Welcome to Gaia! ::

Magic Hobo

Samuel Elias Carswell
Kitty Gnar-Gnar
Samuel Elias Carswell
Kitty Gnar-Gnar
Samuel Elias Carswell
Kitty Gnar-Gnar

"Teapots are excellent conversationalists." And you're high more than you aren't, Gnar.

He looked around the room, as though this was a tough question. He had kind of been living in the frat house for the past few days, but that was neither here nor there. "I'm from around, yeah," he said. "I'm kind of less than settled at the moment, got a boat in dry dock across town, but y'know."

"... A boat in a dry-dock? That... seems less than comfortable." He fussed with his now-gloved hands. That false one moved realistically enough- one would never pick it unless they dressed him down. The young man bore a look of genuine concern. He was a touch naive, yes, and more than a little awkward, but he WAS a caring soul. "How did that come about?..."

"It's a houseboat," said Gnar, shrugging. "And, I own a houseboat, and a pair of a*****e friends stole it a while back to have their honeymoon or health excursion or whatever down the coast of Spain, and I just got it back recently, and it's not in much of a condition to be out on the water without some repairs." He smiled, twisting his hands together to make the knuckles crack. "Once I get it cleaned up again it'll be a Party Boat."

"Ah..."

Lucien would probably be less than impressed- for good reason, too- but this odd individual seemed harmless enough. In addition, he was quite willing to play along with Samuel's delusion that he was, in fact, still intact, and that scored points by itself.

"... I suppose you could come back with me if you need somewhere more habitable to stay... I do tend to work most of the night, and it's just a little townhouse, but I'm sure it could handle a third occupant."

'Just a little townhouse'? It was one of the grander ones in town, but it would appear little to a man that had grown up in a grand luxury manor.

The look in Gnar's eyes was a shining, trusting, wondrous one, of the sort usually found on young dogs, or red pandas.

"Really?" he said, breathlessly. "And you're not drunk right now, so you're not going to forget or pretend you didn't mean it in the morning?"

And Gnar was apparently still sober enough to refrain from cackling like a madperson and shouting 'You idiot! You've invited me in! You'll never get rid of me now!'

"No, I'm sober. Quite pointedly sober." He wasn't sure he'd ever trust alcohol again. "All I ask is that you keep the less wholesome things from my apprentice. He's sixteen, and as-is he's a handful. Put something unwholesome within his reach, and I'm sure he'll try it at least once. He's a good boy, but he's... adventurous."

He drummed his fingers on his chin as he thought. "I'll need to pick up a new couch though. Mine met a mysterious, smashy sort of fate. I'm still puzzled..."

"Ha, I'll try." He rubbed the back of his neck. Do you even know what counts as unwholesome anymore, Gnar? "I never grew out of that phase myself."

He bounced on the balls of his feet, excitedly. "No rush! I can sleep pretty much literally anywhere."

(( bad decision-making 101: invite Gnar to live with you. x3 ))
Samuel Elias Carswell

"I have absolutely no idea what you're talking about, but here's a cigar."

When in doubt, offer little luxuries? Samuel fussed nervously with his fingers, hoping that at the least he'd not have offended.

Ducking under a table, Darshana stared at the man and his companion curiously as they seem undisturbed by the strange blue flashing object bouncing recklessly around the room. It was a sight to behold, here is this man chatting contently with his friend, offering up a cigar while glass from bottles and windows shattered all around him.

"Ummmm you guys might want to..." Before she could finish her sentence, the strange object found itself stuck in a corner in the rafters. "Oh never mind." Sighing she moved from under the table and proceeded to sit in a chair next to it. Hanging her head in thought, she momentarily forgot the man had addressed her in the first place.

Suddenly as if struck by lightning a thought occurred, "Oh Yeah!" She popped up from her seat and rushed over to Sam grabbing him by the shoulders. "You can help right? Yes you can help. So help."

Toothsome Lunatic

11,400 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Person of Interest 200
Kitty Gnar-Gnar
Samuel Elias Carswell
Kitty Gnar-Gnar
Samuel Elias Carswell
Kitty Gnar-Gnar

"It's a houseboat," said Gnar, shrugging. "And, I own a houseboat, and a pair of a*****e friends stole it a while back to have their honeymoon or health excursion or whatever down the coast of Spain, and I just got it back recently, and it's not in much of a condition to be out on the water without some repairs." He smiled, twisting his hands together to make the knuckles crack. "Once I get it cleaned up again it'll be a Party Boat."

"Ah..."

Lucien would probably be less than impressed- for good reason, too- but this odd individual seemed harmless enough. In addition, he was quite willing to play along with Samuel's delusion that he was, in fact, still intact, and that scored points by itself.

"... I suppose you could come back with me if you need somewhere more habitable to stay... I do tend to work most of the night, and it's just a little townhouse, but I'm sure it could handle a third occupant."

'Just a little townhouse'? It was one of the grander ones in town, but it would appear little to a man that had grown up in a grand luxury manor.

The look in Gnar's eyes was a shining, trusting, wondrous one, of the sort usually found on young dogs, or red pandas.

"Really?" he said, breathlessly. "And you're not drunk right now, so you're not going to forget or pretend you didn't mean it in the morning?"

And Gnar was apparently still sober enough to refrain from cackling like a madperson and shouting 'You idiot! You've invited me in! You'll never get rid of me now!'

"No, I'm sober. Quite pointedly sober." He wasn't sure he'd ever trust alcohol again. "All I ask is that you keep the less wholesome things from my apprentice. He's sixteen, and as-is he's a handful. Put something unwholesome within his reach, and I'm sure he'll try it at least once. He's a good boy, but he's... adventurous."

He drummed his fingers on his chin as he thought. "I'll need to pick up a new couch though. Mine met a mysterious, smashy sort of fate. I'm still puzzled..."

"Ha, I'll try." He rubbed the back of his neck. Do you even know what counts as unwholesome anymore, Gnar? "I never grew out of that phase myself."

He bounced on the balls of his feet, excitedly. "No rush! I can sleep pretty much literally anywhere."

"Hahaha! Because you're a cat, right?" Samuel, honestly, it's not that funny. Your sense of humor is odd. "We've a spare room you can take, actually. I'm sure it'll suit you." Hell, a houseguest may not be so bad. Someone to share the place with and forget about the last few months. He still felt strangely unsupervised, being so far out with only his young student.

Toothsome Lunatic

11,400 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Person of Interest 200
Zumae
Samuel Elias Carswell

"I have absolutely no idea what you're talking about, but here's a cigar."

When in doubt, offer little luxuries? Samuel fussed nervously with his fingers, hoping that at the least he'd not have offended.

Ducking under a table, Darshana stared at the man and his companion curiously as they seem undisturbed by the strange blue flashing object bouncing recklessly around the room. It was a sight to behold, here is this man chatting contently with his friend, offering up a cigar while glass from bottles and windows shattered all around him.

"Ummmm you guys might want to..." Before she could finish her sentence, the strange object found itself stuck in a corner in the rafters. "Oh never mind." Sighing she moved from under the table and proceeded to sit in a chair next to it. Hanging her head in thought, she momentarily forgot the man had addressed her in the first place.

Suddenly as if struck by lightning a thought occurred, "Oh Yeah!" She popped up from her seat and rushed over to Sam grabbing him by the shoulders. "You can help right? Yes you can help. So help."

"I can help with what?" He had already decided that whatever that was, counted as 'magic', and thus if he didn't believe in it, it wouldn't do the pesky things like setting his hair on fire or trying to possess his mortal soul.

"I'm no wizard, I'm afraid."

Magic Hobo

Samuel Elias Carswell
Kitty Gnar-Gnar
Samuel Elias Carswell
Kitty Gnar-Gnar
Samuel Elias Carswell
Kitty Gnar-Gnar

"Ah..."

"Hahaha! Because you're a cat, right?" Samuel, honestly, it's not that funny. Your sense of humor is odd. "We've a spare room you can take, actually. I'm sure it'll suit you." Hell, a houseguest may not be so bad. Someone to share the place with and forget about the last few months. He still felt strangely unsupervised, being so far out with only his young student.

"Well, yeah, exactly," he said, sheepishly. "Also, practice. Ngh! A spare room would be fantastic. I don't put much out of order when I take up residence somewhere, really..." Not at first, anyway. It takes him a while to settle in, like dry rot.

...If you're looking for adult supervision, Samuel, you are looking in completely the wrong place.
Samuel Elias Carswell

"I can help with what?" He had already decided that whatever that was, counted as 'magic', and thus if he didn't believe in it, it wouldn't do the pesky things like setting his hair on fire or trying to possess his mortal soul.

"No, no. It's nothing of the sort." Though Sam's guess was probably not too far off. "You see I lost my.... my ummm....... KEY! Yeah KEY, lets go with that and I need a little assistance finding it if you don't mind." Darshana tried to give him a friendly looking smile but only managed one that looked like a rascal up to no good.

Toothsome Lunatic

11,400 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Person of Interest 200
Kitty Gnar-Gnar
Samuel Elias Carswell
Kitty Gnar-Gnar
Samuel Elias Carswell
Kitty Gnar-Gnar

"Well, yeah, exactly," he said, sheepishly. "Also, practice. Ngh! A spare room would be fantastic. I don't put much out of order when I take up residence somewhere, really..." Not at first, anyway. It takes him a while to settle in, like dry rot.

...If you're looking for adult supervision, Samuel, you are looking in completely the wrong place.

"Ah. I don't, either. Well. Lucien disagrees, but for the most part that's work-related paraphernalia that takes up the space..."

Just looking at him might give clues, that Samuel could be a touch tricky to live with- fastidiously tidy, obsessive-compulsive about alphabetizing his pantry, despite the fact that he almost never ate from it. Or anywhere, if the thickness of his legs is to be believed.

It may not have been the best decision. It certainly wasn't a thought-out one. But, damn it all, Samuel needed SOME distraction. Perhaps it was what he and Lucien needed to start mending.

Toothsome Lunatic

11,400 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Person of Interest 200
Zumae
Samuel Elias Carswell

"No, no. It's nothing of the sort." Though Sam's guess was probably not too far off. "You see I lost my.... my ummm....... KEY! Yeah KEY, lets go with that and I need a little assistance finding it if you don't mind." Darshana tried to give him a friendly looking smile but only managed one that looked like a rascal up to no good.

"Mmm. What sort of key do you mean?"

He quirked his entire body sidelong like a bendy tree. There are less silly ways of checking under benches, Mr. Carswell. Er, Weston.

Toothsome Lunatic

11,400 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Person of Interest 200
(( Dammit Gaia.
I NEED a long white nightdress and a fluffy green housecoat. That's what Sammy sleeps in (or tries to), and I cannot has. >: c ))

Magic Hobo

Samuel Elias Carswell
Kitty Gnar-Gnar
Samuel Elias Carswell
Kitty Gnar-Gnar
Samuel Elias Carswell
Kitty Gnar-Gnar

"Ah. I don't, either. Well. Lucien disagrees, but for the most part that's work-related paraphernalia that takes up the space..."

Just looking at him might give clues, that Samuel could be a touch tricky to live with- fastidiously tidy, obsessive-compulsive about alphabetizing his pantry, despite the fact that he almost never ate from it. Or anywhere, if the thickness of his legs is to be believed.

It may not have been the best decision. It certainly wasn't a thought-out one. But, damn it all, Samuel needed SOME distraction. Perhaps it was what he and Lucien needed to start mending.

"I know how that goes. I don't like to take work home with me, though. You won't regret this, I promise!" And that's a reckless promise if there ever was one, but hell, he was excited. He'd wanted a change in venue, well, rooming with a couple of quirky British kids was certainly that.

(( and that's me falling asleep at the wheel. Ninight! ))
Samuel Elias Carswell
Zumae
Samuel Elias Carswell

"Mmm. What sort of key do you mean?"

He quirked his entire body sidelong like a bendy tree. There are less silly ways of checking under benches, Mr. Carswell. Er, Weston.

" Oh.... just a portal to a galactic interdimensional maximum security prison. Damn near lost five lives escap... I mean guarding that place. In anyway case", She pulled Sam upright," Mr. Carssmell, Watson or whatever. You're an engineer right? You'd be able to construct a detector right? And lets say that detector can pick up galactic power sources similar to inconsistent beta waves with a touch of radioactivity, you'd be able to make something like that right?"

9,375 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Timid 100
  • Guildmember 100
... ... ...

Emily was growing restless. She was now in her third day of constant invisibility, and the last thing her (also ghostly) neighbor told her before she left on this stealth quest was "don't keep up the invisibility too long, or you'll stay that way". Emily liked being seen. She had been a child of socialites, and often dressed the part.

And Emily wasn't going to walk (well, float) away after three days of watching this blond man (Mr. Carwesksomething-or-other) without so much as introducing herself. She needed closure.

She considered materializing in front of the door and stepping in, pretending to be a normal person.

Instead, she floated on over, only slightly more visible than before, and silently placed some fake bunny ears on Mr. Blondguy's head.

Yep, perfect closure.
Stupid mischievous ghost culture.

[[stupid timezones man, this stuff going on into 6AM while I try to force myself out of sleepyland]]

Toothsome Lunatic

11,400 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Person of Interest 200
(( Shifting back to our main thread! Keeping up twos' tough for me. Here we are-

http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/art-freebies/rp-freebs-reqs-a-posh-townhouse-third-on-main-street/t.79780289/ ))

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff