Welcome to Gaia! ::

Working at a camp is great until evening hits and you don't have much to do. Who would have thought that the night life in the middle of the wilderness would be so dull? Well, I do have something to do, but that's not for another three hours. So... yeah.

How's it going?
... Well this is awkward.

Enduring Sex Symbol

Yeah, awkward is the word I'd use. 3nodding
1-800-OMG-STFU

Well if anything I guess it's nice to have good word choice. rolleyes
I dunno. I live in a city, and my night doesn't sound any different from yours, lèl

Enduring Sex Symbol

Oifelle
1-800-OMG-STFU

Well if anything I guess it's nice to have good word choice. rolleyes

I'd say so! emotion_yatta
Legacy of Gay Luigi
I dunno. I live in a city, and my night doesn't sound any different from yours, lèl

I suppose that's true. Boredom exists everywhere.
Oifelle
Legacy of Gay Luigi

I suppose that's true. Boredom exists everywhere.

Of course. But mainly because I really don't go out, haha. For various reasons.
One of them being the location of the nightlife is where I work at during the day, so there's no way in hell I want to go there after im off or on my days off.
Legacy of Gay Luigi
One of them being the location of the nightlife is where I work at during the day, so there's no way in hell I want to go there after im off or on my days off.

Oh yeah, I know that feeling. I know whenever I get the opportunity to drive into town I go. However, living where you work kind of makes it hard to escape sometimes.

Lonely Humorist

8,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Informer 100
escape is only one hatchet spree away

Interesting Businesswoman

5,550 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
What's life like to be a mountain hermit?
Of course there's the thing that you probably go outside. I go walk around the block every day tho. I need to go hiking soon, but I want to wait until the temperatures are cooler and hopefully my daughter's walking.....
so...
what's it like to work at a wilderness camp?
I hope you have a good night.
smile

Friendly Vampire

6,250 Points
  • Timely Contributor 100
  • Tycoon 200
Good I take your job if you like. I love the wild
klein_eine
Of course there's the thing that you probably go outside. I go walk around the block every day tho. I need to go hiking soon, but I want to wait until the temperatures are cooler and hopefully my daughter's walking.....
so...
smile

I love going hiking up here, but lately the mountain lions in the area have been getting closer since we don't have the normal hustle and bustle of the summer season so it's usually discouraged to go hiking at night. I've already had a few encounters with them myself so I'm not going to push my luck anymore. I don't worry about the bears because they're so skittish.

This is my first "off season" working up here full time and it's definitely going to take some time to adjust. During the summer there's always a constant something going on and we have triple the staff, but during the fall/spring/winter we're mainly busy during the weekends for conferences. We do have outdoor education groups during the week, but sometimes it feels like they're not even here. I'm the head baker up here so I don't interact with the guests a whole lot, but I'm starting to look at ways to get involved with our little ~community~ up here. I'll probably start tutoring some of the staff kids. Overall being here is interesting just because you live, work, and hang out with the same small group of people. Sometimes the social climate feels a little like high school all over again just because everyone is so into each others' business all the time.

Last night ended up being pretty good once I went and hung out with some of my out-of-department friends. We ended up playing "Murder in the Dark" in one of the unused dorms and some hilarious stuff happened.

Interesting Businesswoman

5,550 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
Oifelle
klein_eine
so...
smile

I love going hiking up here, but lately the mountain lions in the area have been getting closer since we don't have the normal hustle and bustle of the summer season so it's usually discouraged to go hiking at night. I've already had a few encounters with them myself so I'm not going to push my luck anymore. I don't worry about the bears because they're so skittish.

This is my first "off season" working up here full time and it's definitely going to take some time to adjust. During the summer there's always a constant something going on and we have triple the staff, but during the fall/spring/winter we're mainly busy during the weekends for conferences. We do have outdoor education groups during the week, but sometimes it feels like they're not even here. I'm the head baker up here so I don't interact with the guests a whole lot, but I'm starting to look at ways to get involved with our little ~community~ up here. I'll probably start tutoring some of the staff kids. Overall being here is interesting just because you live, work, and hang out with the same small group of people. Sometimes the social climate feels a little like high school all over again just because everyone is so into each others' business all the time.

Last night ended up being pretty good once I went and hung out with some of my out-of-department friends. We ended up playing "Murder in the Dark" in one of the unused dorms and some hilarious stuff happened.

It's funny how you never really and truly leave high school because so many other life events are so similar to high school.
Never gone camping. Looks like fun but I dunno about not bathing....did it a few weeks ago because of work and about to do it again this week. Not fun. Hate this state..

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff