Welcome to Gaia! ::

Animal Citizen

10,850 Points
  • Bidding War 100
  • Profitable 100
  • Timid 100
Does anyone know how the whole bad luck on a friday which day number is 13 came about?

Eloquent Lunatic

14,150 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Champion 300

6,950 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
  • Full closet 200
I honestly don't.
Google it.
But I do know that it should be Monday the 13th.
Because Fridays are the best days of the week,
and Monday's suck a**. It makes more sense.

Dedicated Smoker

i dont know

Malevolent Kitten

22,925 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Nerd 50
Wikipedia has a great page on it.

If you are too lazy to click that link, or you know better than to follow random links;

Friday
Quote:
Friday has been considered an unlucky day at least since the 14th century's The Canterbury Tales,[3] and many other professions have regarded Friday as an unlucky day to undertake journeys or begin new projects. Black Friday has been associated with stock market crashes and other disasters since the 1800s.[6][7] It has also been suggested that Friday has been considered an unlucky day because, according to Christian scripture and tradition, Jesus was crucified on a Friday.[8]

Quote:
In numerology, the number twelve is considered the number of completeness, as reflected in the twelve months of the year, twelve hours of the clock, twelve gods of Olympus, twelve tribes of Israel, twelve Apostles of Jesus, the 12 Descendants of Muhammad Imams, etc., whereas the number thirteen was considered irregular, transgressing this completeness. There is also a superstition, thought by some to derive from the Last Supper or a Norse myth, that having thirteen people seated at a table will result in the death of one of the diners.
It’s because on Friday the 13th of October 1307, King Philip of France had the Knights Templars rounded up and arrested for allegedly denying Christ, spitting on the cross, sodomy, and worshiping Satan. Templar headquarters in France were all raided and Jacques de Molay was arrested along with his leading knights. Some think the King of France made up the charges in order to claim the Templar’s wealth, but others, including Anton LaVey, Aleister Crowley and other prominent occultists believe the accusations were authentic.
The majority of the Knights Templar escaped and vanished and their massive amounts of treasure vanished with them. Evidence suggests that the Knights Templar created Freemasonry and continued their occult practices and business ventures under this cloak. Their knowledge of fractional reserve banking was carried on within the Mystery Schools, ultimately leading up to the creation of the Federal Reserve banking system by the Illuminati in 1913.

8,350 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Invisibility 100
Van Rompuy
It’s because on Friday the 13th of October 1307, King Philip of France had the Knights Templars rounded up and arrested for allegedly denying Christ, spitting on the cross, sodomy, and worshiping Satan. Templar headquarters in France were all raided and Jacques de Molay was arrested along with his leading knights. Some think the King of France made up the charges in order to claim the Templar’s wealth, but others, including Anton LaVey, Aleister Crowley and other prominent occultists believe the accusations were authentic.
The majority of the Knights Templar escaped and vanished and their massive amounts of treasure vanished with them. Evidence suggests that the Knights Templar created Freemasonry and continued their occult practices and business ventures under this cloak. Their knowledge of fractional reserve banking was carried on within the Mystery Schools, ultimately leading up to the creation of the Federal Reserve banking system by the Illuminati in 1913.

Are you a god? eek

Animal Citizen

10,850 Points
  • Bidding War 100
  • Profitable 100
  • Timid 100
-X-Scarlett-Rapture-X-
I honestly don't.
Google it.
But I do know that it should be Monday the 13th.
Because Fridays are the best days of the week,
and Monday's suck a**. It makes more sense.

Yeah, no one ever seems to want to do anything on Monday's

Amorous Prophet

12,450 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Tycoon 200
Van Rompuy

This is exactly right. I'm glad someone else knew. 4laugh

Reddel's Wife

Hot Wench

the movie I think ... or maybe since it's like a once a year thing ? biggrin Idk
Antonio_mk
the movie I think ... or maybe since it's like a once a year thing ? biggrin Idk

lol friday the 13th is not a once a year thing

4,400 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Friendly 100
i honestly dont know but i always just assumed that it was cuz some random dude got bad luck on friday the 13th and thts how it came to be
There was a secret society called the Knights Templar. The government thought they had too much power and killed them all on Friday the 13th.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff