Welcome to Gaia! ::

5,850 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Trader 100
starkaat
Some of our coolest traditions/customs come from terrible, terrible things.
The first example that comes to mind is "Ring Around the Rosie" being about the bubonic plague. emotion_awesome

Well that is a little..... creepy but also interesting

5,850 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Trader 100
FairyLemons
Enishi_Sparda
Friday the Thirteenth is seen as an unlucky day because way back in the crusades there was a mass burning of the Templars due to them being seen as Heritics by other people. They were hunted down, beaten and burned, said to be devil worshipers and has always been seen as unlucky from that day forth....

And also, in Chinese culture they believe the 13th is an unlucky number. 1 + 3 = 4 (which is pronunced as si, the same as "death" in Chinese)

That is interesting but my favorite number is 4 crying (no wonder i am so unlucky)
i never known that thx for sharing smile if u wanna chat add me quote me or send pm or follow me on twitter username is jennyimel1 thank u dueces
I always thought is was stupid that hotels skipped the 13th floor.... confused

Gothic's King

Desirable Sex Symbol

19,140 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Megathread 100
Enishi_Sparda
Darkness_Consumes_Within
_MissBeHaven96_
Buzybee99
That is..uh.. scary....

Lol its not scary....its really interesting actually....

I happen to think the number 13 in itself is interesting as well ;3.

Get this... You cannot get 6:66 on a clock... Right? Instead you get 7:06... 7+6 = 13

The number 13 is rooted in controversy, and has developed into a superstitious thing. it never ceases to amaze me how much comes from that number xD.
I was told it was because the chruch did something bad like beating up inocent people and acussing them of going against god or something like that

Versatile Attacker

11,475 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Mark Twain 100
MusikFr3ak
FairyLemons
Enishi_Sparda
Friday the Thirteenth is seen as an unlucky day because way back in the crusades there was a mass burning of the Templars due to them being seen as Heritics by other people. They were hunted down, beaten and burned, said to be devil worshipers and has always been seen as unlucky from that day forth....

And also, in Chinese culture they believe the 13th is an unlucky number. 1 + 3 = 4 (which is pronunced as si, the same as "death" in Chinese)

nuoo way!>u< 13 is my fav. #

And mine too! And actually I was born on a Friday 13th ;D

Versatile Attacker

11,475 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Mark Twain 100
Angry Cute Mogas
FairyLemons
Enishi_Sparda

That is interesting but my favorite number is 4 crying (no wonder i am so unlucky)

aww my favorites are 4 and 6! Usually, I have good days, so... yeah..

6,850 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Citizen 200
Hmmm I never knew this stuff. Very interesting! biggrin You really do learn something knew everyday eek
starkaat
Some of our coolest traditions/customs come from terrible, terrible things.
The first example that comes to mind is "Ring Around the Rosie" being about the bubonic plague. emotion_awesome

thats true.

Sexy Assailant

The floor isn't even really skipped, just the label of 13 is. It's just silly.

Akira Sumato
I always thought is was stupid that hotels skipped the 13th floor.... confused
eek I actually had good luck on Friday the 13th. Superstitions.. -.-

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out