Welcome to Gaia! ::

2,750 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250
Okay people are always scared about friday the 13 i mean besides jasons friday the 13 and his b-day i mean i did watch the movie but y are they scared and y do they think is bad luck question question question question question question

5,500 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Dressed Up 200
Because people are gullible and stupid thats why.
i totally agree

5,000 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Invisibility 100
Nobody actually knows why Friday the 13th is bad. It's just some old superstition that's been passed down from generation to generation.
Magic.
It's the reason why ZUN isn't making a Touhou 13 yet u___u;;

Note: This is just a joke ;D

6,050 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Wall Street 200
The reason why it is rumoured that Friday the 13th is a day of bad luck is because at the last supper where Jesus and his disciples sat down for dinner Judas was the last person to sit at the table tallying the number of people eating there at 13. Early the next morning he betrayed Jesus and Jesus was killed that very day. That day was a Friday.

Oh My Boo's Wife

Sir Fatcat

21,665 Points
  • Firestarter 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
I think that in some religions and mythologies something about 13 was viewed badly and everything was always 12 or 3 or some other number that was anything but 13 >.<

Illuminated Spirit

Because of serial killers.
TransAtheist
Nobody actually knows why Friday the 13th is bad. It's just some old superstition that's been passed down from generation to generation.
There's a history behind it, but nowadays, it's just a scapegoat for our F-ups. Our pride won't let us admit the times when we fail, so we have to point the finger at Friday the 13th.

Questionable Cat

32,450 Points
  • Enemy of the Goat 25
  • Festive Eye 50
  • Tree's the Season 100
ZombiHendrix
There's a history behind it, but nowadays, it's just a scapegoat for our F-ups. Our pride won't let us admit the times when we fail, so we have to point the finger at Friday the 13th.

Yeah, that's a dumb reason for it. Also untrue. Ankh already pointed out at least one reason why folks these days consider Friday the 13th bad luck. The rest is just memetic mutation as the reasons behind it got lost and murky. And then there's all those movies and shows that have come up in the last century that portray it as a day when malevelent things come out and actively try to kill you.

2,350 Points
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Autobiographer 200
because titanic set sail on that day and a few days later it sank+ people are gullible and superstitious about the number 13

Timid Genius

Watch more charmed.
Not saying it's right or anything, but I heard that Friday the Thirteenth is considered bad luck because the Knights Templar, or Templar Knights depending on how you say it, were all condemned to death on Friday the Thirteenth. Apparently, every single knight was killed that day. None escaped.

Big Member

Becuz they know that....actually idk

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas