its not true emotion_awesome

Accursed Widow

32,450 Points
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
Lunartail
maybe you should train him to be walked. or change his diet, poor thing

I tried to take him for a walk the other day, but he was terrified. He actually escaped from the leash and ran back to the house before we could even leave our driveway. And we can't change his diet because we have other cats that are both really skinny. We're kind of at a loss as to what we should do for him sad
Your Baconess
Lunartail
maybe you should train him to be walked. or change his diet, poor thing

I tried to take him for a walk the other day, but he was terrified. He actually escaped from the leash and ran back to the house before we could even leave our driveway. And we can't change his diet because we have other cats that are both really skinny. We're kind of at a loss as to what we should do for him sad
try asking getting advice from the vet?
in ireland a black cat walking across you path is considered good luck

Accursed Widow

32,450 Points
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
J-Mizzle

Huh, now there's an interesting little piece of information. I wonder where the bad luck idea came from...

Gawker

Your Baconess
J-Mizzle

Huh, now there's an interesting little piece of information. I wonder where the bad luck idea came from...

Probably 1000s of years ago when a black cat started winding around the originator's legs, tripping him up and causing all sorts of problems. emotion_awesome Hence "bad luck."

6,100 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Citizen 200
Silly people! You are ALWAYS in the cat's path.

Because all the paths belong to the cat.

Accursed Widow

32,450 Points
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
I just googled why black cats are bad luck and got this
Quote:
The ability to see in the dark, the lightning quick reflexes and glowing eyes all lend weight to the superstition that black cats are unlucky. Cats will often freeze in place and look at a disturbance that is almost undetectable to us, which many people believe is evidence that the common housecat can see into the spirit realm. In fact, that belief has endured for over a thousand years. No other domestic animal is as mysterious, and thus the target of superstition, as the common cat.

Cats have the honour of being mentioned in several religions, and were even deified by the ancient Egyptians. The male cat was inextricably linked to the Egyptian god, Ra, and female cats with the god, Bastet. It was actually worse to kill a cat in ancient Egypt, than it was to kill a human being.

Besides ancient Egypt, the cat can be found in the ancient writings of Mohammed and Confucius. The Romans even took the cat under their wing, and identified felines with their god, Diana, also known as Hecate. This wasn't a good moment for the cat as a race, since Hecate was said to take the form of a cat when she left the underworld to visit earth.

Later, after the fall of Rome, the cat was thought to be the symbol of Satan in Europe. This belief naturally carried over to witches, who were thought to need a familiar if their magical powers were to be effective. Of course, the witch was also thought to be able to take the physical form a black cat.

In short, the cat has been deified, Satanized, Demonized and domesticated. It's really no shock that some of the folklore and beliefs from the past has leaked through to present day, making the cat one of the most feared, yet respected animals to walk the planet.

I thought that was kind of interesting, if anyone wants to know cat_3nodding

Accursed Widow

32,450 Points
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
Colossia
Your Baconess
J-Mizzle

Probably 1000s of years ago when a black cat started winding around the originator's legs, tripping him up and causing all sorts of problems. emotion_awesome Hence "bad luck."

I wouldn't be surprised 3nodding

Accursed Widow

32,450 Points
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
Serenitychan13
Silly people! You are ALWAYS in the cat's path.

Because all the paths belong to the cat.

So true. cat_xp

4,200 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Informer 100
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
lol black cats are evil sweatdrop

Accursed Widow

32,450 Points
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
ladieswomanthe1st