Welcome to Gaia! ::

Kawaii Shoujo

LizasaurusRex
the ultimate betrayal
LizasaurusRex
the ultimate betrayal
LizasaurusRex

Haha, my MO is to make a thread, receive a lot of well-wishing and absolutely no prospects, and within a day or so dissolve into a spiral of disappointment. At that point, I usually give up on Gaia entirely for about a month to six months, and then start the whole cycle over again.

Your method sounds a lot more organized and certainly more sensical.

I'm pretty good on this Saturday/Sunday. Just clicked to midnight for me, so I guess it's Sunday, though it still feels like it's Saturday. What about you? Which day are you up to, and how are you on it?

aw, that's a bummer! all the search threads i see are like. always straight dudes. especially either the more established ones or the ones that keep getting remade. need more ladies.
i dunno if i'd say i'm organized, but i like keeping thing in one little compartment. i dislike making threads. it takes a lot of uhm...mental preparation to put myself out there like that, and this way if i bump it and no one posts a least i already have a few pages so it doesn't look too sad...? i dunno, i get very self-conscious if i think about it so i just don't.

ah i'm an hour behind you, i guess. it's 11pm here. c: my day wasn't so great but it wasn't terrible either. a lazy day, i guess. i shouldn't be lazy, though, i have a lot of stuff i need to get done. >w< i'm kind of irresponsible sometimes, i dunno. i at least did the dishes, so i consider that a victory. and i took a shower. two victories!

Yeah, tell me about it.
The only "prospects" I seem to garner are dudes who think I can be "flexible," or "open-minded."
I'm like, uh, no, that's not how it works, thanks. I don't want your junk, I don't need your junk, I only like ladyjunk.
Ehhh... I know what you mean about the self-consciousness. Probably another reason why I tend to abandon my threads is that after a while it's just me, alone, bumping, and that's just a little too sad. Looks like we have the same reasons for our methods, but different methods for the same reason!

My day was decent. Went to my aunt's house to file taxes... aaand promptly forgot all my documents at home, so I gotta go back tomorrow. I went to Target and bought some new socks and a cute wallet instead!

Well, you were a lot more productive than I was. And sometimes getting the little stuff accomplished feels better than the big stuff. I don't know what it is about me and showers but I drag my feet to take one, but then when I'm in there, all warm and steamy and comfy, I drag my feet to leave! I think it's the being cold and naked part in between that I dislike so much, haha. That is, of course, assuming I'm taking a shower alone, haha. X3

oh man. dudes like that are literally the worst. i hate it when people ask like. ~why are you a lesbian, what happened with a guy to turn u gay~ like. women's sexuality doesn't revolve around men, jfc.

hhahah yeah! usually if i bump my thread it's like once or twice a day, or whenever i remember to. i don't like just bumping, but i usually get pretty decent conversations going. i wish people would post here instead of pm me but i can't blame them for being shy 'cause i do the same some times.

aw. :c filing taxes seems stressful. i didn't have to do it this year or last year, and the year before that when i did it i had help so i didn't need to do much. I LOVE SOCKS. and wallets. what kind of design does it have?

haha i'm the same way with showers. though for me it's the fact that i have to comb my hair after that deters me from showering. my hair is long and it's curly and gets tangled a lot, so combing it can be really annoying. the thing is, the longer i take between showers the worse the tangley-ness gets...

Sometimes I respond to questions like that with questions of my own, "Why are you hetero? What happened with a guy/girl to turn you straight?" If they don't get how dumb their questions are after that, I just give upppppp!

I almost prefer getting PMs, actually, since it's way easier to keep track of conversations, haha. But I do like the bonus of keeping the thread active that goes with posting in the thread instead. Also, it seems a little presumptuous to just PM someone before introducing yourself. A bit like answering an ad for a job by just showing up for an interview without calling ahead or submitting your resume. I dunno. I'm weird like that I guess, haha.

Eh, it's not the most adult thing I've ever done - that award goes to sorting out my own heath care provider this year - and it's not all that difficult. TurboTax does most of the work for me! It's a lovely little bit of software. :3

The wallet I got is one of those hardback ones, with the snap closure. It's sort of a darkish seafoam color with itty bitty navy diamonds and triangles in a repeating pattern. This one! (http://www.target.com/p/merona-printed-hard-case-wallet-blue/-/A-15008065#prodSlot=medium_1_21&term=wallet) The color is closer to seafoam in person, dunno why it looks so turquoise in the picture.

Ahh, my hair's not that, uh, high-maintenance, I guess. It's decently long (long enough to almost cover myself should I decide to become a mermaid, but not like Birth-of-Venus long), and a pain to deal with conditioner-wise, cause my scalp will be oily when my ends are still dry, and trying to only condition half your hair is a difficult task, indeed. But I can definitely see why not wanting to deal with the chore of hair-maintenance can be a deterrent, as even my hair is a pain in the butt. Frizzy as heck if I don't tame it, too, bleh.

ime tey typically don't understand why what they said is so offensive. maybe i'm just unlucky tho. :c i generally avoid talking to dudes about it. or anyone, really, i dunno.

that's true, pms are easier but there's that awful delay which makes it so irritating when i have more than one conversation going. also i think you don't get gold from pms now, and you get some from posting so there's that? though i don't post for gold anyway, idkidk.

haha. that is pretty adult! i can't afford health care but i'm poor enough that i won't be penalized for it, so it works out, i guess. i mean, except for the fact i still can't afford health care hahaha. it seems silly that taxes are so difficult to do... :C

ahh i love wallets like that! that one is really cute. i have one that's covered in butterflies but i don't carry a purse so i never really use it.

hair is such a pain omg. i wish i could chop it off and just have short hair but i look horrible with short hair. more horrible. whatevs. :C also itgets curlier the shorter it is and i dislike having it be ultra-curly. so i just get it trimmed every once in a while when i can spare the cash.

what time is it for you? o:

Witty Ladykiller

13,250 Points
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Nerd 50
  • Bunny Spotter 50
the ultimate betrayal
LizasaurusRex
the ultimate betrayal
LizasaurusRex
the ultimate betrayal
LizasaurusRex

Haha, my MO is to make a thread, receive a lot of well-wishing and absolutely no prospects, and within a day or so dissolve into a spiral of disappointment. At that point, I usually give up on Gaia entirely for about a month to six months, and then start the whole cycle over again.

Your method sounds a lot more organized and certainly more sensical.

I'm pretty good on this Saturday/Sunday. Just clicked to midnight for me, so I guess it's Sunday, though it still feels like it's Saturday. What about you? Which day are you up to, and how are you on it?

aw, that's a bummer! all the search threads i see are like. always straight dudes. especially either the more established ones or the ones that keep getting remade. need more ladies.
i dunno if i'd say i'm organized, but i like keeping thing in one little compartment. i dislike making threads. it takes a lot of uhm...mental preparation to put myself out there like that, and this way if i bump it and no one posts a least i already have a few pages so it doesn't look too sad...? i dunno, i get very self-conscious if i think about it so i just don't.

ah i'm an hour behind you, i guess. it's 11pm here. c: my day wasn't so great but it wasn't terrible either. a lazy day, i guess. i shouldn't be lazy, though, i have a lot of stuff i need to get done. >w< i'm kind of irresponsible sometimes, i dunno. i at least did the dishes, so i consider that a victory. and i took a shower. two victories!

Yeah, tell me about it.
The only "prospects" I seem to garner are dudes who think I can be "flexible," or "open-minded."
I'm like, uh, no, that's not how it works, thanks. I don't want your junk, I don't need your junk, I only like ladyjunk.
Ehhh... I know what you mean about the self-consciousness. Probably another reason why I tend to abandon my threads is that after a while it's just me, alone, bumping, and that's just a little too sad. Looks like we have the same reasons for our methods, but different methods for the same reason!

My day was decent. Went to my aunt's house to file taxes... aaand promptly forgot all my documents at home, so I gotta go back tomorrow. I went to Target and bought some new socks and a cute wallet instead!

Well, you were a lot more productive than I was. And sometimes getting the little stuff accomplished feels better than the big stuff. I don't know what it is about me and showers but I drag my feet to take one, but then when I'm in there, all warm and steamy and comfy, I drag my feet to leave! I think it's the being cold and naked part in between that I dislike so much, haha. That is, of course, assuming I'm taking a shower alone, haha. X3

oh man. dudes like that are literally the worst. i hate it when people ask like. ~why are you a lesbian, what happened with a guy to turn u gay~ like. women's sexuality doesn't revolve around men, jfc.

hhahah yeah! usually if i bump my thread it's like once or twice a day, or whenever i remember to. i don't like just bumping, but i usually get pretty decent conversations going. i wish people would post here instead of pm me but i can't blame them for being shy 'cause i do the same some times.

aw. :c filing taxes seems stressful. i didn't have to do it this year or last year, and the year before that when i did it i had help so i didn't need to do much. I LOVE SOCKS. and wallets. what kind of design does it have?

haha i'm the same way with showers. though for me it's the fact that i have to comb my hair after that deters me from showering. my hair is long and it's curly and gets tangled a lot, so combing it can be really annoying. the thing is, the longer i take between showers the worse the tangley-ness gets...

Sometimes I respond to questions like that with questions of my own, "Why are you hetero? What happened with a guy/girl to turn you straight?" If they don't get how dumb their questions are after that, I just give upppppp!

I almost prefer getting PMs, actually, since it's way easier to keep track of conversations, haha. But I do like the bonus of keeping the thread active that goes with posting in the thread instead. Also, it seems a little presumptuous to just PM someone before introducing yourself. A bit like answering an ad for a job by just showing up for an interview without calling ahead or submitting your resume. I dunno. I'm weird like that I guess, haha.

Eh, it's not the most adult thing I've ever done - that award goes to sorting out my own heath care provider this year - and it's not all that difficult. TurboTax does most of the work for me! It's a lovely little bit of software. :3

The wallet I got is one of those hardback ones, with the snap closure. It's sort of a darkish seafoam color with itty bitty navy diamonds and triangles in a repeating pattern. This one! (http://www.target.com/p/merona-printed-hard-case-wallet-blue/-/A-15008065#prodSlot=medium_1_21&term=wallet) The color is closer to seafoam in person, dunno why it looks so turquoise in the picture.

Ahh, my hair's not that, uh, high-maintenance, I guess. It's decently long (long enough to almost cover myself should I decide to become a mermaid, but not like Birth-of-Venus long), and a pain to deal with conditioner-wise, cause my scalp will be oily when my ends are still dry, and trying to only condition half your hair is a difficult task, indeed. But I can definitely see why not wanting to deal with the chore of hair-maintenance can be a deterrent, as even my hair is a pain in the butt. Frizzy as heck if I don't tame it, too, bleh.

ime tey typically don't understand why what they said is so offensive. maybe i'm just unlucky tho. :c i generally avoid talking to dudes about it. or anyone, really, i dunno.

that's true, pms are easier but there's that awful delay which makes it so irritating when i have more than one conversation going. also i think you don't get gold from pms now, and you get some from posting so there's that? though i don't post for gold anyway, idkidk.

haha. that is pretty adult! i can't afford health care but i'm poor enough that i won't be penalized for it, so it works out, i guess. i mean, except for the fact i still can't afford health care hahaha. it seems silly that taxes are so difficult to do... :C

ahh i love wallets like that! that one is really cute. i have one that's covered in butterflies but i don't carry a purse so i never really use it.

hair is such a pain omg. i wish i could chop it off and just have short hair but i look horrible with short hair. more horrible. whatevs. :C also itgets curlier the shorter it is and i dislike having it be ultra-curly. so i just get it trimmed every once in a while when i can spare the cash.

what time is it for you? o:

Really? Hm. I just went to the heathcare marketplace website and filled out all their many, many (many many many) questions about my income (tiny), expenses (many), household etc. and it said I was eligible for Medicaid with no additional premium. So basically the government is giving me health insurance, which is pretty neat. If it weren't past the deadline, I'd say you should give it a shot. Oh, well, next year, I guess. But if you're under 26, you should be covered under your parents' insurance, assuming they have any. I was under my mom's until this year, which is why I had to sign up for the first time on my own, as my job does not cover me.

Aw, cute! I can't help but drag all number of purses, knitting bags, bags-inside-bags, etc. around with me, just in case I need anything, haha.

Mm, yeah, I hear that. My hair is more wavy than curly, but the shorter it gets the more the wave turns into curl, and it's a pain in the butt to dry and de-frizz and even worse to attempt to straighten, so I keep it long enough for it to be too heavy to hold that much of a curl, but not too long that I get the foolish urge to chop it all off (though that does happen every three years or so when I can't stand it being long anymore).

It's just 2am here. 1am where you are?

Kawaii Shoujo

LizasaurusRex

Really? Hm. I just went to the heathcare marketplace website and filled out all their many, many (many many many) questions about my income (tiny), expenses (many), household etc. and it said I was eligible for Medicaid with no additional premium. So basically the government is giving me health insurance, which is pretty neat. If it weren't past the deadline, I'd say you should give it a shot. Oh, well, next year, I guess. But if you're under 26, you should be covered under your parents' insurance, assuming they have any. I was under my mom's until this year, which is why I had to sign up for the first time on my own, as my job does not cover me.

Aw, cute! I can't help but drag all number of purses, knitting bags, bags-inside-bags, etc. around with me, just in case I need anything, haha.

Mm, yeah, I hear that. My hair is more wavy than curly, but the shorter it gets the more the wave turns into curl, and it's a pain in the butt to dry and de-frizz and even worse to attempt to straighten, so I keep it long enough for it to be too heavy to hold that much of a curl, but not too long that I get the foolish urge to chop it all off (though that does happen every three years or so when I can't stand it being long anymore).

:C i did everything and there was nothing i could find i could afford? but i'm not too sure how it works, it was all very confusing. my mom has uh...medicare, i think, but i don't think i'm covered? i dunnoooo.

i've never been comfortable carrying a purse. i have all sorts of weird hangups about feminine behavior, like i feel like i'm not cute enough to be girly lmao. it's rly dumb but at least it saves me from the times purses are inconvenient.

aw that sucks. ;_; i can straighten my hair with an iron all right but chemically straightening it doesn't work for me which makes me sad. hair is so hard. :C i wish i could rock short hair, short hair is cute.

it's uh. 1am where i am, yes c:

Devoted Seeker

I'm not a lesbian, but I would like to be treated like a little girl. redface

Kawaii Shoujo

Frill Seeker

and what do u mean by that

Devoted Seeker

the ultimate betrayal
Frill Seeker

I want to be someone's Gaia daughter. How cute would that be?

Kawaii Shoujo

Frill Seeker
the ultimate betrayal
Frill Seeker

ahh i never understood gaia families. o:

also i love your username, it is The Best

Devoted Seeker

the ultimate betrayal
Frill Seeker
the ultimate betrayal
Frill Seeker

Aww thanks! I appreciate that.
As for the Gaia family thing, it's just for kicks and giggles.
I just want someone to pay attention to me, love me, and call me Princess and stuff. xp

Witty Ladykiller

13,250 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Bunny Spotter 50
the ultimate betrayal
LizasaurusRex

:C i did everything and there was nothing i could find i could afford? but i'm not too sure how it works, it was all very confusing. my mom has uh...medicare, i think, but i don't think i'm covered? i dunnoooo.

i've never been comfortable carrying a purse. i have all sorts of weird hangups about feminine behavior, like i feel like i'm not cute enough to be girly lmao. it's rly dumb but at least it saves me from the times purses are inconvenient.

aw that sucks. ;_; i can straighten my hair with an iron all right but chemically straightening it doesn't work for me which makes me sad. hair is so hard. :C i wish i could rock short hair, short hair is cute.

Huh, weird. I found it more confusing than I thought it should be, but managed to muddle through. Unless I get some very angry people calling me to yell at me that I did it wrong, I think I figured it out, haha. X3

Aw, silly! I am so not cute enough to be super girly but I do it anyway. I take my cue from Charlize Theron and walk everywhere like a queen. If I can't pull off cute, I'm sure as s**t gonna at least try for regal and just a bit scary.

Ugh, I pray to the gods of haircare daily that I could rock short hair. I'm thinking of dyeing my hair like turquoise or purple, but I fear it just won't look as good with long hair as it does with like a bob or shorter. Alas!

So where are you from? I mean, based on your time zone, I can figure out where you are, longitudinally. Latitudinally, however, you could be anywhere from Eureka, Canada down to Lima, Peru. You don't have to be specific if you don't want to. I'm just a curious sort, haha.

Kawaii Shoujo

LizasaurusRex
the ultimate betrayal
LizasaurusRex

Huh, weird. I found it more confusing than I thought it should be, but managed to muddle through. Unless I get some very angry people calling me to yell at me that I did it wrong, I think I figured it out, haha. X3

Aw, silly! I am so not cute enough to be super girly but I do it anyway. I take my cue from Charlize Theron and walk everywhere like a queen. If I can't pull off cute, I'm sure as s**t gonna at least try for regal and just a bit scary.

Ugh, I pray to the gods of haircare daily that I could rock short hair. I'm thinking of dyeing my hair like turquoise or purple, but I fear it just won't look as good with long hair as it does with like a bob or shorter. Alas!

So where are you from? I mean, based on your time zone, I can figure out where you are, longitudinally. Latitudinally, however, you could be anywhere from Eureka, Canada down to Lima, Peru. You don't have to be specific if you don't want to. I'm just a curious sort, haha.

when i did it he site was buggy and kept uhm. not letting me proceed. when i was hospitalized they did it for me so maybe that's part of the problem. i guess i'll just have to try again another time, but for te meantime i'm not penalized so life is good.

psh i'm sure you're cute enough for girliness. i think almost everyone is cute in their own way. and haha going for regal and scary is pretty awesome so even if you AREN'T cute i'm sure you're awesome.

i do think unnatural colors are better with shorter hair but i'm sure you could rock it if you had the right shade. especially if you put it up a lot.

i'm from nebraska!C: how abuot you?

Kawaii Shoujo

Frill Seeker
the ultimate betrayal
Frill Seeker
the ultimate betrayal
Frill Seeker

Aww thanks! I appreciate that.
As for the Gaia family thing, it's just for kicks and giggles.
I just want someone to pay attention to me, love me, and call me Princess and stuff. xp

ahaa i want to do that to someone but have that someone be a girlfriend. ;o; sorry!

Witty Ladykiller

13,250 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Bunny Spotter 50
the ultimate betrayal
LizasaurusRex
the ultimate betrayal
LizasaurusRex

when i did it he site was buggy and kept uhm. not letting me proceed. when i was hospitalized they did it for me so maybe that's part of the problem. i guess i'll just have to try again another time, but for te meantime i'm not penalized so life is good.

psh i'm sure you're cute enough for girliness. i think almost everyone is cute in their own way. and haha going for regal and scary is pretty awesome so even if you AREN'T cute i'm sure you're awesome.

i do think unnatural colors are better with shorter hair but i'm sure you could rock it if you had the right shade. especially if you put it up a lot.

Haha, thanks. X3

Hmm, true. I'm gonna have to give it some thought. Maybe compromise and cut my hair somewhere in the middle, where I can still put it up, but have less of it to hassle with. Hmmmmmm.........

Nebraska! Woooowwww yeah I have no frame of reference for what Nebraska is like. I went to Kansas once when I was very little, but don't remember much other than it was really flat, heh. I'm from New York. Like, New York City, New York. Okay, technically the suburbs of NYC, but so darn close it's pretty indistinguishable. Like so close I habitually just walk over to the Bronx to take the subway.

Kawaii Shoujo

LizasaurusRex
the ultimate betrayal
LizasaurusRex
the ultimate betrayal
LizasaurusRex

Haha, thanks. X3

Hmm, true. I'm gonna have to give it some thought. Maybe compromise and cut my hair somewhere in the middle, where I can still put it up, but have less of it to hassle with. Hmmmmmm.........

Nebraska! Woooowwww yeah I have no frame of reference for what Nebraska is like. I went to Kansas once when I was very little, but don't remember much other than it was really flat, heh. I'm from New York. Like, New York City, New York. Okay, technically the suburbs of NYC, but so darn close it's pretty indistinguishable. Like so close I habitually just walk over to the Bronx to take the subway.

ooh mid-length is good. o:

how is it in nyc? it seems like it'd be too crowded. i have rly bad agoraphobia and social anxiety so thatd be torture for me, i think.

Witty Ladykiller

13,250 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Bunny Spotter 50
the ultimate betrayal
LizasaurusRex
the ultimate betrayal
LizasaurusRex
the ultimate betrayal
LizasaurusRex

Haha, thanks. X3

ooh mid-length is good. o:

how is it in nyc? it seems like it'd be too crowded. i have rly bad agoraphobia and social anxiety so thatd be torture for me, i think.

The thing about NYC is that there are literally so many people everywhere all the time that no one notices you. At all. There is always someone behaving way weirder, wearing something way more obvious, or acting way more obnoxious literally just feet away from you, so unless you're wearing a rainbow jumpsuit on stilts playing a trombone, no one is even gonna know you're there. Which can be either terrifying or exhilarating, depending on your viewpoint.

I happen to like it. I like being able to blend into a crowd of people, or just be part of what a tourist would see as the landscape. NYC's not NYC without people. I remember seeing some artist's photography of famous NYC landmarks (Times' Square, Empire State Building, Statue of Liberty, the Met steps) with all the people photoshopped out, and it was goshdarned EERIE. But I digress.

The 'burbs isn't nearly as crowded. They range from the urban sprawl where I grew up, a bit anonymous with a high population, and everybody minding their own business; to the smaller hamlets and townships where everyone knows everyone else's businesses and the "potted plant thief" makes headlines. I think it's really cool to live in a place where I can experience both. And like 20 miles north, you've got the open expanses of State Parks and farm country. It is an extremely diverse and odd place to live.

What about you? What's it like in your part of Nebraska?

Wealthy Businesswoman

3,100 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Autobiographer 200
the ultimate betrayal
WANT TO HEAR IT INSTEAD OF READ IT? CLICK HERE.

Hello, I'm Noble.

If you're a girl, you should be my girlfriend.
Or rather, we should talk and then totally be each others' girlfriends if we jive like that.

I want either a serious relationship or a more here-for-the-now-let's-roll-with-the-punches kind of thing. I have realistic expectations, especially considering this is Gaia, yeah yeah.

Anyway I'm a lesbian, naturally, so I don't know how well this will go.
I always want friends, though, so if you either are not female or are not interested in women, let's talk anyway.

EDIT: HEY I NEED POKEFRIENDS GIVE ME YOUR FRIEND CODE.

ANOTHER EDIT: I need to redo this first post, I guess. But here are some things:

I'm a 23-year old college student majoring in physics. And maybe double majoring or getting a minor in math??? I'm not sure yet.
I'm a huge video game nerd and I like art. And drawing.
I have schizophrenia, panic disorder, general anxiety disorder, social phobia, and agoraphobia. I'm being treated for all of it, though.
I'm pretty awkward but I like to talk, so. Okay.

Hi I'm melisza(: I ant to get to know you(: so message me sometimeCX

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces