Welcome to Gaia! ::

2,700 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Wall Street 200
Superior Squid
But most are reasonable fears, or were at some time.

Friday is considered a day of bad luck in some cultures. 13 is an Imperfect number (the perfect being 12; 12 greek gods, 12 months of the year, 12 hours in a day and night, etc.). Imperfect things are considered the Devil's work. Thus, Friday the 13th is considered an unlucky day.

In Europe, cats were considered animals of witches, or a witch in disguise, and the Devil's helpers. So, they burned cats. The colour black represenst desease and death. Also, black animals, such as crows, are believed to be soul carriers in many Native American cultures. So, black cats were witches who stole your soul. Thus, the fear of black cats.

Throwing salt over your shoulder was used to "blind" demons.

When you walk under a ladder, it's very shaky. So, walking under one was pressing your luck. It also has something to do with triangles, but I forget what that's about.

If you think about it hard enough, you can think of perfectly reasonable reasons for these fears.

ROTFLOL
I have a black cat. His name is Midnight. He's my buddy, and he's so cute and FLUFFEH! xD

But, yeah, I don't believe any of the superstitions. It's just gonna be another boring Friday for me.
drakeenzo1
Superior Squid

Friday is considered a day of bad luck in some cultures. 13 is an Imperfect number (the perfect being 12; 12 greek gods, 12 months of the year, 12 hours in a day and night, etc.). Imperfect things are considered the Devil's work. Thus, Friday the 13th is considered an unlucky day.

In Europe, cats were considered animals of witches, or a witch in disguise, and the Devil's helpers. So, they burned cats. The colour black represenst desease and death. Also, black animals, such as crows, are believed to be soul carriers in many Native American cultures. So, black cats were witches who stole your soul. Thus, the fear of black cats.

When you walk under a ladder, it's very shaky. So, walking under one was pressing your luck. It also has something to do with triangles, but I forget what that's about.

If you think about it hard enough, you can think of perfectly reasonable reasons for these fears.

ROTFLOL

...what? I don't get the joke.

2,700 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Wall Street 200
Superior Squid
drakeenzo1
Superior Squid

ROTFLOL

It is so silly what people belive some times.
drakeenzo1
Superior Squid
drakeenzo1
Superior Squid

ROTFLOL

I don't believe in superstitions. I was just explaining the reasoning behind them.

Why did you assume I'm superstitious?

4,650 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Junior 100
Who the ******** are you to judge people on what they believe?

2,700 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Wall Street 200
Superior Squid
drakeenzo1
Superior Squid
drakeenzo1
Superior Squid

ROTFLOL

I don't believe in superstitions. I was just explaining the reasoning behind them.

I never said you believed in that
drakeenzo1
Superior Squid
drakeenzo1
Superior Squid
drakeenzo1
Superior Squid

ROTFLOL

I never said you believed in that

Oh. My bad!

But yeah, it is kind of silly.
i dont believe in most superstitions... except the ladder one
I Am Trista
What Proof do we have that superstitions could be true...I say none! If you agree or have any reason to believe that superstitions are true, let me know.

superstitions aren't true well i don't know that they are but a lot of people think that a little bad luck one year on friday the thirteenth that all superstitions are true it's kinda funny ninja

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff