Welcome to Gaia! ::

Naughty Nerd

41,625 Points
  • Miasmal Lake Defender 250
  • Miasmal Lake Champion 500
  • Jump Start Boot 100
Who here has a black cat? I wanna see it cat_whee

A word of caution: On days when superstitions/fear runs high, such as Friday the 13th and Halloween, it's best to keep black cats indoors because there are people even today who are so superstious, religious, or phobic that they may hurt or kill a black cat if they find it roaming around.

This is my kitty Antwan. (I made this pic myself, you are welcome to share it with your friends and family)

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Also, many years ago, I had a different black cat, named Snuggles. Most of the pics we have of her aren't very good... sweatdrop Here's the best one we have found so far:

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Unfortunately we gave her away after a while and did not keep in contact with her new owner cry She was only about 5 years old when we gave her away, and it's 11 years later, so it's very possible she (and her adopted sister Putty, who was 3 when we gave her away, but isn't all black) could still be alive somewhere today. We just have no way of knowing.

Show pics of your black cats and discuss the stigma associated with them and your feelings toward the subject. Let's have a Black Cat Chat cat_ninja

Sith Faced's Waifu

Lonely Phantom

your cats are super cute omg <3

Believer

This is my girl, Samantha.
User Image

Obsessive Bibliophile

26,450 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Spirit of the Smackdown! 100
If black cats crossing your path were really bad luck, I would be SO dead a long time ago!

I don't have any pics in photobucket to post, but my avi has virtual versions!

Lucky represents Harry, who is solid black. He is slim and has a long tail with a hook at the end just like the pose of Lucky you see.

My demon kitty represents Hermione, Harry's sister, who I lost to cancer a couple of years ago. I love the glare of this kitty avi. It looks just like Hermione, who could cower any other cat with her look.

Belle is Rukia, except Rukia is only sweet like Belle half the time. The other half she is channelling Hermione. Then she is really scarey.

On my head is non-black Renji, Rukia's brother. He does have black tats though, so he should get a few points!

I also have a black and red tortoiseshell, solid gray and orange tabby IRL, not pictured here.

I wish Gaia would make a tortoiseshell cat!

I keep all my kids indoors or on my porch unless leashed. (Except Harry, but he still has to be attended. He's 14 and too dignified to run anywhere unless it's to dinner!) My all gray kitty has a docked tail because she got hit by a car while she was a stray. My orange tabby has HIV from getting bitten by another cat while he was a stray. There have also been coyotes in my neighborhood a couple of times. NOT safe.

Obsessive Bibliophile

26,450 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Spirit of the Smackdown! 100
Bellatrix LeBleu
This is my girl, Samantha.
User Image

Such a good kitty! I would love to have posed pics of my kids, but they will not sit still. They all feel the need to head-but my camera or me when I'm holding it.

Naughty Nerd

41,625 Points
  • Jump Start Boot 100
Kassavdra
If black cats crossing your path were really bad luck, I would be SO dead a long time ago!

I don't have any pics in photobucket to post, but my avi has virtual versions!

Lucky represents Harry, who is solid black. He is slim and has a long tail with a hook at the end just like the pose of Lucky you see.

My demon kitty represents Hermione, Harry's sister, who I lost to cancer a couple of years ago. I love the glare of this kitty avi. It looks just like Hermione, who could cower any other cat with her look.

Belle is Rukia, except Rukia is only sweet like Belle half the time. The other half she is channelling Hermione. Then she is really scarey.

On my head is non-black Renji, Rukia's brother. He does have black tats though, so he should get a few points!

I also have a black and red tortoiseshell, solid gray and orange tabby IRL, not pictured here.

I wish Gaia would make a tortoiseshell cat!

I keep all my kids indoors or on my porch unless leashed. (Except Harry, but he still has to be attended. He's 14 and too dignified to run anywhere unless it's to dinner!) My all gray kitty has a docked tail because she got hit by a car while she was a stray. My orange tabby has HIV from getting bitten by another cat while he was a stray. There have also been coyotes in my neighborhood a couple of times. NOT safe.
Gaia does make a few calico cats, but no tortoiseshell sad

You have so many cats! I'm jealous. emotion_kirakira

Naughty Nerd

41,625 Points
  • Jump Start Boot 100
Enma Aiii
Thank you cat_mrgreen

Believer

Kassavdra
I know what you mean. This is the best pic I have of her and it wasn't intentional. I was setting up an area to take pics of my creepy doll collection and when I came back with the dolls she was sitting there waiting for me, lol

Cuddly Puppy

emotion_c8

User Image

User Image

Believer

basselope7
I remember when I was a kid there was someone or group near by that would skin peoples cats and hang them on the owner's front doors on Halloween. They targeted black cats but actually no cat was safe. It went on for a few years and then just stopped. Sickening. We always kept our cat indoors.

Believer

oOo Tragic Melody OoO

User Image
Looks like she's staring at a little orb. cat_whee

Believer

basselope7
Enma Aiii
Thank you cat_mrgreen
I second that. cat_3nodding black cats are my favorite!

Feral Loiterer

Those cats are so cute. heart
I don't have mine anymore. Allergies won't allow it.

Cuddly Puppy

Bellatrix LeBleu
oOo Tragic Melody OoO

User Image
Looks like she's staring at a little orb. cat_whee

Yeah. whee

Shepherd Sorey's Partner

Melodious Mage

13,425 Points
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Doggone It! 100
Aww black kitties ; w;
Mine went missing years ago. ): I miss Lucy.

I had a picture of her but I can't find it. She was the sweetest kitty.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff