others. Given the chance to live or die would turn anyone into using something more sinister.

If that were to have happened then Anders would have removed the potion. Things would have settled and a war would have been averted.The Qunari are difficult to deal with we don't understand them at all. If they could have openly told us that Isabella stole what they came for then they would have continued with their plans of converting us. That was something unavoidable.

I think it would have been different since the Hero of Ferelden saved the world so I think even Meredith would listen to what the Hero would have to say. If not the Grand Cleric or the Viscount. I would to disagree with a voice outside of the problems to listen too. Plus as the Hero we wouldn't be "harboring" missing mages from KirkWalls Circle. (I freed the Circle of Templars when I went Mage) Plus the Hero kind has a higher power since we saved the freakin world XD.

I refuse to call Anders an abomination(i love him to much to call him that XD). Only because he is the only mage I've ever known or heard of to do something as serious as his actions. (besides tevinter) One man's hands has shifted the entire world for everyone. Who else could have done that single handily. Don't say the Warden we have 4 armies with us. He did all of that with pretty much no help at all.
It is unfortunate that because of the way the Templars had been ruling that things turned out the way they did. The mages did not deserve any of it, but likewise, The mages should not have been learning things they did not understand, that they could not control. Blood Magic is an assured death sentence, learning it simply puts the fear and paranoia into them, making it easier for a demon to break their control.

That is not how the Qun works, because the business of Kirkwall is not theirs nor is their business ours. They were not aware Isabella was traveling with us until much later, yet they would not ask of us something that they could do themselves that is unless, you were trying to prove your worth. The Arishok said it best.

"Fixing your mess is not the demand of the Qun! And you should all be grateful!"

It is not your place to begin making demands of the Viscount, Meredith would simply see you as another mage. Power is nothing in comparison to influence and even though you may have saved Thedas, people will still probably see you as someone to fix their problems, another glorified janitor. Kirkwall has a general lack of respect that I do not care for in the least. Elthina and the Viscount would probably listen though.

I will say the Warden, because it was not his or her army, it was the army of Men, Elves and Dwarves, marching together to face a terrible fate head on. He/She did not have their support from the beginning, He/She proved him/herself through many trials, From saving the soul of a Dalish Keeper from a never ending cycle of hatred To giving the Dwarves a strong and stable leader who would encourage change allowing his people to flourish where they had been stagnant for so long To molding an immature Templar into a worthy King of Ferelden. Proved him/herself worthy to chance upon Andraste's ashes and save not only the life of a man who he/she doesn't even know but his son as well. He/She believed in and saved the Circle of Magi where others saw it was a hopeless endeavor, calling for the Rite of Annulment.

It is only after all of this, did he have his/her army to face the blight, yet only one could make the finishing blow to the Achedemon and the warden took the responsibility in belief that after all he/she had done that maybe the world could change for the better when it was all over, that possibly, at least, the place he/she worked so hard to save, could finally be at peace.
Fear is something that is uncontrollable and easily clouds the mind of it's holder. Blood magic goes much further then Tevinter. The Dales have used Blood magic long before the humans ever heard of it. Though we used it in a much different way.

The Qun got shipwrecked in KirkWall. They were seeking a book they had no idea the location of. Since they did not know Isabella had the book till later. They still could have left since they were unaware of the placement of their book.

It may not be my place to demand a high power to listen,but even as a commoner they would have listened in concern for KirkWall. Then again the moment I arrived in KirkWall I saw it as a lost cause and I wish I could have been like.
"Isabella get the ship ready, Anders get your a** on that boat I'm doing dealing with this crap," and left to let Orsino and Meredith tear the others throats out.

Only reason why I would say they would listen to the Hero is because they owe it to the Hero to listen from protecting Ferelden and the rest of the world from the blight. I mean it's not like Leliana didn't write songs about her and the Hero saving the world. The Hero has a small amount of respectful gossip through out KirkWall. Anyone who has power will listen to another with power.

Kindly Conversationalist

9,200 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Vampire Aine
Kuroi Jinouga
Vampire Aine
Kuroi Jinouga
Vampire Aine
There is no choice for a Mage when their life is seriously as threaten as it was in KirkWall. Who would not want to learn enough magic to protect themselves fully from their bleeding enemies and having the power to control them and use them against their friends. No she should have stepped in she was not protecting anyone. Countless Mages became Tranquil going against the Chantries rules and guidelines. That is where she should have stepped in and aided those who she wanted to protect. Blood magic should have involved her anyways. The very thought of that inside of a Circle is a disgrace and forbidden by the Seekers.

No Meredith was so over powered by the idol she wanted to keep the Cleric out of the whole situation. Do you seriously believe that if Meredith ended up turning every single mage in KirkWall Tranquil that the Grand Cleric would not step in and not be slayed by Meredith for trying to control her. You can clearly see that the power the Grand Cleric has over Meredith was failing and it wouldn't have been much longer after Anders blowing the Chantry up for Meredith to go completely A-wall. If Orsino was allowed into the Chantry and spoke to the Grand cleric Meredith would have killed him. She always tries her damnest to hide her faults she even tries to prevent Orsino to go to the Chantry before it blows up because she knew she was in the wrong.

The Grand Cleric knew no peace would come of this. We all know that. She did not believe that her Mages were blood mages,but she knew some were. She did not react when Blood magic is against the Chantry laws. She did not step it to ensure freedom she sat back and watched until it was to late.

There is still Anders inside of him. I can see it. His strength and passion for Mages stayed. He has grown more serious,but who wouldn't facing a talking darkspawn and meeting the whole reason why your simple apostate life style was changed. A lot has happened to Anders he has seen a lot. If we played as a Grey warden our Grey Warden this game things would have been completely different. No one not even the Grand Cleric Meredith Orsino or Anders would go up against the Hero of Ferelden. This war would have been prevented Anders would turn against the Hero and you would end up killing him anyways. Only because of Vengeance.

I see pieces of Anders inside of him. I see the passion he has always had. I understand his goals. Though taking Justice inside of him was completely wrong. He should have known that. Spirits maybe the Maker's first children,but they should never be involved in the lives of the mortals outside of the fade. I disrespect him for taking in Justice,but nto for taking matters into his own hands. Can you say you did not take matters into your own hands when you involved yourself in KirkWalls uproar? Can you not say that if you had the chance you would have killed Meredith or Orsino the same way.
There is always a choice, that one would learn a demon's magic so they could use it on others is a choice. The very idea that anyone would dare think it alright to use magic to take of control of anyone in such a way is thinking just like a Tevinter mage and deserves death on the spot. The Rite of Tranquility is a necessary measure, I'm not sure you understand that. Magic is no gift, but a curse and those far too weak minded to control it must become Tranquil. The only other alternative is death and far too much blood has been spilled. A mage is not simply someone with magic power, they are a gateway and the mind is the only lock that keeps it closed from the Fade.

Meredith would have been stripped of her rank and would have been punished were she to even touch Orsino within the Chantry. The Grand Cleric was fighting her hardest, fighting the Viscount and Meredith with her words. If she were to simply sit back and accept everything every mage in kirkwall would have been imprisoned, tranquilized or killed. The people would have attacked the Qunari a lot sooner. You blame her for things that were not in her power to stop even though her goals and actions were good yet you promote Anders in his massacre of innocence simply because his goals were good? Elthina did not destroy a building with people who were sworn to peace inside.

No, if the Hero of Ferelden came things would not have been different, Just how Alistair was simply snubbed, so would the Hero be, by all except for Elthina. Anders would have been killed on the spot for fighting against what the Hero had been fighting for and he would still know no shame for what he had done. Justice is permissible, Murder is not.

Pieces do no make the whole, Having pieces of who he was simply makes him a mockery of what he used to be. He knew exactly what he was doing when he took Justice in, but he did not forsee what would happen when his desires corrupted Justice. I can say that I did not choose to murder the innocent, I can say that I would have chosen to make honor and peace highest priority, I can say I killed the abomination that had been using the Body of my friend.
We all have the choice,but when it comes to defending your own life would you not try anything in your power to live even if it meant turning to blood magic? I do understand that Magic is a curse not a gift and those who have weak minds need to become Tranquil to protect themselves and others. Given the chance to live or die would turn anyone into using something more sinister.

If that were to have happened then Anders would have removed the potion. Things would have settled and a war would have been averted.The Qunari are difficult to deal with we don't understand them at all. If they could have openly told us that Isabella stole what they came for then they would have continued with their plans of converting us. That was something unavoidable.

I think it would have been different since the Hero of Ferelden saved the world so I think even Meredith would listen to what the Hero would have to say. If not the Grand Cleric or the Viscount. I would to disagree with a voice outside of the problems to listen too. Plus as the Hero we wouldn't be "harboring" missing mages from KirkWalls Circle. (I freed the Circle of Templars when I went Mage) Plus the Hero kind has a higher power since we saved the freakin world XD.

I refuse to call Anders an abomination(i love him to much to call him that XD). Only because he is the only mage I've ever known or heard of to do something as serious as his actions. (besides tevinter) One man's hands has shifted the entire world for everyone. Who else could have done that single handily. Don't say the Warden we have 4 armies with us. He did all of that with pretty much no help at all.
It is unfortunate that because of the way the Templars had been ruling that things turned out the way they did. The mages did not deserve any of it, but likewise, The mages should not have been learning things they did not understand, that they could not control. Blood Magic is an assured death sentence, learning it simply puts the fear and paranoia into them, making it easier for a demon to break their control.

That is not how the Qun works, because the business of Kirkwall is not theirs nor is their business ours. They were not aware Isabella was traveling with us until much later, yet they would not ask of us something that they could do themselves that is unless, you were trying to prove your worth. The Arishok said it best.

"Fixing your mess is not the demand of the Qun! And you should all be grateful!"

It is not your place to begin making demands of the Viscount, Meredith would simply see you as another mage. Power is nothing in comparison to influence and even though you may have saved Thedas, people will still probably see you as someone to fix their problems, another glorified janitor. Kirkwall has a general lack of respect that I do not care for in the least. Elthina and the Viscount would probably listen though.

I will say the Warden, because it was not his or her army, it was the army of Men, Elves and Dwarves, marching together to face a terrible fate head on. He/She did not have their support from the beginning, He/She proved him/herself through many trials, From saving the soul of a Dalish Keeper from a never ending cycle of hatred To giving the Dwarves a strong and stable leader who would encourage change allowing his people to flourish where they had been stagnant for so long To molding an immature Templar into a worthy King of Ferelden. Proved him/herself worthy to chance upon Andraste's ashes and save not only the life of a man who he/she doesn't even know but his son as well. He/She believed in and saved the Circle of Magi where others saw it was a hopeless endeavor, calling for the Rite of Annulment.

It is only after all of this, did he have his/her army to face the blight, yet only one could make the finishing blow to the Achedemon and the warden took the responsibility in belief that after all he/she had done that maybe the world could change for the better when it was all over, that possibly, at least, the place he/she worked so hard to save, could finally be at peace.
Fear is something that is uncontrollable and easily clouds the mind of it's holder. Blood magic goes much further then Tevinter. The Dales have used Blood magic long before the humans ever heard of it. Though we used it in a much different way.

The Qun got shipwrecked in KirkWall. They were seeking a book they had no idea the location of. Since they did not know Isabella had the book till later. They still could have left since they were unaware of the placement of their book.

It may not be my place to demand a high power to listen,but even as a commoner they would have listened in concern for KirkWall. Then again the moment I arrived in KirkWall I saw it as a lost cause and I wish I could have been like.
"Isabella get the ship ready, Anders get your a** on that boat I'm doing dealing with this crap," and left to let Orsino and Meredith tear the others throats out.

Only reason why I would say they would listen to the Hero is because they owe it to the Hero to listen from protecting Ferelden and the rest of the world from the blight. I mean it's not like Leliana didn't write songs about her and the Hero saving the world. The Hero has a small amount of respectful gossip through out KirkWall. Anyone who has power will listen to another with power.
Who used it first is irrelevant. As I said it is the matter in which it is used. This point is made more prominent in the fact that those of Arlathan are now extinct and the Dales forbid blood magic while the Tevinter Imperium still prove to be strong in force and promote it.

Incorrect, The book was stolen by Isabela from Orlais when they had agreed to return the book to the Qunari. The Arishok chased Isabela down where their ships were caught in a storm, shipwrecking them both. The Arishok had no intention of leaving without that relic, his honor would not let him fail until he died. I suppose I should elaborate on that particular quote.

"A simple act of greed has bound me. We are all denied Par Vollen until I alone recover what was lost under my command! That is why the elf and her shadows are unimportant. That is why I do not simply walk from this pustule of a city. Fixing your mess is not the demand of the Qun! And you should all be grateful!"

I would have stayed as a peace keeper, regardless of what the situation is, one should try to save as much as they can. At least that is what I believe.

It won't matter, those in power generally choose to disassociate with other people in power, because they refuse to have their authority undermined. We may have done something great but we are not the First Enchanter, The Knight Commander nor the Viscount. We are simply outsiders and should be grateful to be allowed in the city at all.

Kindly Conversationalist

9,200 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Vampire Aine
Kuroi Jinouga
Vampire Aine
Kuroi Jinouga
Vampire Aine
Please? I wouldn't try Lyrium in a forest. I would be in a clearing or near a lake in at the circle itself.
Ogrhen, Sandal, Bhelen almost every other dwarf.

Kindly Conversationalist

9,200 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Hunter Rush
Kuroi Jinouga
Hunter Rush
Kuroi Jinouga
Hunter Rush
Vampire Aine
Do what I always do in a situation like that. Since I would hopefully have prepared myself and studied my surroundings I would find a few boulders holding on barely holding on I would draw them to the area as soon as they are under the boulders I would simply run up the side of the wall heading towards the boulders and throw a dagger in the right spot to cause the boulders to crush the ogres. Wouldn't be too hard.

Boulders big enough or high enough to crush Ogres in the Roads are few and far between. Most of the walls are very solid. You aren't fighting in some mountain pass. You're fighting in caves artfully dug out and reinforced by Dwarves in the prime of the architectural skill.
Destroy its jugular with a Crushing Prison spell? Or disrupting it's blood flow with Blood Wound causing it to hemorrhage!

She can delve into Lyrium all she wants. All it will give her are a few unique abilities. It will not make her a Mage.
Magic ability is always an advantage over those without.

Kindly Conversationalist

9,200 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Hunter Rush
Kuroi Jinouga
Hunter Rush
Kuroi, I think I have a fundamental problem with two of your views on magic in DA. I may be misinterpreting something on this first part, but the context in which you said it implies that you believe Blood Magic to be Demon Magic. I do not believe this to be the case. I believe that Blood Magic is another way to access the Mana in a person's body, and use it as an energy source for their magic. Mana is present everywhere, only Mages are born with the ability to manipulate it. The only reason Blood Mages are more susceptible to possession is because they tend to use their own blood, and lots of it, for casting. And, if you've ever been operating while missing one or more pints of blood, then you know just how weak your mind can get like that. That doesn't mean it is inherently demonic. What it can lead to, and what people believe it promotes, leads the public to view Blood Magic as evil, but it is simply another form of magic. It is not the magic that makes you evil, it is what you do with it. Unfortunately, a Blood Mage must be of incredibly strong mind when casting with their own blood, or they will be possessed. There are consequences for everything a person does, the consequences for Blood Magic are just more obvious.

The second thing is that you believe magic is a curse. It is not. It is neither gift nor curse. It's like saying someone being born tall, or strong, or fast, or smart is cursed. It is a genetic trait, nothing more. As with Blood Magic, the downsides of being born a Mage are more obvious than others inherent traits, but that does not make it a curse. Does a strong man not have to learn self-restraint so that he doesn't hurt others with his everyday actions? Does a tall man not have to learn humility so that he doesn't look down on others emotionally as he is forced to physically? These are not curses, and these are not gifts. These things just are. It is how a person uses what they are born with that determines who and what they are.
You are correct in assuming my view of Blood Magic as Demonic Magic. However I choose to believe Blood Magic is as such is due to how close the Origin of Blood Magic is related to "Demons" as I will call them. It is in my opinion that Magic in it's simplest form, energy, and that Mages do manipulate it to do their bidding, but it is not that I view Demonic Magic as evil, just the purpose behind it which it is used, the action taken when it is used is generally evil. I did not see Jowan as evil when he attacked just to flee for his life, But the way people like Idunna and Quentin use it is simply unforgivable. Likewise it is much more dangerous to use it considering how much easier it is for a demon to be drawn to you when you utilize the hidden energy within your blood. Like you said, there are consequences when using magicks but it all comes down to choice and discipline, there is no leeway for weakness of the mind nor bad choices when it comes to magic, because either may end up getting you or someone else killed, sometimes both.

I have pondered over what you have said and I find myself in agreement. I suppose I have been slightly jaded in my view of magic, that my own shackles have made me bitter. Magic is not to be toyed with lightly, just the same way a sword should not be, but the blade is not at fault for user's short comings, it is simply a tool and those who do not have the prowess to use it will end up cutting themselves. But how do you feel when you witness so many misuse and abuse it to the extent that it causes a war? That there is no moral compass to be found when dealing with the Tevinter in general?

Those who use magic, in any form, in such ways must be punished. If they are early in their sulf-fulfilling career, then the punishment can be light. To serve as a warning and to hopefully guide them towards the proper use of magic. Those, like the Mage Lords of Tevinter, who are far along down that path must be removed. Not only do they give Mages like us a bad name, but they endanger the very fabric of reality. These are the people who believe that magic is a gift, and as such believe they can do what they want with it. Before I, apparently, brought you around, you were one who thought it was a curse. And so you practice strict control and set up contingencies should you break. Both, in my opinion, are extreme. There must be a balance between control and freedom. Mages like us, who are responsible in our use of magic and belong to no Circle, should be the ones to punish Mages like those in the Imperium. We are Mages, so we know the dangers these people are unleashing, but we serve no organization with some hidden agenda. That is why I distrust Templars. I find them necessary, but the fact that they are run by the Chantry bothers me. Until a separate group steps up to provide the security against Abominations this world needs, free Mages like should fill that role. And, at some point, we should march on the Imperium and slaughter its highest Mages.
It would be interesting to have a group of mages that specialize in hunting down other unstable or dangerous mages. However I, for one, believe in the Templars and the Chantry. Do not mistake me, there are few in the Templar order and the Chantry that I trust. It is the idea behind them that I believe in, I know that I seen the black city on the horizon far too much to not believe that there is some higher power that watches but does nothing, something stronger then the old gods who wish nothing but death and sacrifice. I believe in the power of mana negation that the Templars use, even we utilize such powers in our own repertoire or skills. In a perfect world, where honor and duty was key, not greed and fear, the Templars would possibly the greatest protectors of life in the world. In a perfect world the Chantry would do as it is supposed to and safeguard all things under the maker's gaze. However this is not a perfect world and unfortunately neither are those with the Order or Chantry.

Anxious Hunter

7,150 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Guildmember 100
Kuroi Jinouga
Hunter Rush
Kuroi Jinouga
Hunter Rush
Kuroi Jinouga

Magic ability is always an advantage over those without.

That is true, but it isn't like she'll be able to throw balls of fire around or something.

Anxious Hunter

7,150 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Guildmember 100
Kuroi Jinouga
Hunter Rush
Kuroi Jinouga
Hunter Rush

It would be interesting to have a group of mages that specialize in hunting down other unstable or dangerous mages. However I, for one, believe in the Templars and the Chantry. Do not mistake me, there are few in the Templar order and the Chantry that I trust. It is the idea behind them that I believe in, I know that I seen the black city on the horizon far too much to not believe that there is some higher power that watches but does nothing, something stronger then the old gods who wish nothing but death and sacrifice. I believe in the power of mana negation that the Templars use, even we utilize such powers in our own repertoire or skills. In a perfect world, where honor and duty was key, not greed and fear, the Templars would possibly the greatest protectors of life in the world. In a perfect world the Chantry would do as it is supposed to and safeguard all things under the maker's gaze. However this is not a perfect world and unfortunately neither are those with the Order or Chantry.

I believe in the Maker. I even believe Andraste was who she said she was. But the Chantry is corrupt. The Templars should not be under the control of the Chantry. They hold too much responsibility to be controlled by a corrupt system.

Bloodthirsty Inquisitor

16,650 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Seasoned Warrior 250
Kuroi Jinouga
Vampire Aine
Kuroi Jinouga
Vampire Aine
Kuroi Jinouga
Vampire Aine

Who used it first is irrelevant. As I said it is the matter in which it is used. This point is made more prominent in the fact that those of Arlathan are now extinct and the Dales forbid blood magic while the Tevinter Imperium still prove to be strong in force and promote it.

Incorrect, The book was stolen by Isabela from Orlais when they had agreed to return the book to the Qunari. The Arishok chased Isabela down where their ships were caught in a storm, shipwrecking them both. The Arishok had no intention of leaving without that relic, his honor would not let him fail until he died. I suppose I should elaborate on that particular quote.

"A simple act of greed has bound me. We are all denied Par Vollen until I alone recover what was lost under my command! That is why the elf and her shadows are unimportant. That is why I do not simply walk from this pustule of a city. Fixing your mess is not the demand of the Qun! And you should all be grateful!"

I would have stayed as a peace keeper, regardless of what the situation is, one should try to save as much as they can. At least that is what I believe.

It won't matter, those in power generally choose to disassociate with other people in power, because they refuse to have their authority undermined. We may have done something great but we are not the First Enchanter, The Knight Commander nor the Viscount. We are simply outsiders and should be grateful to be allowed in the city at all.
I guess you're correct in that. I see blood magic as a threat,but I also see it as a life line in a utterly dire need for survival.

Yeah..I just think the Qun is a little crazy. Though the Qun have little to no respect for the way the rest of the world works, They still should have respected the wishes of Hawke and the Viscount and not go off the chain.

I understand that there will be haters and people filled with fear, only because they do not understand the way of the Qun and unless you are Qun you will never truly understand. I believe Hawke should have been a bit more focused on the rallying groups that were against the Qun.

Though we all know having two different religions in one area with two completely different ways to believe will always cause chaos. It is just the way of things I guess. Humans didn't approve of the way elves live they came and destroyed everything. Qunari don't like the way humans live and believe so they create a war between them to force everyone imprisoned to convert to the Qun.

Alright then why is the Divine herself involved in KirkWall and tells us that everyone is watching KirkWall. The Divine herself has only one reason to be there the Mages over throwing the Templars. Though when you find out this information it is cutting close to when Anders plants to bomb in the chantry.

Another reason why I say they would listen to the Hero, because The Grand Cleric really isn't stupid and neither is the Viscount. Both of them see that peace is not going to happen between Templars and mages. Both are struggling to hold their control over both sides. When conflict of that degree happens (like in Ferelden a Landsmeet would be called and all the nobles would come to discus the matter) The hero would not waltz in there demanding they listen. They would be there to help since we all know we are bitches to the entire world in that game. Though both Meredith and Orsino would not be present when the Hero would speak to the grand Cleric and Viscount because those two in a room is listening to a old married couple who were never even in love.

Nothing was going to prevent the "Change" that we were told was going to happen because of us..I mean kinda..but kinda not you have a choice to tell Anders no and that he is on his own and he'll still do it on his own. The only way for it to be avoided completely would be if the Grand Cleric left KirkWall leaving only the Sister's and Mother's to die. People were more pissed about the Grand Cleric dieing then anyone else that was inside the Chantry. It was really only maybe 12 or 13 people who were killed..Unlike the mages where there was 50 if not more or the Templars.

Bloodthirsty Inquisitor

16,650 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Seasoned Warrior 250
Kuroi Jinouga
Vampire Aine
Kuroi Jinouga
Vampire Aine
Kuroi Jinouga
Vampire Aine
Ogrhen, Sandal, Bhelen almost every other dwarf.
Oh yay..I can never get along with dwarfs. They always make fun of my ears.

Bloodthirsty Inquisitor

16,650 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Seasoned Warrior 250
Happy Turkey Day guys!

Kindly Conversationalist

9,200 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Vampire Aine