Welcome to Gaia! ::

7,350 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
I LOVE THE MODS! DOES ANYBODY ELSE? THE MODS ARE GOOD TO ME, AND IF YOU LOVE THE MODS YOU GET FAIRY WINGS! I FEEL SORY FOR THE PEOPLE WHO DON'T LOVE MODS THEY NEVER GET GIFT BOXES AND HAVE TO SUFER!

And that's how this thread got started over 7 years ago.

Hi, I'm Romuel. First poster, first saint, and Den Mother Emeritus to Do You Believe in Mods, or DYBIM.

Back in 2004, DYBIM began in the morality and religion section of ED. In fact, if you take a look at page 306 on this thread, you'll see an explanation of the fun circumstances in detail. Basically, there were some insane posters, we wondered where the mods were, and being M&R this devolved into a discussion on the existence of mods, beginning with the post above. the next 10 pages that followed are pure hilarity.

From those 10 pages, several side-threads formed. We founded some guilds, one of which, the First Church of Mod (Reformed) is still about. After a priority shift by the mods, we were moved to the chatterbox. I don't know the average lifespan of a chatterbox thread, but that was our home for three years. We survived and prevailed. We had our 50,000th page there. But after some discussion, we talked with a mod explaining that since we were friends who chat, we'd be better suited in FC.

So, where are we now?

2 guilds (at most recent count)
at least 2 clans that I know of,
We've been active in most of the gaia events, and had some RL ones
We've even been responsible for some RL relationships and marriages! whee
And in a delightful twist of irony, some of our members have become mods and helpers.

We're quite friendly. We look for people of all ages and groupings. We talk about all sorts of things. We're humorous and irreverent. Some ground rules.

No Spam: No contests, no advertising, no 10000X10000 images of bleeding jesus. Spam will be reported by members to the moderators.

No Trolling: We don't tolerate abuse. Not from outside, and not from inside. This is an environment where people enjoy conversation and discussion. Abusing others doesn't contribute to this. This includes offensive language, behavior, slurs, and the standard -isms. If you feel there's a problem, feel free to PM Romuel with the circumstances, and She'll sort it out. Individuals who repeat in trolling will be banned outright. If you want to be nasty, take it to the PM's or elsewhere. This rule also applies to all participants.

PG-13: I don't want to hear about how you found a picture of someone being sodomized with an artificial tiger-phallus. If you wish to share this information with your friends, do it in PM.

There's also a semi no-drama and no-politics rule, but those are 'Rommy steps in before everyone's in tears' rules. Also, if you have a problem, tell me, or tell one of the 'saints' (see the guild). (6/7/09)ED conversations need to be moved to their appropriate locations. Trigger topics (rape,incest,physical/emotional abuse) that could make other posters uncomfortable and wish to leave, are forbidden. The conversation needs to move immediately, and if not, PM me the names of those discussing the topic. They will be dealt with.

Is there a lot of jargon and insiderspeak? Yep. However you are one jello baptism away from being on the path of fairy wings!

Play with us. Have fun.

Love,

Romuel, FSFPTM

3/18/11 7 years. It's time to say goodbye. The thread remains, the love remains, and I might return from time to time. But I've sold my goods, given the proceeds away, and am moving on. Goodbye, my lovelies.

Rommy.

7,350 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Terrant

I'll have three of whatever pills you're popping my dear.

Darling, you so don't want my thyroid medication. It makes my mornings goofy.
You are one of the coolest people on Gaia.
You and Karashebi and Eternitian and Shaviv, and Defenestrated, and Nymtra, and Meghan, and I'm leaving a bunch of people out, I know...

Anyway. Thanks for making M&R a better place to be.
If it weren't for people like you - M&R would just be people like billyboyblue spouting off at regular intervals: like Old Faithful.
Amata
You and Karashebi and Eternitian and Shaviv, and Defenestrated, and Nymtra, and Meghan, and I'm leaving a bunch of people out, I know...

If it weren't for people like you - M&R would just be people like billyboyblue spouting off at regular intervals: like Old Faithful.

Hey, don't forget yourself.
Sinner
Amata

And Sinner. And Karashebi again, just for the record. xd
Sinner
Amata

I figure that it goes without saying - if I'm astute enough to know my peers and my betters, well, then my name gets implicitly added to the end of the list.
Besides, applauding someone else is not about congratulating myself.
wink

7,350 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Amata

*blush*
Thank you. ANd you're three shades of wonderfull yourself.

BUT U DIDN"T ANSWER MY QUESTION!??? WHY WON"T ANYONE ELSE SAY THEY LUV MODS? DON'T BE AFRAID!!!
Well, regardless of whether I believe in them or not, I've just PM'ed one.

[URL=http://bildeau.go-gaia.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1494358]GOOD MORNING KIDDYS:I SEE YOU ARE ALL UP FOR CHURCH! HE HE![/URL]

[URL=http://bildeau.go-gaia.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1494540]BEFORE[/URL]

[URL=http://bildeau.go-gaia.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1494406]IN CASE YA'LL HAVE FORGOTTEN[/URL]

[URL=http://bildeau.go-gaia.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1485622]GOOB GOOB GOOB JOOB[/URL]

[URL=http://bildeau.go-gaia.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1485645]MYSTIC MAGI OF TIME AND SPACE[/URL]

[URL=http://bildeau.go-gaia.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1478385]THE ENOCH TRANCE[/URL]

Is this a complete list of BBB's spam topics, or did I miss some?
If other people want to alert a mod, feel free to use this list.
Amata

heart
Romuel
Amata

*blush*
Thank you. ANd you're three shades of wonderfull yourself.

BUT U DIDN"T ANSWER MY QUESTION!??? WHY WON"T ANYONE ELSE SAY THEY LUV MODS? DON'T BE AFRAID!!!

Of COURSE I love the mods...just not with as many caps. oh and I can use goofiness in the mornings..that's why I've been reading Billyboy's posts..at least I get a good laugh.
eek

There is only one mod who created Gaia and those who hate that mod shall go to... Gaian hell!! 3nodding blaugh

7,350 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Snivellus
eek

There is only one mod who created Gaia and those who hate that mod shall go to... Gaian hell!! 3nodding blaugh

What? Chatterbox?
Snivellus
eek

Firstly, he is an admin. The all powerful Lanz-weh! PH34R!!!
Romuel
Snivellus
eek

What? Chatterbox?

There is no Chatterbox. Chatterbox is purely a figment of the collective imagination, a sort of defensive mechanism for coping with the pure joy that is ED. Mere humans cannot handle the idea of living in ED, under the protection and favor of the Mods, so they invented the idea of Chatterbox to give them a sense of balance.
And I concur, since your appearance here you have fast become one of my favorite ED participants. May the Mods smile upon you.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff